New ski doo?

gobills

Pricing is out of control - and getting out of touch with reality in my opinion.

There will always be "those" who can - but at those prices, that piece of the pie is getting smaller, costs tethered to closing of trails is slowly nailing the coffin door shut.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Pricing is out of control - and getting out of touch with reality in my opinion.

There will always be "those" who can - but at those prices, that piece of the pie is getting smaller, costs tethered to closing of trails is slowly nailing the coffin door shut.

Prices do not appear to be an issue for new or used snowmobiles this year. Not much new inventory left around and used have been selling for high to silly prices.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Prices do not appear to be an issue for new or used snowmobiles this year. Not much new inventory left around and used have been selling for high to silly prices.

All "toys" are crazy priced right now.. I sold an ATV i bought 6 years ago for 500.00 more then I paid.. LOL had over 10,000km on it as well.I

Mike

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Like I said, for some, and there is a new sucker born everyday. I haven't bought a new one because of kids sports and time, but when those free up - I don't think I will be willing to drop 25k to get back in and that'll be it.

I think it's a little easier if you're still actively in and trading every year or two - but to step in now at those prices - people will say forget it and I highly doubt you're attracting any new blood.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Like I said, for some, and there is a new sucker born everyday. I haven't bought a new one because of kids sports and time, but when those free up - I don't think I will be willing to drop 25k to get back in and that'll be it.

I think it's a little easier if you're still actively in and trading every year or two - but to step in now at those prices - people will say forget it and I highly doubt you're attracting any new blood.

There may be some good deals around on slightly used mid summer this year when some first timers decide they would rather have a SeaDoo.

Boy, this sorta mirrors the concern aboot making a "living wage" at their part time job at Timmy's. 

Just like there are starter jobs, there are entry level machines, and a whole used market that runs from "barely ridden" to "popular local trail only" sled. 

Want a Mach Zed?

Don't got 23 Large?

Well, there are some mid 2000's "1000 CC" machines out there in the Rev chassis.

Or an 800 trippple trippple from around 2000.

Or maybe you settle for a good used MXZed in stead?

Or, maybe you find a carbed 600 MXZed that is only a few years old for really cheap?

It's not an all or none game here....

You don't HAVE to have a 28' fully enclosed and heated trailer, towed behind a new crew cab 1 ton diesel with 3 brand new snowmachines inside and all new gear to go ride. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Ox said:

Boy, this sorta mirrors the concern aboot making a "living wage" at their part time job at Timmy's. 

Just like there are starter jobs, there are entry level machines, and a whole used market that runs from "barely ridden" to "popular local trail only" sled. 

Want a Mach Zed?

Don't got 23 Large?

Well, there are some mid 2000's "1000 CC" machines out there in the Rev chassis.

Or an 800 trippple trippple from around 2000.

Or maybe you settle for a good used MXZed in stead?

Or, maybe you find a carbed 600 MXZed that is only a few years old for really cheap?

It's not an all or none game here....

You don't HAVE to have a 28' fully enclosed and heated trailer, towed behind a new crew cab 1 ton diesel with 3 brand new snowmachines inside and all new gear to go ride. 

...but you would prefer to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

55 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

40 minutes ago, MXZMike said:

All "toys" are crazy priced right now.. I sold an ATV i bought 6 years ago for 500.00 more then I paid.. LOL had over 10,000km on it as well.I

Mike

Given the trend in the last 12 months, are people really not surprised that prices for 2022 creeped up a bit more - should not be.

What around you has not went up in price.....trail pass is one that I know :)

Agreed, price point on the high end is crazy, but still selling.....and as I mentioned earlier, there are still models that IMO are not that outlandish.

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Given the trend in the last 12 months, are people really not surprised that prices for 2022 creeped up a bit more - should not be.

What around you has not went up in price.....trail pass is one that I know :)

Agreed, price point on the high end is crazy, but still selling.....and as I mentioned earlier, there are still models that IMO are not that outlandish.

My wage! :)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

My back twinged looking at that picture 

My back wouldn't survive that...

Automobiles are subsidized. Boats and sleds are not. The value of "toys" is high because since Mcsquinty/Wynnebag and Trudope have put our credit into such bad shape our purchasing power is now about 50% and dropping fast of what it was ten years ago. This is only the beginning.... hold my beer

Its gonna get fugly soon

• Like 1

I’m probably only in this thought but I don’t think prices are that bad. As shocking as $20k is today, pricing was just as shocking every time the new models came out. A couple % more of a jump than normal seems low to me. My industry is up more than that. Some of the products I purchase have gone up 6-22% in the last 6 months with more increases to come.

Here is an ad from January of 2005 of a new Mach Z. We haven’t even double the price in 17 years. Considering the tech in sleds over those years, seems like a bargain.

F7A3DEA6-CDFF-429E-A5A0-31CAD1F52F88.thumb.jpeg.1b1a4d2a05d2bf87d28020ed6601e891.jpeg

• Like 2

HP sauce? 165 in that 1000 mach z.

Edited by Blake G

On 2/18/2021 at 12:24 PM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

where we ride their is 0 advantage to a4 stroke. couldnt imagine the weight up front

You'd be surprised. My Buzzard is 40 pounds heavier than my REV was, but you wouldn't notice it in the handling. 900ACE vs 600SDI.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, stoney said:

Cannot argue with that......up until the last year, I had zero interest on a 4-S, just liked the 2-S feel.

Up until my MXZ's replacement motor died a premature death, I was in the same camp. I figured it was time to swap the motor as I had no interest in an XP. Better safe than sorry. Well 3 seasons & just over 1500 miles later, it ate a piston pin clip & scored the crap out of 1 cylinder. That was the end of my 2S days.

The 1st ride of the 2nd season I owned it, took out the PTO bearing.

After being a guinea pig the 1st year the 600SDI came out & some not so stellar durability, I should've looked for a non-SDI sled in '07...

I've been on 4 strokes since 2010. I bought a '07 Polaris Switchback 600 new for $11k. Rode it for 4 seasons and sold it for $4500 with 10k kms. on it. No one wanted it because it was "In need of a rebuild".

Screw that. I'd rather ride a 4 stroke and have resale and durability.

• Like 2

900 ace blizzard is the best sled I've owned.  My wife's has 25,000 km on hers and still going strong.  Mine is pushing 16,000 km.  I'd love to get a new pair, but truth is I'll probably push mine past 20,000 km and hers closer to 30,000 km before dealing.  They start everytime and handle just fine. Handle better than my 05 500ss rev 2 stroke.  Quiet, comfortable and fun machines to ride.  I've come up with a rule in our house.  Only 2 stroke engines I'll own is a Stihl weed eater and a Stihl chainsaw. 

Edited by signfan
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, signfan said:

900 ace blizzard is the best sled I've owned.  My wife's has 25,000 km on hers and still going strong.  Mine is pushing 16,000 km.  I'd love to get a new pair, but truth is I'll probably push mine past 20,000 km and hers closer to 30,000 km before dealing.  They start everytime and handle just fine. Handle better than my 05 500ss rev 2 stroke.  Quiet, comfortable and fun machines to ride.  I've come up with a rule in our house.  Only 2 stroke engines I'll own is a Stihl weed eater and a Stihl chainsaw. 

Agreed! But Skidoo continues to $hit in their own nest by not offering a 900 ace sled with a 129 skid. Crazy. I put over 20K km on my Blizzard and was lucky enough to find a low km TNT for the next couple of years, but I sure would like to buy a new one and I am not alone. Maybe Polaris will have something?

6 minutes ago, tricky said:

Agreed! But Skidoo continues to $hit in their own nest by not offering a 900 ace sled with a 129 skid. Crazy. I put over 20K km on my Blizzard and was lucky enough to find a low km TNT for the next couple of years, but I sure would like to buy a new one and I am not alone. Maybe Polaris will have something?

I haven’t looked that close on the new offerings...but I’m not sure I understand. The 900 is only offered in renegade 137 in skid? Vs 129 in skid? Why is that such a big problem? I don’t think I’ll ever buy shorter skid again myself. I was looking for 900 turbo in 146-154 backcountry but will have to stick with 850 if that’s the chassis for me. Thanks for clarifying. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J Feces said:

I haven’t looked that close on the new offerings...but I’m not sure I understand. The 900 is only offered in renegade 137 in skid? Vs 129 in skid? Why is that such a big problem? I don’t think I’ll ever buy shorter skid again myself. I was looking for 900 turbo in 146-154 backcountry but will have to stick with 850 if that’s the chassis for me. Thanks for clarifying. 

Yeah its debatable.  Wife's sled is a 136 renegade.  I think it rides better, but everyone has their own opinion.  I do agree that the smaller gas tank on the g4s sucks.  

9 minutes ago, J Feces said:

That is what many say, 900 is only in the longer skid.....so no MXZ if you want the 900.

1 minute ago, signfan said:

Yeah its debatable.  Wife's sled is a 136 renegade.  I think it rides better, but everyone has their own opinion.  I do agree that the smaller gas tank on the g4s sucks.  

How much smaller, do you know the approx range on a tank?

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

How much smaller, do you know the approx range on a tank?

My 600R used 31 ltrs in 186km riding hard. 

XS chassis is 40 liters.  Gen4 is 36.  Can get close to 300 km out of the XS.  Not sure what you'd get out of the gen 4.  I've had instances where I pushed this to 250 or 260.  Was happy to have the reserve.  On a G4 could be in trouble.