Trailering outside health zone

hancop

Is this allowed ? Friend told me he was riding with some guys from Exeter today and met up with some others who told him they heard of 2 guys that trailered from Exeter to Sudbury and where fined $38,000. Seems like an unlikely amount to me but just wondering what the law is on this ? Can we be charged with something for this and how much ?

Anyone in the know ?

• Haha 1

Can be charged $880 for driving with someone outside your household.  Other then that,  no. That story has BS written all over it.  Plenty of guys trailering,  heck we trailer any time to day ride, pass many many OPP. Nothing. But then again its just me and Mrs. Turbo Doo too. 

1 hour ago, hancop said:

Is this allowed ? Friend told me he was riding with some guys from Exeter today and met up with some others who told him they heard of 2 guys that trailered from Exeter to Sudbury and where fined $38,000. Seems like an unlikely amount to me but just wondering what the law is on this ? Can we be charged with something for this and how much ?

Anyone in the know ?

wow, even $3800 would be a stretch. Went from KW to Bancroft a few weeks back. Just the Mrs and I. DIdn't see a single law enforcement officer during the entire trip on the road or trail.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, they were on closed trails (south of suds) in a large group and very belligerent to the OPP? Also, $38k could be aggregate. 10x$3800 for example. I dunno, smells like poop to me.

There are peeps up here, lots of trailers in the STP yard lately

They said, they said, they said...who is they. Besides too many in Exeter are just talk...LOL. Like, who would live in Exeter.

• Like 1

Brother in law just went to his family farm near Greenwater provincial park, just outside Cochrane, and nothing. No issues at all. And he was pulling his sled trailer. Up and back this past weekend to do some emergency tractor repairs for the family. Hes a diesel mechanic. 

1 hour ago, Yamatario said:

They said, they said, they said...who is they. Besides too many in Exeter are just talk...LOL. Like, who would live in Exeter.

Sure they weren't Pokemon hunting?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Some NCDN local spots, are booked. Just saying, not that I would really know anything about that.  :ph34r::baghead::wtf:...

Dave [Hank] Taylor checking with Frank-may do Temisk./R.-N./V.-D. Mar. 5-7!

• Haha 1

There was this news story the other day. 

https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/two-people-from-toronto-area-face-fines-after-getting-stuck-while-driving-on-capreol-snowmobile-trails-1.5301989

I'm wondering if something was lost in translation as the story was passed along from the guy's cousin's girlfriend's father's neighbour's uncle?

26 minutes ago, revrnd said:

There was this news story the other day. 

https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/two-people-from-toronto-area-face-fines-after-getting-stuck-while-driving-on-capreol-snowmobile-trails-1.5301989

I'm wondering if something was lost in translation as the story was passed along from the guy's cousin's girlfriend's father's neighbour's uncle?

Ok, rightfully so then. Tresspassing on trail with a vehicle,  charge.  Traveling with someone out of your house,  charge.  And then firearm charge.  Good on them. Travel by yourself or with people from your own household,  your good to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Ok, rightfully so then. Tresspassing on trail with a vehicle,  charge.  Traveling with someone out of your house,  charge.  And then firearm charge.  Good on them. Travel by yourself or with people from your own household,  your good to go. 

:right_on:

Saw at least 20 trailers on my travels north this evening.....including the one in my rear view mirror :icon_steer:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

Saw at least 20 trailers on my travels north this evening.....including the one in my rear view mirror :icon_steer:

Seen a lot (10-12) headed west on 17 near Sudbury this afternoon. In about a 20 minute period.  Ride on Boys!B)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

:right_on:

4 guys up there right now!

• Like 1

Quebec is also open.  Just follow the 8pm curfew rules.

And no issues in trailside police checks.    The Police Officers were great.  Even clowned around with our group of 8 and posed for pictures cuffing the group leader for speeding.  They did say we were going a little fast but no radar guns to verify so just slowdown a bit.

8 sleds, 7 with Ontario registration.  

No fines, no paperwork check.  No cans either so no issues.   

• Like 5

We just ran from Lindsay all the way up the railbed, around harcourt and wilberforce and back into hali and down. 

Got stopped twice and we had guys from Toronto with us ( out of their approved health units) and they just checked paperwork and told us to move on.

• Like 1