New ski doo?

gobills

1 hour ago, Muskoka1 said:

Lester's over on Supertrax are hinting @ a 180 H.P. 900 Turbo!

If true, that won't fit in the Mach line up. For the most part the Mach series had a completely different, bigger displacement engine.

It is  the flagship of speed for Ski Doo. Imagine Ford, taking the motor out of the Escape, and saying it is now a performance motor, massaging it a bit and putting it in a Mustang..

The 1000 sdi was at it's best 175 hp, in the mid 2000's, but that was pretty impressive, and with those two juice can pistons made great torque and HP, , and from experience great fuel mileage, given that 2 stroke.

I have not ridden a 900T, or some of my buddies that have massaged the Yamaha motor for 250 plus hp.

Maybe my love of the 1000 sdi Mach may be swayed.

Frig you BRP if you whore out the Mach brand....

Build something great, if you still understand that

• Like 1

Just now, vooodooo said:

If true, that won't fit in the Mach line up. For the most part the Mach series had a completely different, bigger displacement engine.

It is  the flagship of speed for Ski Doo. Imagine Ford, taking the motor out of the Escape, and saying it is now a performance motor, massaging it a bit and putting it in a Mustang..

The 1000 sdi was at it's best 175 hp, in the mid 2000's, but that was pretty impressive, and with those two juice can pistons made great torque and HP, , and from experience great fuel mileage, given that 2 stroke.

I have not ridden a 900T, or some of my buddies that have massaged the Yamaha motor for 250 plus hp.

The 900T, was never made to compete with the 998. Period. Now, if they put the internals out of the SXS, in the sled 900T, look out 998 boys...

• Like 1

I’d love to see another Mach Z

Something to go head to head vs the SRX 

32 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

The 900T, was never made to compete with the 998. Period. Now, if they put the internals out of the SXS, in the sled 900T, look out 998 boys...

:ph34r:
Looking forward to all the speculation until next weeks news :icon_munching:and BNG on the cat sleds :rotflmao:

Either way I’d love to try a 900T, maybe demo rides will be back next season. 

22 hours ago, gobills said:

Screenshot_20210207-204729_Facebook.jpg

Rotax 1630 Ace super charged watercraft mill detuned from 230 - 300hp  to 180 -200hp ? 

https://www.rotax.com/en/products/rotax-powertrains/details/rotax-1630-ace.html

1277651518_enginepic_1630-ACE.jpg.837a3c5daac0ed4f2e9923e2b6fd27bf.jpg

Edited by Nutter
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

:ph34r:
Looking forward to all the speculation until next weeks news :icon_munching:and BNG on the cat sleds :rotflmao:

Either way I’d love to try a 900T, maybe demo rides will be back next season. 

Maybe Doo should put the boosted 998 in the renny. Now your talking.  That motor would love a real sled. I mean ah...:ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If it’s gonna be reliable and a 2 stroke, it has to go to 3 cylinders. The big twins are maxed out. All brand 2 strokes with 800 to 850 are not without many issues. Look on Kijiji and many with 3000kms have already had new or rebuilt motors. 

51 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Rotax 1630 Ace super charged watercraft mill detuned from 230 - 300hp  to 180 -200hp ? 

https://www.rotax.com/en/products/rotax-powertrains/details/rotax-1630-ace.html

1277651518_enginepic_1630-ACE.jpg.837a3c5daac0ed4f2e9923e2b6fd27bf.jpg

That’s a big engine (88kg) - wonder how they would fit it into existing chassis.

I have that in my sea doo and a wonder mill.

Edited by ecarnell

The 1630s are physically too large to fit is what I am being told.    As mentioned its a pretty heavy motor as well.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Factory Tuned 900 Turbo to 180 or 200 horsepower.  Give us more color choice. Give us a 129" MXZ 900 Ace, and option to have that in X or XRS. Done. Easy as 1, 2, 3...

They'll give us another long track model...

:wtf:

Maybe restyle the Gen 4 4 stroke hood so it doesn't look like it's off a garden tractor...

20210208_231823.thumb.jpg.97af859ba2782337fca992ec7fa4404c.jpg

Maybe offer a wrap w/ some 'traditional' yellow accents for us old farts. A friend sent me a pic earlier this winter of a retro look XS or Gen 4, it looked pretty sharp. 2020 they offered these 6 & I dont see any that would've interested me. I guess I'd be looking @ a black sled like my '90 Mach 1...

14 hours ago, vooodooo said:

You mean like they did with the Mustang Mach-E? Took the highly regarded muscle car name, put the rear hatch from the Escape on it and stuck an electric sewing machine motor on it.. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Basketcase said:

You mean like they did with the Mustang Mach-E? Took the highly regarded muscle car name, put the rear hatch from the Escape on it and stuck an electric sewing machine motor on it.. 

Yeah the gear heads are going to flock to that...

One thing i do like about some of the tunes, they can setup the tunes on the 900T, for Eco,  Standard and Sport mode, so you can toggle between tunes, depending on fuel availability and other conditions.  The 900 Ace, and 900T has a toggle swithch for different modes of the tune from factory. For example,  Sport mode will be your full on tune, standard for a watered down tune, and Eco mode for the factory tune..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

One thing i do like about some of the tunes, they can setup the tunes on the 900T, for Eco,  Standard and Sport mode, so you can toggle between tunes, depending on fuel availability and other conditions.  The 900 Ace, and 900T has a toggle swithch for different modes of the tune from factory. For example,  Sport mode will be your full on tune, standard for a watered down tune, and Eco mode for the factory tune..

It's just advanced timing isn't it Jeff?

10 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

It's just advanced timing isn't it Jeff?

From Factory,  there are 3 settings.  Sport, Standard and Eco. It was also available on a few years of the 1200. Pretty sure when toggling thru the settings,  the computer changes timing, and more likely fuel etc.  Me and Mrs. Turbo Doo are never out of the Sport setting. 

Didn't Poo have a switch on some sleds to allow a rider to adjust for the gas they were running as well.

35 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Didn't Poo have a switch on some sleds to allow a rider to adjust for the gas they were running as well.

Yes they did. Have one on a 2004 600 Classic. Key switch loccation puts the premium light on the dash. I tried it with premium once and didn't see much difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

46 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yes they did. Have one on a 2004 600 Classic. Key switch loccation puts the premium light on the dash. I tried it with premium once and didn't see much difference.

Cat had it as well. 2003 for sure had it on the cowl.....anyone I know that tried it, saw no difference.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:15 PM, revrnd said:

They'll give us another long track model...

:wtf:

Maybe restyle the Gen 4 4 stroke hood so it doesn't look like it's off a garden tractor...

20210208_231823.thumb.jpg.97af859ba2782337fca992ec7fa4404c.jpg

Maybe offer a wrap w/ some 'traditional' yellow accents for us old farts. A friend sent me a pic earlier this winter of a retro look XS or Gen 4, it looked pretty sharp. 2020 they offered these 6 & I dont see any that would've interested me. I guess I'd be looking @ a black sled like my '90 Mach 1...

Easy easy     not sure which garden tractor you mean     :icon_dance-cpatch:    I think they look more like a P$ssed off wood pecker       I still like the XS look   my favorite   next to the 2002 black ZX sleds   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1