New ski doo?

gobills

7 minutes ago, stoney said:

Dirt bikes I assume?

We have a couple, really enjoy them in the summer......I think the bigger issue is having a hassle free place to ride them, which thankfully we do, otherwise I doubt we would have them.

Yes, 

Where do you guys go?

I was looking on-line - looks like a decent amount of places in the province which are legal.

His buddy backs onto Gopher as well - sounds likes it's fun out there.

12 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Nice, congrats.

We are hoping to get bikes for this year - hockey is still king for the winter around here :(

I was very happy when my son told me he was done with that.

Now he's flying planes.:headbang:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Yes, 

Where do you guys go?

I was looking on-line - looks like a decent amount of places in the province which are legal.

His buddy backs onto Gopher as well - sounds likes it's fun out there.

My sister  has 50 acres not far from us, track out back, that could use some work, but serves the purpose.

They have a old horse oval track as well, that is great for the kids now as they built their confidence riding.

They will need a bigger bike for the track though, so that will come soon as they get bigger......daughter could likely jump up a size in bikes now, but I think she is happy riding the PW50 for now...she is not as adventurous or daring as my son on the bike.

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I think today they can build whatever you want via snow check. Same with atv’s just take 6 months to get one, when I last checked with dealer on a new atv. Not much inventory coming in besides what is being snow checked now. That keeps prices up. 

Met a load of Can-Ams on 28 heading north last week. Likely headed for Bancroft.

20 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Not sure which thread I posted on earlier that my dealer says all the seadoos are sold. There will be nothing in the showroom   and it does sound like sleds will be the same 

Smart on them.

46 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Not sure which thread I posted on earlier that my dealer says all the seadoos are sold. There will be nothing in the showroom   and it does sound like sleds will be the same 

Smart on them finally. Accept your customer orders in the spring and build to suit. I imagine Valcourt can build X number of units a year w/o overtime etc. How they split it between sleds & PWCs would depend on orders.

I still think forcing dealers to take 'this many of whatever' before customers know what is available is putting the cart before the horse. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, oldslowsledder said:

Yeah have a feeling that's the way it's going to be. I'm a repeat customer, perhaps helped, but used to getting considerably more off

And I just got the email from them. They want MSRP plus $750 plus taxes.

I'm on the fence right now as to what I want to do. I will get another quote for sure.

I have this idea that some low mile used sleds may come up as dealers are not offering much for trade ins. I don't think their Blue Book takes in to account what has happened to the market. This may make more guys sell private if they want to trade.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:25 AM, volunteer2 said:

Give Lockharts a call     My salesman was saying other dealers are list     They still will work as in the past   Discounts are available    They are thinking the long run for repeat sales 

Thanks Nick, I'll give them a call.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

https://snowgoer.com/latest-news/lynx-snowmobiles-coming-to-america-for-2022/29279/?oly_enc_id=3570I5128245I2X

I was close on the spelling of Pauli Piippola's name (not enough 'i's LOL)

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'm on the fence right now as to what I want to do. I will get another quote for sure.

I have this idea that some low mile used sleds may come up as dealers are not offer much for trade ins. I don't their Blue Book takes in to account what has happened to the market. This may make more guys sell private if they want to trade.

one year old 3 years warranty left 1000 km.............perfect

58 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

That would be ideal. Problem I see right now is, all the used sleds are priced the same as new. But in 2 weeks that should change.

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That would be ideal. Problem I see right now is, all the used sleds are priced the same as new. But in 2 weeks that should change.

Its coming down. Looking for a newer ride for Jr and I have a found a few that re close in price.

5 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

I found one I wanted- but its not delivering until the end of July. so 2022 it is......

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have this idea that some low mile used sleds may come up as dealers are not offer much for trade ins. I don't their Blue Book takes in to account what has happened to the market. This may make more guys sell private if they want to trade.

I got a quote on a Seadoo yesterday - the owner was kind enough and said sell yours private - you will do WAY better - he'd love it on a trade - but sell it private.

4 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

That was my plan originally.....then they up'd the ante to 180 hp, so just had to go with a 2022.

Plus with it being my first DOO, I was worried about possibly getting another person's problem that would give me a bad taste with DOO because of someone else's lack of care.

And on top of that, what I got for my old sled, I am sure closed the price gap between a 2021 and a 2022....so new it was!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So do I take it that freight & PDI on average for Doo dealers is $750.00?

I was wondering what the fees for that is now a days.......$500 for freight & $250 for PDI.

11 hours ago, Spiderman said:

This mean you sealed the deal?

11 hours ago, stoney said:

In  my head, yes....just need to stop back into the dealer to give them the $500.00 & complete paperwork.

Will be doing that this week.

Deal is now sealed......or I guess as sealed as it gets for now!

Excited for 2021/22 season....feels weird not having a sled though, never had it play out this way before.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, stoney said:

Deal is now sealed......or I guess as sealed as it gets for now!

Excited for 2021/22 season....feels weird not having a sled though, never had it play out this way before.

Congrats on your new 2022 sled.  I agree it is weird to buy them now and wait. What did you finally decide to get?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

Congrats on your new 2022 sled.  I agree it is weird to buy them now and wait. What did you finally decide to get?

Thank you!

Renegade X 900 Turbo R Black, 1.5" IR, old school gauge & no quick adjust.

I was on the fence about the XRS, but figured the money I will save by getting the X, will cover the 1+1 seat I am buying.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, stoney said:

Thank you!

Renegade X 900 Turbo R Black, 1.5" IR, old school gauge & no quick adjust.

I was on the fence about the XRS, but figured the money I will save by getting the X, will cover the 1+1 seat I am buying.

That is a nice sled! The new gauge is pricy.  I agree sometimes you have to pick and choose to save where you can to get other things you want.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

That is a nice sled! The new gauge is pricy.  I agree sometimes you have to pick and choose to save where you can to get other things you want.

Taking a page out of the automotive marketing textbook?

4 hours ago, stoney said:

So do I take it that freight & PDI on average for Doo dealers is $750.00?

I was wondering what the fees for that is now a days.......$500 for freight & $250 for PDI.

I just assumed Freight and PDI would be $700-$1000. That's where it was 6 years ago when I bought my last new sled but that was a left over.

I've never ordered a sled in my life so wasn't sure how this worked price wise.

I'm not after the turbo so whether its a '20, '21 or a '22 really makes no difference to me. But with the price of used it only makes sense to order a new one right now. Unless the right used sled at the right price comes along....lol

Trying to figured out how long I can wait when new production is limited. Likely wait to see if Polaris lets all us 4 stroke buyers down again before I drop a deposit.

I’m about to order a new Doo Renegade X Turbo, inquired at 2 dealers, one of which I bought my last one at. Got the same price from both, about $500 off MSRP but then added that much back on for freight or pdi, so basically back to msrp price plus taxes.

Is that in the ballpark of what to expect this year?

Not to mention Doo cut back the spring order warranty to 3 years from the usual 4 years you used to get. 

7 hours ago, sinc71 said:

I’m about to order a new Doo Renegade X Turbo, inquired at 2 dealers, one of which I bought my last one at. Got the same price from both, about $500 off MSRP but then added that much back on for freight or pdi, so basically back to msrp price plus taxes.

Is that in the ballpark of what to expect this year?

Not to mention Doo cut back the spring order warranty to 3 years from the usual 4 years you used to get. 

That’s about what I was quoted by three dealers, two were the same, one was slightly higher. 
I was just a guy off the street, no past history. 

There won't be any "deals" when there is limited numbers and people are buying - I mean the margins are small all the time anyway.

• Like 2