Parking west of Stratford

coolbane

You can park in Brodhagen at the Community Centre.    The trail runs right to it.    The trail was ok this weekend to Wingham but the sheer volume of traffic is starting to wear it out.    It has gone back to yellow from green on Friday.   

I think the trail also runs too the back of Dave's Diner in Sebringville.  There is a gas station right beside it.

Or come a little bit north, and park at the Perth East Rec Centre in Milverton

Milverton is a good spot. Trails were ok north on Saturday, which was last day I was out. Club trails were good and less bumpy and had more snow on them, then B trails in area had. Not really allot of snow anywhere at moment. Enough to ride and I wouldn’t be set on a particular destination. Railway lines were turning to ice with some gravel showing. Nothing for groomer to fix on those sections in monkton and Atwood area’s again. Have a good ride. 

21 hours ago, coolbane said:

Thanks guys. where to park in Milverton?

Has anyone got a trail report for the area from today?

Perth East Rec Centre  

40 Temperance Street Milverton

Trail head is staked out the south end of the parking.

Had a good ride in this area yesterday. launched from Rec Center in Milverton, looped down around Seaforth, up to visit buddy in Blyth then back. Trails were fast and good, although some  bush was thin. 

Anyone know why a few short sections of the multi-use railline south of Blyth have the gates closed? Each closed section has a staked ride-around. 

47 minutes ago, coolbane said:

Anyone know why a few short sections of the multi-use railline south of Blyth have the gates closed? Each closed section has a staked ride-around. 

The whole rail bed is not part of the OFSC trail system.  The rail line is part of the G2G Rail trail.  Guelph to Goderich.  https://g2grailtrail.com/  They are very anti ATV, hence the gates.  The parts of the trail being used by the OFSC has the gates open, the rest is closed, and not part of the trail.

It is a great trail right now.  Last summer they graveled the entire length of it with peastone.  I'm not sure how it was paid for, as there is no way to generate revenue.  Lots of Bikers and Hikers on it.  I wonder how long till they stop the snowmobiles.  I think they would if they could.

2 hours ago, coolbane said:

There are a couple of sections between Blyth and Walton where the trail skirts around  small bridges on the trail. I'm guessing the bridges were not capable of taking the groomer or they didn't want to chew upp the bridge deck..

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There are a couple of sections between Blyth and Walton where the trail skirts around  small bridges on the trail. I'm guessing the bridges were not capable of taking the groomer or they didn't want to chew upp the bridge deck..

OK, that makes sense.