Dist 1 Brockville - Hawkesbury Area

signfan

Any first hand ride reports from this area?  How are their trails?  Showing mostly green, but not a ton of snow down there.  Just debating a day trip and would love to hear from some folks that have ridden there lately.

Pretty good. I have almost 1000km this season in 4 one day trips the last 4 weeks on the trails east and south of Ottawa. We are getting wacked with this snow tonight and maybe Friday.  Grooming takes time to catch up. Larose forest is nice. Here is a 240Km day trip. The one big thing to know about navigating around here is to know the town names along your route, as the trail number signage can be sparse and even conflicting. This season is the first that I made it down to Cornwall on the trails. Don't expect fuel in any small town on a Sunday. (Can't help you on Brockville.)

12Feb21 Local Big Loop.JPG

Edited by Gadgetman
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, slomo said:

Keep an eye on district 6 as well...should be more green after the snowfall this morning.

Hopefully next winter things will be back to normal & I can do my planned race & ride weekend. Stay in Pembroke and ride to Evansville on the weekend, then a couple of rides on Mon' & Tues'. I really enjoyed my day & a half of riding up there last winter.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 11:34 PM, Gadgetman said:

Pretty good. I have almost 1000km this season in 4 one day trips the last 4 weeks on the trails east and south of Ottawa. We are getting wacked with this snow tonight and maybe Friday.  Grooming takes time to catch up. Larose forest is nice. Here is a 240Km day trip. The one big thing to know about navigating around here is to know the town names along your route, as the trail number signage can be sparse and even conflicting. This season is the first that I made it down to Cornwall on the trails. Don't expect fuel in any small town on a Sunday. (Can't help you on Brockville.)

12Feb21 Local Big Loop.JPG

Just going thru your tracks the numbering system is 'different' to say the least. Parallel trails w/ the same numbers or the trail comes to a T & the numbering is the same in all 3 directions.

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

Hopefully next winter things will be back to normal & I can do my planned race & ride weekend. Stay in Pembroke and ride to Evansville on the weekend, then a couple of rides on Mon' & Tues'. I really enjoyed my day & a half of riding up there last winter.

Consider this place to stay - 

https://www.logosland.com

Self contained fully equipped motel suites on the cross of two trails - good deals in the winter and for some reason practically deserted? Good spot.

1585732653_IMG_4513(Medium).thumb.JPG.81758fb5e5ef49f029501d33eafa3456.JPG76475143_IMG_4510(Medium).thumb.JPG.093fb8f52ae3614701ec6a98b85f9678.JPG

1852829882_IMG_4511(Medium).thumb.JPG.a4854b0de151e1117bdd82dc347b1c9c.JPG

LogosLand are good people. I have had friends stay, good location.

Few years ago they were happy to have us park on the property to access the trails.  

I believe there is a small fee these days. 

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

Just going thru your tracks the numbering system is 'different' to say the least. Parallel trails w/ the same numbers or the trail comes to a T & the numbering is the same in all 3 directions.

Yup. I appreciate the work that the volunteers do, so I will leave my suggestion as  - know the town names in the direction you wish to travel, in D1. It would be nice if the ITG was consistent with trail markers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

LogosLand are good people. I have had friends stay, good location.

Few years ago they were happy to have us park on the property to access the trails.  

I believe there is a small fee these days. 

Currently, that stretch of highway 17 has someone putting boulders, water tanks and such on the highway during the night, so all motorists have to extra careful until the OPP can catch the offender.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/be-alert-opp-warns-motorists-as-more-debris-found-on-highway-17

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, slomo said:

Consider this place to stay - 

https://www.logosland.com

Self contained fully equipped motel suites on the cross of two trails - good deals in the winter and for some reason practically deserted? Good spot.

1585732653_IMG_4513(Medium).thumb.JPG.81758fb5e5ef49f029501d33eafa3456.JPG76475143_IMG_4510(Medium).thumb.JPG.093fb8f52ae3614701ec6a98b85f9678.JPG

1852829882_IMG_4511(Medium).thumb.JPG.a4854b0de151e1117bdd82dc347b1c9c.JPG

@slomo I rode thru there (past the gate) on my day trip last Feb'. A great ride from Pembroke to the rail bridge to Quebec, back a bit & down to Renfrew & then home.

D6 but this gives you an idea of where you could do an easy loop.

image.png.42e6f6addbce3e4765feb2ffbec5e4cc.png

I would've done the loop near Westmeath, but lost the trail at a road intersection.