New ski doo?

gobills

31 minutes ago, revrnd said:

If it's anything like in the past the dealers put in their orders @ the winter dealer meetings & thats that.

I snowchecked sleds in '94, '00 & '03. When I was on the fence about getting the 440 for '95, the dealer said I'd better make up my mind as he was only getting 3 & 2 had deposits against them. I said well the snow check promotion wasn't over yet, so what was the rush? He explained that they see the sleds, put in their orders & the new model info is released to the public. Then the customers put their deposits down on what's available.

"Isn't that kind of backwards?" He just shrugged his shoulders & said that's the way it is". I guess I was thinking too logically?

I snow checked an '02 Summit 8 151 from Dan Guay in Deubrilville. 

I rather doubt that I got one that he was already going to be getting.

Purty sure that he "ordered" it.

I'm guessing it is more of a pressure sales pitch.

Has anyone been told on the last day of Snowcheck that they could not take their order b/c it was sold out?

Other than possibly the case of a limited build...

10 minutes ago, Ox said:

I snow checked an '02 Summit 8 151 from Dan Guay in Deubrilville. 

I rather doubt that I got one that he was already going to be getting.

Purty sure that he "ordered" it.

I'm guessing it is more of a pressure sales pitch.

Has anyone been told on the last day of Snowcheck that they could not take their order b/c it was sold out?

Other than possibly the case of a limited build...

When I ordered 1 of my ZX chassis sleds, they already had the build schedule set up. The dealers had a 'calendar'/list that should day by day what models down to colour/version/motor were being built. Mine in particular that year was late Aug'/early September. 

Some of you probably experienced the late minute deliveries of the Machs in years past.

Looking @ the 2022 pdf file, that's quite the colour combination on the Enduro, baby blue & lime green. Brings back memories of the magenta rail fiasco.

image.png.c632640f0e907307231de3f5c9fd6007.png

That being said, Unlike past season brochures:

2013: MXZ X-RS "Order before APRIL 16 to take the green flag this fall"

2020: (Spring Fever versions) "By buying in spring, you don't risk that your dealer won't have the exact model, feature package, engine, or colour you want when the snow flies."

Has anyone tried to order a sled in recent years & was unable to do so?

Just now, revrnd said:

Looking @ the 2022 pdf file, that's quite the colour combination on the Enduro, baby blue & lime green. Brings back memories of the magenta rail fiasco.

2020: (Spring Fever versions) "By buying in spring, you don't risk that your dealer won't have the exact model, feature package, engine, or colour you want when the snow flies."

Kind of wish they offered other colours on the Renegade X.....but Black it will be, maybe see about adding some accents at a later date.

Should go well with my Black & Green Cat riding gear :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stoney said:

Kind of wish they offered other colours on the Renegade X.....but Black it will be, maybe see about adding some accents at a later date.

Yes that seems to be trend, black/black or gaudy...

56 minutes ago, revrnd said:

That colour package  has a price premium of $300 over Black.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

That colour package  has a price premium of $300 over Black.

Not sure how to react to that...

Yesterday I ordered a 2022 Renegade X-RS 850 with the fancy new automatically adjusting shocks.

Black.

• Like 15

15 hours ago, stoney said:

This mean you sealed the deal?

5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

This mean you sealed the deal?

In  my head, yes....just need to stop back into the dealer to give them the $500.00 & complete paperwork.

Will be doing that this week.

• Like 1

I've been mulling over a Mach Z, surprised the dealer would only discount $500 off MSRP, offered free PDI but $550 for freight. Guess supply and demand :o

Would appreciate knowing if anyone else is getting better discounts this year

11 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

I've been mulling over a Mach Z, surprised the dealer would only discount $500 off MSRP, offered free PDI but $550 for freight. Guess supply and demand :o

Would appreciate knowing if anyone else is getting better discounts this year

I'm surprised they are offering any discount. I was assuming I'd be paying MSRP plus a $1000.

I haven't been to a dealer yet. I did call one last week for a price but never got a reply by email or phone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm surprised they are offering any discount. I was assuming I'd be paying MSRP plus a $1000.

I haven't been to a dealer yet. I did call one last week for a price but never got a reply by email or phone.

Yeah have a feeling that's the way it's going to be. I'm a repeat customer, perhaps helped, but used to getting considerably more off

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Give Lockharts a call     My salesman was saying other dealers are list     They still will work as in the past   Discounts are available    They are thinking the long run for repeat sales 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Yeah have a feeling that's the way it's going to be. I'm a repeat customer, perhaps helped, but used to getting considerably more off

I think if you are looking for more off it won't be the Mach Z.  

• Like 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I think if you are looking for more off it won't be the Mach Z.  

Perhaps, just a thrifty shopper lol. Also priced out a Tundra for the son, quoted full MSRP plus freight and PDI, again, repeat customer :huh:

1 minute ago, oldslowsledder said:

Perhaps, just a thrifty shopper lol. Also priced out a Tundra for the son, quoted full MSRP plus freight and PDI, again, repeat customer :huh:

Try someone else.  

1 hour ago, stoney said:

In  my head, yes....just need to stop back into the dealer to give them the $500.00 & complete paperwork.

Will be doing that this week.

Nice, congrats.

We are hoping to get bikes for this year - hockey is still king for the winter around here :(

1 minute ago, Spiderman said:

Nice, congrats.

We are hoping to get bikes for this year - hockey is still king for the winter around here :(

Dirt bikes I assume?

We have a couple, really enjoy them in the summer......I think the bigger issue is having a hassle free place to ride them, which thankfully we do, otherwise I doubt we would have them.

On 2/23/2021 at 4:16 PM, revrnd said:

If it's anything like in the past the dealers put in their orders @ the winter dealer meetings & thats that.

I snowchecked sleds in '94, '00 & '03. When I was on the fence about getting the 440 for '95, the dealer said I'd better make up my mind as he was only getting 3 & 2 had deposits against them. I said well the snow check promotion wasn't over yet, so what was the rush? He explained that they see the sleds, put in their orders & the new model info is released to the public. Then the customers put their deposits down on what's available.

"Isn't that kind of backwards?" He just shrugged his shoulders & said that's the way it is". I guess I was thinking too logically?

I think today they can build whatever you want via snow check. Same with atv’s just take 6 months to get one, when I last checked with dealer on a new atv. Not much inventory coming in besides what is being snow checked now. That keeps prices up. 

The pricing I received from a few dealers out the door less the tax is not at list price, so they is some wiggle room.

I did not go with a Mach for my flavour though, but I cannot see why all the models would not have some room to play.

I would even suggest the higher the list, the more the wiggle room, not a ton, but I would think more.

Agreed, crazy year, yuo need to make the hay when you can, and right is the time for that in this field if interest.