Feb 13 - Kincardine D9 -wow

ecarnell

What another beautiful ride from the house with my 13 year old.

ditch banged into kincardine tims for a coffee and hot chocolate - on the trails 8:45 ish. Back home 3:30pm.
301 km for the day.

some of the nicest trails I’ve ridden all year.

went through Lucknow, fill up in Blyth, to wingham to pick up some parts, up to chesley to pick up some chainsaw chains and fill up, looped through paisley then hydroline back to tivterton / kincardine.

I had forgotten about how fast the trails were from blyth to wingham - wonderful farm land and beautifully groomed.

saw two groomer and two OPP suvs.... just looking for permits :)

ps time for some new runners....

5F5EA4A8-D4C8-4C7D-828A-845943BE7B7A.jpeg

DC14BAE8-F4D8-4D1B-82F9-B9AF739CA8A8.jpeg

7A48A63B-294F-44EF-88A9-A5D5B84D9BFB.jpeg

F9918487-4886-46D1-973D-BB27F8375C2F.jpeg

FFBBA25E-4463-43E9-BC28-AE0CA851929B.jpeg

A28E0065-77CD-4E0D-890A-53C161EB6E03.jpeg

8C9734F9-30FD-44EE-A2A5-D572DF96B4E9.jpeg

• Like 9

Al has been doing a great job with the groomer.   IMHO he is one of the best groomers

Good day,passed you at that groomer this morning,was awesome this morning

• Like 1

I was up that way today.     I trailered to my buddys cottage in Point Clark and we did much the same loop without going as far south as Wingham.   We got 220kms on.  Trails were really good and the traffic was lower than I expected.   I hate to say it though.   There is more snow in Mitchell than up that way and I think that the trails are in slightly better shape.   Your area has a lot of "follow road to trail" which is putting a beating on my carbides this season.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ecarnell said:

What another beautiful ride from the house with my 13 year old.

ditch banged into kincardine tims for a coffee and hot chocolate - on the trails 8:45 ish. Back home 3:30pm.
301 km for the day.

some of the nicest trails I’ve ridden all year.

went through Lucknow, fill up in Blyth, to wingham to pick up some parts, up to chesley to pick up some chainsaw chains and fill up, looped through paisley then hydroline back to tivterton / kincardine.

I had forgotten about how fast the trails were from blyth to wingham - wonderful farm land and beautifully groomed.

saw two groomer and two OPP suvs.... just looking for permits :)

ps time for some new runners....

5F5EA4A8-D4C8-4C7D-828A-845943BE7B7A.jpeg

DC14BAE8-F4D8-4D1B-82F9-B9AF739CA8A8.jpeg

Nice pics!

How did you deal w/ the Tims? You didn't go thru the drive thru did you> When I came back on the E208 after my ride w/ @Bigfish last week, I road a bit further west to the end of the trail. That gets you about 5 minutes walking from a Tim's & Wendy's. I thought OK, but how do I grab something if I'm not in a car? I don't know if they are doing take out in Ptbo or what the set up is.

I have done the drive thru thing a few times over the past year.

Nice looking trails and it sounds like you guys had a nice ride together. Trails are very good in the south this year! Even if Parry Sound district was open, I’m not sure  I would even bother travelling. Sooo good down in the south this year! 

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

Nice pics!

How did you deal w/ the Tims? You didn't go thru the drive thru did you> When I came back on the E208 after my ride w/ @Bigfish last week, I road a bit further west to the end of the trail. That gets you about 5 minutes walking from a Tim's & Wendy's. I thought OK, but how do I grab something if I'm not in a car? I don't know if they are doing take out in Ptbo or what the set up is.

I have done the drive thru thing a few times over the past year.

Just walk in , order with helmets on.

pick up from counter and drink / eat at the sleds parked in lot.

The Bv2s are great for this to drink / eat with helmets still on/warm!

no in store dinning , but can still order in the restaurant for take out.

Edited by ecarnell
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Nice looking trails and it sounds like you guys had a nice ride together. Trails are very good in the south this year! Even if Parry Sound district was open, I’m not sure  I would even bother travelling. Sooo good down in the south this year! 

Absolutely - don’t think I’ll be trailering until road running becomes a problem around here.

• Like 1

Another 1" of fresh snow in Exeter this morning. We ran Friday the local trails from Exeter to B111 up to Mount Forest for fuel, then the B202 to B109. Jumped again on B111 by Listowell to B108 by Atwood, and took the B108 to Hay Swamp, and the home to Exeter. On B109 just north of intersection 621 we met a delivery van stuck on the trail, just following his GPS. Had our socially distanced lunch on our sleds at a corner in the bush. 

PXL_20210212_193227604.jpg

PXL_20210212_184233262.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Al has been doing a great job with the groomer.   IMHO he is one of the best groomers

agree, he's been doping lots this year 

1 hour ago, Yamatario said:

Another 1" of fresh snow in Exeter this morning. We ran Friday the local trails from Exeter to B111 up to Mount Forest for fuel, then the B202 to B109. Jumped again on B111 by Listowell to B108 by Atwood, and took the B108 to Hay Swamp, and the home to Exeter. On B109 just north of intersection 621 we met a delivery van stuck on the trail, just following his GPS. Had our socially distanced lunch on our sleds at a corner in the bush. 

PXL_20210212_193227604.jpg

I recognize that intersection from Friday about 5PM. When I consulted the map at "621", I realized I had missed a turn back at "521" where I was supposed to head east on Trail C511 to our trailers in Arthur. I haven't yet mastered navigating via intersection numbers versus trail numbers. I got chastised by our group for taking the long way when they were on low fuel warning lights and late for supper. Thankfully my self confidence will survive and I just told them to get more fuel efficient sleds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tricky said:

I recognize that intersection from Friday about 5PM. When I consulted the map at "621", I realized I had missed a turn back at "521" where I was supposed to head east on Trail C511 to our trailers in Arthur. I haven't yet mastered navigating via intersection numbers versus trail numbers. I got chastised by our group for taking the long way when they were on low fuel warning lights and late for supper. Thankfully my self confidence will survive and I just told them to get more fuel efficient sleds. 

LOL, yes always peer pressure when leading. Most times we just say generally where we are going. If you miss a corner just don't tell them. Majority of times they are too busy following and sledding they don't even realized they went down the same trail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tricky said:

Just move to the back of the pack when they chastize you. They'll quiet down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tricky said:

there is so many spider trails running in the west that you will never get lost, for me i like the adventure of finding new trails that are not run like the main trails

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ecarnell said:

never seen D9 look like this before !!!!

sooooo much Green!!!!!

943F91D0-6619-4B99-AF03-175D2B186988.png

Ride baby ride. That suns getting warmer by the minute..Awesome stuff. Soo happy for all the southern riders, the clubs and volunteers etc etc. New snow coming this week, and hoping that the following  weeks warmer temps don't screw march riding down here..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Storm is a coming again it seems... hopefully more vertical snow than horizontal snow we typically  get around here so close to the lake.

C9CC1D22-EE7D-4596-891C-98330505F838.jpeg

looks familiar.........10th concession .....

• Like 1