New ski doo?

gobills

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, I'm looking at the same sled.

I have to do a rethink now that they are offering the Turbo 130 for an extra $1500.

I was actually set to buy a 2021 Enduro 900 out of Quebec if the numbers grew too much.

Yeah you'll want a 2022 to get the new suspensions.  130 hp is interesting, but I still come back to the NA motor has been great for me.  20 lbs lighter, runs on 87 octane vs 91 and its proven.  Skidoo 4 strokes have had a very good reliability record.  I do question whether the 130 hp turbo will be as reliable when it doesn't come with a cooler though.  Time will tell I guess.  

The smart shoxs look neat (not coming in an Enduro).  That said I really have to wonder how long you go without an issue.  That's a lot of sensors and wires in exposed places to get screwed up.

Edited by signfan

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Yeah you'll want a 2022 to get the new suspensions.  130 hp is interesting, but I still come back to the NA motor has been great for me.  20 lbs lighter, runs on 87 octane vs 91 and its proven.  Skidoo 4 strokes have had a very good reliability record.  I do question whether the 130 hp turbo will be as reliable when it doesn't come with a cooler though.  Time will tell I guess.  

The smart shoxs look neat (not coming in an Enduro).  That said I really have to wonder how long you go without an issue.  That's a lot of sensors and wires in exposed places to get screwed up.

My thoughts have mirrored your post. Why cant they get 130 Hp. out of a naturally Aspirated engine? 

Totally agree about wiring and sensors in problematic areas. My 2007 Yamaha had a relatively heavy looking cable going from the ssuspension shock to the side of the tunnel. I gave up on replacing it as it would not last much more than a season without breaking off.

11 hours ago, signfan said:

I'd still really like to see a 120 - 130 hp Polaris 4 stroke in the matrix chassis to make this interesting.  Here's hoping.  Anyone heard when the Polaris lineup will be released?

March 1st is the Polaris 2022 Release Date. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, I'm looking at the same sled.

I have to do a rethink now that they are offering the Turbo 130 for an extra $1500.

I was actually set to buy a 2021 Enduro 900 out of Quebec if the numbers grew too much.

Regular 900 is more then adequate. In sport mode it is a pretty fast sled. I get dealer to put on DuPont slides though if you can swing a free labour deal, when you buy sled. Seems to be way less friction with them on. 

A 130 is turbo'ed?

And yet the same motor is in the M Zed @ 180?

Good grief, what is it N/A?

That must be a LOT of boost ???

1 hour ago, stoney said:

So, Mr. Polarii,

What inside scoop do you know or rumours on what is to come :)

Lots of rumours flying around will be interesting to see which if any are true. I have heard lots of chatter about a 4 stroke and couple models the masses are dying to see if they will release one. March 1st wont come soon enough.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Lots of rumours flying around will be interesting to see which if any are true. I have heard lots of chatter about a 4 stroke and couple models the masses are dying to see if they will release one. March 1st wont come soon enough.

Would ya be a 4-stroke guy if they offered one?

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

Would ya be a 4-stroke guy if they offered one?

I would consider it but for the next few years I still really enjoy the 2 stroke sled feel. Obviously there is many reasons to consider a 4 stroke, Time will tell. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nunz said:

I would consider it but for the next few years I still really enjoy the 2 stroke sled feel. Obviously there is many reasons to consider a 4 stroke, Time will tell. 

where we ride their is 0 advantage to a4 stroke. couldnt imagine the weight up front

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

where we ride their is 0 advantage to a4 stroke. couldnt imagine the weight up front

I agree with this. However, I would like to try skidoo’s 900 turbo in a long track version just to see how it handles? I’m curious. 

8 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Have you had a chance to try a 900? 

I finally did last year and I other than the twitchy handling feeling the one I was riding had, I was shocked how good it felt otherwise.

The throttle and engine took a bit to adjust too as well, but nothing crazy.

We were in QC, but the area we rode that day had a mixture of trails, some wide open and some tighter trails through the bush.

The added weight up front I really do not recall being a factor at all.....maybe it contributed to the twitchiness running down a straight trail, but I hear that was a common issue that has all but been resolved for 2021.

Sled was a 900T Renegade - base rental model.

Edited by stoney

2 minutes ago, J Feces said:

I agree with this. However, I would like to try skidoo’s 900 turbo in a long track version just to see how it handles? I’m curious. 

Oh im sure its fine, Id like to try it as well

1 minute ago, stoney said:

Have you had a chance to try a 900? 

I finally did last year and I other than the twitchy handling feeling the one I was riding had, I was shocked how good it felt otherwise.

The throttle and engine took a bit to adjust too as well, but nothing crazy.

We were in QC, but the area we rode that day had a mixture of trails, some wide open and some tighter trails through the bush.

The added weight up front I really do not recall being a factor at all.....maybe it contributed to the twitchiness running down a straight trail, but I hear that was a common issue that has all but been resolved for 2021.

I rode the D102B on sunday from 51to around to the D103B just above Baysville. Holy crap. I hit one bump that sounded like it tore off the bottom of my sled.  No way could you do a heavier in the front 4 stroke and be happy. Im sure in Quebec or up north they are good. 

19 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Cannot argue with that......up until the last year, I had zero interest on a 4-S, just liked the 2-S feel.

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I rode the D102B on sunday from 51to around to the D103B just above Baysville. Holy crap. I hit one bump that sounded like it tore off the bottom of my sled.  No way could you do a heavier in the front 4 stroke and be happy. Im sure in Quebec or up north they are good. 

lol, I know the same bump you are talking about, Spine rattler.. lol

2 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

The D102B minefield......sections of that trail can be real bad at times!

Last few weekends I have seen a lot of 900T in and around Dorset.

I don't know what you guys are on about. The front end of a four stroke is light as a feather.

If anybody says snowmobiling is not exercise, tell them they should have followed me around today. I got stuck twice, once before lunch and once after.

20210218_114301.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

My chum [still] has an [had 2] M11. 

Boy that thing Schidt and Git!

Climb a hill - yep!

But gitt'n it back DOWN the hill is a whole nother issue!

I think that I can find a pic of a hill that he took all the snow off of in The Badlands. 

(Wawa)

OK, I guess it didn't all slide down like I thought, just where he spit polished the rock I guess...

Big pile'o snow at the bottom now!

DSCN0623.JPG

DSCN0624.JPG

DSCN0625.JPG

• Like 3

23k for a sled....seriously? I thought 17-18k was getting a bit stupid. I guess the supply and demand curve is on the side of the OEM's, I could never spend that on a 2-3 month a year hobby as much as I love riding

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Turbo Tim said:

23k for a sled....seriously? I thought 17-18k was getting a bit stupid. I guess the supply and demand curve is on the side of the OEM's, I could never spend that on a 2-3 month a year hobby as much as I love riding

There are other options though, people do not need to buy the premium sled....looks like a basic MXZ is around 10K.

But at 20K, the price tag for most is likely a bit of a shocker and if you are going to spend that kind of coin, I hope you have that kind of coin in the bank......could you imagine financing that......:crazy:

I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger on one, I am long overdue, but I do still like my current sled for most things & has served me very well, but I want to take my kids with me on some rides now that I think they are old enough, current sled is not ideal for that & all honesty, I just need a new sled, so time to shop.

Edited by stoney
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, crispy said:

Great looking sled! Launch control with no traction control? That aint launch control thats a stutter box. Take a GTR for a spin, thats launch control.

It’s a useless gimmick unless you have 300 studs and even then it’s useless 

• Like 3