Accident repair on AC

Puggz

We had a mishap with one of our machines and it looks like about $1600 in parts to get it back to new again. Nothing major, just plastic.  We have insurance w/$500 deductable. Its prob. about $2k with labour.

If I fix it myself where is the best deal on parts? I bought a number of accessories and parts from the US arctic cat site last november with 25% off and free shipping. I didn't get hit with tax or duty either over 2 shipments. Does anyone know if they hold a similar sale in the winter/spring? Or other ideas?

TIA,

P.

I gotta ask.. Which tree was at fault ??

Im not sure about sales this year as it seems nothing can stay in stock lately..

Edited by WinderFab
  • Haha 1

good luck on finding cat parts anywhere. if the dealer doesnt have them in stock, cat/textron backorders just about EVERYTHING. Sorry for your mishap, I wish you luck on the repairs, and parts finding. Ski

Edited by skidooboy

That sucks.    You are smarter to pay out of pocket vs an insurance claim on a $2k hit.    

Guess you could also look on Kijiji for used parts.  

If you take it to the Dealer, it could be there for weeks awaiting AC parts, which is valuable riding time.  

On 2/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, WinderFab said:

I gotta ask.. Which tree was at fault ??

Im not sure about sales this year as it seems nothing can stay in stock lately..

Funny thing is, no tree (this time).. Following to close, swerved to avoid a collision, slid sideways, and rolled it.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 9:05 AM, skidooboy said:

good luck on finding cat parts anywhere. if the dealer doesnt have them in stock, cat/textron backorders just about EVERYTHING. Sorry for your lishap, I wish you luck on the repairs, and parts finding. Ski

Soooo true... I ordered parts before Christmas and they still haven't come in! 

• Sad 1

Place near Orillia sells used sled parts. I would have to search their name.

23 hours ago, Wildbill said:

What do you need? We have a large inventory. 

PM sent.

On 2/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, Puggz said:

We had a mishap with one of our machines and it looks like about $1600 in parts to get it back to new again. Nothing major, just plastic.  We have insurance w/$500 deductable. Its prob. about $2k with labour.

If I fix it myself where is the best deal on parts? I bought a number of accessories and parts from the US arctic cat site last november with 25% off and free shipping. I didn't get hit with tax or duty either over 2 shipments. Does anyone know if they hold a similar sale in the winter/spring? Or other ideas?

TIA,

P.

I bought an A-arm from this seller, excepted my offer and shipped to me,75 bucks  may or may not have all the parts you need,,

valcourtvttmotoneige

3 hours ago, cehyoopers said:

I bought an A-arm from this seller, excepted my offer and shipped to me,75 bucks  may or may not have all the parts you need,,

valcourtvttmotoneige

If I understand the trade agreement correctly, there isn't any duty on products manufactured in the U.S. coming into Canada. It's when a product is made outside of the U.S. imported to the U.S. and then gets shipped to Canada that you have duty.