Soo much Green

Turbo Doo

Just wanted to give a shootout to all the clubs and volunteers and landowners everywhere.  Hats of people. Haven't seen this much green in quite a few years. Get out and ride people. Don't think twice about it. Mrs. Turbo Doo and myself will be out and about in D9, once again Saturday.  :icon_steer:

Screenshot_20210211-212932_Go Snowmobiling Ontario 2020-2021!.jpg

• Like 9

Got 3200kms on this season, between D5 and D9. And sleds only been on the trailer 3 times.

Damn it is good to be able to ride from home again

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Zertrider said:

Got 3200kms on this season, between D5 and D9. And sleds only been on the trailer 3 times.

Good to hear about that much riding out there!

7 hours ago, Zertrider said:

I'm right behind you. 2900 k and in the trailer 4 times  only an HR to get to the first snow. Big day today. Leaving 730. To the Beach 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

I'm right behind you. 2900 k and in the trailer 4 times  only an HR to get to the first snow. Big day today. Leaving 730. To the Beach 

Leaving around 10. Not sure the destination. North from Ilderton area 

As i started working up in Bruce County last July I was truly hoping that the region would get decent snow this winter. Prayers have been answered :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToSlow said:

I’ve got over 1300 miles, yes miles cause I don’t know how to set my cluster to metric 

That dealer of yours must not have given you the owners manual either.  It tells you in there how to go from Imperial to Metric, how to display the tach and speedo on the side you want, how to display the temp number in the bar graph, etc.  Its a good read.  I have had to instruct many out there how to do it.

Edited by Big Pussy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

why are those trails closed?

The medical officer of health, Dr. Cheerios has closed all trails in district 10 and 11 . These are the only districts in Ontario that are closed. He has kept them open for cross country skiing because those people are immune from the Chinese produced virus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I have around 1900kms so far this season. Did 390kms (gps says 383km) yesterday from home. Trails were incredible the entire day! Conditions are the best I’ve seen it in the south since 2013/14.6007E6EE-AF06-45E9-80FE-B90B866B89B5.thumb.jpeg.4398a0bad45030ffbde784489d055d23.jpeg

Edited by Baylaker
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, snapper said:

The medical officer of health, Dr. Cheerios has closed all trails in district 10 and 11 . These are the only districts in Ontario that are closed. He has kept them open for cross country skiing because those people are immune from the Chinese produced virus. 

He is a prime example of the folks that don't understand why we ride. Look @ the pics that we post. Fingers are freezing but we have to take a few. 

This is my 51st season of riding. Even though the riding has been 'limited' this winter in some ways I'm still having fun. 

Just thinking back to '00/'01 & I went riding out of Uxbridge in Dec'. The 1st week the Ridges got about 6" every other day. I had my new '01 MXZ600 in Oshawa. I was supposed to go out w/ a friend. She said that seeing as I had the new sled & they had a pile of snow (she lived on the outskirts of Uxbridge), she suggested that if we could ride 2 up, I could run up to a restaurant in Sunderland. That was a good winter as it was also my second Northern Blastoff trip (staged in North Bay).

12 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

That dealer of yours must not have given you the owners manual either.  It tells you in there how to go from Imperial to Metric, how to display the tach and speedo on the side you want, how to display the temp number in the bar graph, etc.  Its a good read.  I have had to instruct many out there how to do it.

omg I cant do the ha ha  smiley but     HA HA 

16 minutes ago, revrnd said:

He is a prime example of the folks that don't understand why we ride. Look @ the pics that we post. Fingers are freezing but we have to take a few. 

This is my 51st season of riding. Even though the riding has been 'limited' this winter in some ways I'm still having fun. 

Just thinking back to '00/'01 & I went riding out of Uxbridge in Dec'. The 1st week the Ridges got about 6" every other day. I had my new '01 MXZ600 in Oshawa. I was supposed to go out w/ a friend. She said that seeing as I had the new sled & they had a pile of snow (she lived on the outskirts of Uxbridge), she suggested that if we could ride 2 up, I could run up to a restaurant in Sunderland. That was a good winter as it was also my second Northern Blastoff trip (staged in North Bay).

Nice I love north Bay Area. Be fun to ride from there to Kirkland lake and back. 

12 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice I love north Bay Area. Be fun to ride from there to Kirkland lake and back. 

It's a long day BTDT on that trip. 223 miles Left NB @ 10 AM & rolled into the Don Lou @ 6:20 PM.

51 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I think I have around 1900kms so far this season. Did 390kms (gps says 383km) yesterday from home. Trails were incredible the entire day! Conditions are the best I’ve seen it in the south since 2013/14.6007E6EE-AF06-45E9-80FE-B90B866B89B5.thumb.jpeg.4398a0bad45030ffbde784489d055d23.jpeg

Hey good to see your on the forum again its been a while    yup its pretty good at home 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Hey good to see your on the forum again its been a while    yup its pretty good at home 

Ive been hiding lol. Wife and I have been busy with our 5 week old girl Gabriella, my third, her first. I’ve also been very busy with snow removal as well as riding! Yes, I chose right this time around hahaha!  Conditions are fantastic and there’s a lot more snow on the way! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Ive been hiding lol. Wife and I have been busy with our 5 week old girl Gabriella, my third, her first. I’ve also been very busy with snow removal as well as riding! Yes, I chose right this time around hahaha!  Conditions are fantastic and there’s a lot more snow on the way! 

Congratulations on your new daughter. I see a 120 in your future LOL

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Congratulations on your new daughter. I see a 120 in your future LOL

Thankyou! 120’s are way too much for me. 
I bought a 83’ 250 bravo for my 9 & 7yr old a few years back and only paid $550 for it. I started them on it when they both were around 5-6yrs old. That thing will go another 35yrs LOL.

new and used kids sleds are priced way too high right now. I would love to get her a kitty cat, then a 120 but they’re just too much money for what they are.

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Thankyou! 120’s are way too much for me. 
I bought a 83’ 250 bravo for my 9 & 7yr old a few years back and only paid $550 for it. I started them on it when they both were around 5-6yrs old. That thing will go another 35yrs LOL.

new and used kids sleds are priced way too high right now. I would love to get her a kitty cat, then a 120 but they’re just too much money for what they are.

L0L My 3 boys started on an 81 Bravo. I spent more time fixing than I did riding with them.

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

L0L My 3 boys started on an 81 Bravo. I spent more time fixing than I did riding with them.

I just clean the carb every year on it and it runs like a champ. Actually, I will say the wife and I doubled up on it the one day like dumb and dumber and rode it up penetanguishene harbour and completely destroyed the skid haha! I’m sure it was time for an overhaul anyways! Other than that it’s always been trouble free.