Short ride - kincardine - wingham feb 6

ecarnell

Son and I slept in then went for a ride - cut it short due to weather and trails.

left kincardine timmies at 9am, down to wingham around to Lucknow and home.

154km. Home for lunch at 12:30.

some trails very wind blown. Some fields almost to a crawl as couldn’t see the next set of stakes/markers , and other spots perfect trails!

didn’t see anyone else for first 50km.

tomorrow heading north to chesly area I think - give a chance for wind to die down and groomers to maybe get out.

Eric

3DF071CB-FA1A-41AE-987C-3AB979A8E182.jpeg

A1E0722B-E036-4F31-B61E-2EC6E20AC9B0.jpeg

36471F01-8C47-4758-8B82-2775F6080E7E.jpeg

Edited by ecarnell
  • Like 7

• ecarnell changed the title to Short ride - kincardine - wingham feb 6

it was pretty bad and at road crossings had to really take a double and triple look       there are times that peoples daytime running lights dont work and they dont put on their headlights     was real concerned yesterday but was not an issue    I guess I am just saying this cause you have your boy with you and every bite of knowledge is so important  for the young ones  

Edited by volunteer2

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

it was pretty bad and at road crossings had to really take a double and triple look       there are times that peoples daytime running lights dont work and they dont put on their headlights     was real concerned yesterday but was not an issue    I guess I am just saying this cause you have your boy with you and every bite of knowledge is so important  for the young ones  

Yep - agreed. Hence why he also wears a tekvest and a bright green overcoat / frog togg to be easily seen on the trail .(and great for warmth/extra wind breaker).

im not worried as much as him driving on the trail as the other idiot coming the other direction.

I wear one too - and think I may look like a cop sometimes when people see me on the trail .......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Yep - agreed. Hence why he also wears a tekvest and a bright green overcoat / frog togg to be easily seen on the trail .(and great for warmth/extra wind breaker).

im not worried as much as him driving on the trail as the other idiot coming the other direction.

I wear one too - and think I may look like a cop sometimes when people see me on the trail .......

Tekvest for me too   :D