LinQ Accessories

revrnd

Always carry my LinQ fuel can. I haven’t used it but others on the trail have benefited from it. In the end when it comes to fuel I would sooner be looking at it then looking for it.

It's about convenience. I put the linq gas caddies on, and take them off, many times each season, depending on my sled's gas status, the planned riding location, and the degree of gas station road rash (which varies).

Takes ten seconds to add or remove a caddy.

Edited by Blake G

On 3/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, revrnd said:

For daytripping I think the short bag is fine. On a XS chassis 'doo the SR21 needs a bit of modifying. I haven't tried installing it w/o the dual accessory bracket installed.

The smaller toilet bag holds my 'tool kit' and the bulkier 1 holds a first aid kit & some 'spares'.20210325_212630.thumb.jpg.9b70448b54bdd79f6d61c9b1c54a2d14.jpg

20210325_212650.thumb.jpg.9cb52b6662254f1a9f244fc9503e8847.jpg

Still room for a pair of gloves, tuque or hat.

Thanks for the pics. I was thinking of buying 2 of the smaller bags but maybe I should buy a small bag and the SR21. Never seen the SR21 in person and was just wondering if it had noticeably more capacity than the smaller bag for the more money it is. Always like to have as much storage as possible but I think I like the looks of the shorter bag better.  

3 minutes ago, probill said:

Thanks for the pics. I was thinking of buying 2 of the smaller bags but maybe I should buy a small bag and the SR21. Never seen the SR21 in person and was just wondering if it had noticeably more capacity than the smaller bag for the more money it is. Always like to have as much storage as possible but I think I like the looks of the shorter bag better.  

Did you not see the bag on my sled up in Kap'? It was the SR21. 

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

Did you not see the bag on my sled up in Kap'? It was the SR21. 

Unfortunately no. For some reason you always wanted to have your sled tarped up when parked. I will have to call around to a few dealers and see if they have any in stock. I imagine not but its worth a try. 

1 hour ago, probill said:

Unfortunately no. For some reason you always wanted to have your sled tarped up when parked. I will have to call around to a few dealers and see if they have any in stock. I imagine not but its worth a try. 

Not sure what their "walk in" status is these days, but Bennett's in Whitby has had end of season discounts on instore BRP stuff - bags, gas cans, etc. See what they have in stock.

5 minutes ago, slomo said:

Not sure what their "walk in" status is these days, but Bennett's in Whitby has had end of season discounts on instore BRP stuff - bags, gas cans, etc. See what they have in stock.

Thanks for the tip... I will check that out for sure

• 3 weeks later...

A little improvement tonight. W/ the dual accessory adapter installed, only the small gas caddy would fit in the forward position. A spacer is necessary to carry the 'short' bag in the forward position...

No photo description available.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2021 at 9:18 PM, probill said:

Is there much difference in capacity with the new bag compared to the SR21??

As I'm moving to BRP, I'm puzzled why the need for the fabricated pieces on the LinQ to only lift off the tunnel?

6 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

As I'm moving to BRP, I'm puzzled why the need for the fabricated pieces on the LinQ to only lift off the tunnel?

It allows for more options on positioning stuff. Some Linq stuff needs more spacing, and instead of re engineer the tunnel,  and where you can puts linq brackets,  imo, it was easier to make a plate to allow greater spacing and positioning. 

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

W/ the 129" tunnel, only 1 accessory can be mounted (if you don't want to stack a bag on top of the larger gas caddy).

W/ 137" tunnels, there is no need to do this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

W/ the 129" tunnel, only 1 accessory can be mounted (if you don't want to stack a bag on top of the larger gas caddy).

137", doos linq soft bag and gas caddy can will not work great together on the linq brackets.  The plate solves the issues. Easier to make that, then move the factory mounting holes in the tunnel etc. Better then having multiple holes in the tunnel 

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Good to hear only short tracks. I thought it was another thing was loading up on my son  to build or more work for you, alternatively. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, Turbo Doo said:

137", doos linq soft bag and gas caddy can will not work great together on the linq brackets.  The plate solves the issues. Easier to make that, then move the factory mounting holes in the tunnel etc. Better then having multiple holes in the tunnel 

Found this out the hard way, I already had the 21 L bag and bought the 17Lwhen I bought new sled for my wife figuring I could use both  when I was saddle bagging but not to be, they won't both fit with standard mounting. will be purchasing the plate.

Edited by BoonerBP
spelling

1 hour ago, BoonerBP said:

Found this out the hard way, I already had the 21 L bag and bought the 17Lwhen I bought new sled for my wife figuring I could use both  when I was saddle bagging but not to be, they won't both fit with standard mounting. will be purchasing the plate.

:right_on: