New ski doo?

gobills

850T in a trail sled?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

850T in a trail sled?

Actually looking @ the 4 stroke 'plastic', I correct my guess to a 900T, but that's already been offered.

:blink:

• Like 1

I would bet good money that pic is fake.Probably photo shopped. Pretty sure Doo has the most sales.The bean counters see no need for a hyper sled cause they are a small market.Anybody remember the last Mach Z fiasco. I think their butts are still hurting. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

I would bet good money that pic is fake.Probably photo shopped. Pretty sure Doo has the most sales.The bean counters see no need for a hyper sled cause they are a small market.Anybody remember the last Mach Z fiasco. I think their butts are still hurting. 

Build a factory hyped up 900T, with warranty,  and i will be all over it. Unfortunately your right. That was posted last season also. The aftermarket has that all wrapped up anyways..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowchopper said:

42 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Build a factory hyped up 900T, with warranty,  and i will be all over it. Unfortunately your right. That was posted last season also. The aftermarket has that all wrapped up anyways..

The video I saw from Doo stated just that, no interest in that small market, they are catering to the masses.

But of course, manufactures sometimes do crazy things too....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

I still have my 06 1000 sdi Z.

They'd need a new mill for it. A turbo 900 @160 ish hp would be like GM  putting a 4 cylinder in and introducing it as the new and improved Corvette....but I wouldn't put it past the S for brains at BRP.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

I still have my 06 1000 sdi Z.

They'd need a new mill for it. A turbo 900 @160 ish hp would be like GM  putting a 4 cylinder in and introducing it as the new and improved Corvette....but I wouldn't put it past the S for brains at BRP.

Um, the 900T has been proven to be pumping out well more then advertised by Doo. Its darn close to that power now. Its very very easy to make that thing a runner. Boost and fuel system.  Please dont start the BS here from dootalk.com about the motor. Ive done my research.  While i agree its not a 998, its a fabulous piece.  

Hurricane Performance,  Whalen Speed, Precision Efi, Turbo Dynamics,  Boost Engineering etc etc. 

Edited by Turbo Doo

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Um, the 900T has been proven to be pumping out well more then advertised by Doo.  Its very very easy to make that thing a runner. Boost and fuel system.  

Hurricane Performance,  Whalen Speed, Precision Efi, Turbo Dynamics,  Boost Engineering etc etc. 

Be nice if it were done at the factory level for warranty reasons. Any mods and BRP will wash their hands of it.

I've been waiting for doo to come up with a something that is inviting enough to go and buy new.

The renegade enduro turbo may be it.

I'd like to rent one for a weekend to see if it's a good fit.

I rode some different, cats, yamaha's and doo's for a couple weeks, doo's that had the fly by wire throttle.

Driving so many different machines daily,  it was quite unnerving and I never did get used to it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

I've been waiting for doo to come up with a something that is inviting enough to go and buy new.

The renegade enduro turbo may be it.

I'd like to rent one for a weekend to see if it's a good fit.

I rode some different, cats, yamaha's and doo's for a couple weeks, doo's that had the fly by wire throttle.

Driving so many different machines daily,  it was quite unnerving and I never did get used to it. 

My brother had to rent a sled last year on a trip due to mechanical issues, it was the 900T, albeit in a base model, but gave you a good idea on how it felt.

It was a really fun sled that I enjoyed for the most part. For sure the throttle needed some getting use to and definitely needed some suspension work, but both were not deal breakers and have me now very interested in buying one.

I have always ran Cat 2-smoke and for the first time have an interest in riding/buying a Doo & a 4-stroke......had good luck with my Cats, but if I do not try something else, I feel I will have regrets. 

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Um, the 900T has been proven to be pumping out well more then advertised by Doo. Its darn close to that power now. Its very very easy to make that thing a runner. Boost and fuel system.  Please dont start the BS here from dootalk.com about the motor. Ive done my research.  While i agree its not a 998, its a fabulous piece.  

Precision efi, I am pretty sure this is the guy who used to do stuff on the polaris sleds.  His name is Martin.  The guy is so good at what he does, if it's still him doing the stuff for ski doo now he would be my go to.

2 hours ago, gobills said:

Precision efi, I am pretty sure this is the guy who used to do stuff on the polaris sleds.  His name is Martin.  The guy is so good at what he does, if it's still him doing the stuff for ski doo now he would be my go to.

Martin is from Precision Sports.  Pretty sure if i recall, its Sebastian at Precision EFI.. i could be wrong 

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is for real.   180HP.    Motor has the big forged crank out of the Maverick and has been proven to handle 300hp.   

BRP will let the aftermarket guys boost it to 250hp so they dont have to warranty it.   

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

It is for real.   180HP.    Motor has the big forged crank out of the Maverick and has been proven to handle 300hp.   

BRP will let the aftermarket guys boost it to 250hp so they dont have to warranty it.   

Lester's over on Supertrax are hinting @ a 180 H.P. 900 Turbo!

7 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

1 hour ago, Muskoka1 said:

Lester's over on Supertrax are hinting @ a 180 H.P. 900 Turbo!

But the stock 900T is already close to that from what I am reading and what TD suggested above as well.....it is just rated on paper at less for some reason.

Edit:, well devaluing the numbers is good for Ins I suppose......:coffeenose:

Edited by stoney

Just now, stoney said:

But the stock 900T is already close to that from what I am reading and what TD suggested above as well.....it is just rated on paper at less for some reason.

From my contacts and sources, its close to power as the 850, stock. Without any other upgrades other then a flash, expect 180. Need more upgrades to get it past that, then just a flash. Need injectors, waste gate adjustment,  BOV, etc etc.

• Like 1