Spring Order Ski-Doo & Ice Ripper XT 1.25" or 1.5"

stoney

I have the 1.6 in ice cobra stud on my 19 850 backcountry, my wife’s 600 renegade has the 1.25 ice cobra stud.  Pre stud Only way to go in my opinion. I play off trail on logging roads and like the taller lug for what I do. 

edit to add. I pay for track upgrade to keep extra warranty. Worth the few bucks to pay for track and have extra warranty. 

Edited by J Feces

4 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

I bought several sleds and gear off The Cove and felt they didn't appreciate my business. Ended up at St Onge, a little further but price was better and they treated me like I mattered.

I live in the same place as you,must be why I would say the exact same thing,"I felt they didn't appreciate my business". Ended up at Northland Rec.

My REV purchase in '07 was maddening. Doo had an end of season promotion on @ the time that was publicized w/ ads in the papers.

The salespersons @ 2 of the dealers I contacted (1 in person & 1 by phone call) acted like they knew nothing about it. After the phone call I thought I was going to smash the phone thru the top of the desk.

9 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

I bought several sleds and gear off The Cove and felt they didn't appreciate my business. Ended up at St Onge, a little further but price was better and they treated me like I mattered.

Not skidoo related but I also bought from them and never again.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, signfan said:

No issues with slider wear or lug tearing with the higher lug track?  How many km do you have on your tracks?

My sidewinder 141 xtx has a 1.6 cobra, and i just hit 17k km for the track.  It still looks like great, and i should get another few seasons out of it.   I put in dupont sliders 2 years ago. I do not ride roads too often(when i can avoid them), and i am careful not to hammer it in low snow conditions.  For my riding i will most likely stick to the 1.6, but if i think i was going to road ride alot and hammer it on low snow/rocky conditions i would for sure want something smaller.

Get DuPont sliders. Threw them on during fall service and wow what a difference in low snow conditions. Never get that warm sticky feeling with these slides snd no wear on them so far this season. Best money spent. Already went thru two seats of regular doo slides (about 2000 km’s on each set) doos fold down ice scratchers are nice too. Have a set on sled now, for those hard spring trails we will get eventually. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 9:31 PM, Turbo Doo said:

I am enjoying the rack steering on my '21 900T XRS, rather then the steering on my '20 X 900T. It seems to track better. Also like the wider running boards, and the better shock package,  and more adjustment.  But i would buy not hesitate to buy an X. 

Is the rack steering lighter or easier?  I would trade in my Enduro 900 Ace if the steering is easier

25 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I am finding its about the same, but it tracks way better..

thanks

• 2 years later...

To the guys that changed there springs out to heavier ones, does any one have part numbers? I have a new to me 2023 X900 T X pacjkage, factory springs are soft for my weight. Im 260lbs. With blocks on 5 sled now drops 5.5 inches when I sit on it.

Thanks 

• Like 1