Best Men’s Gloves??

Chickey6.archived

Muffs like Signfan showed and thinner gloves works the best. Better heat transfer from the bar warmers with thinner gloves.

Choko and Klim make a muff with the window similar to the ski doo muffs.

l bought a pair of the Choko ones couple years ago. Think l bought them at the Arctic Cat dealer in Springfield.

• Like 1

Klim fusion - two settings in one glove - grip and warm. Works great as your brake hand is usually colder and you can set up that glove for warm setting, while grip setting for throttle hand which is generally resting more on the handlebar heater and thumb warmer. Excellent flexibility. Pricey though.

• Like 1

I have worn these for the past 2 seasons and find them very warm and flexible. They also have the heated gloves if you don't mind dealing with batteries.

Here is the gloves I wear.

https://www.royaldistributing.com/fxr-torque-glove.html

A good windshield is the first requirement.  I have leather Motorfist gloves that are 4yrs old now, and have only had cold hands once. It was -35c.

These were recommended to me by a member of the York Region Marine unit - Cooks Bay / Lake Simcoe. Standard issue for them, and they are out in the windy, wide open cold a lot. I run the lakes in Haliburton (fast) all the time and these have been THE best I've ever had in 40 years of running. Don't use guards or muffs and don't need them. 

https://www.royaldistributing.com/fxr-leather-index-mitt.html

4 hours ago, slomo said:

Klim fusion - two settings in one glove - grip and warm. Works great as your brake hand is usually colder and you can set up that glove for warm setting, while grip setting for throttle hand which is generally resting more on the handlebar heater and thumb warmer. Excellent flexibility. Pricey though.

I have these gloves, but fingertips still get cold.

I wear either north face fleece gloves, or under armor gloves.  I've tried fxr,klim,arctivia,royal brand etc....  

I finally found that the thinner gloves with muffs have worked the best.  I carry large gloves with me just in case I ever got stuck or broke down.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, signfan said:

Ski doo muffs.  Then it doesn't matter.  You can wear anything or ride bare hands.  Have never had cold hands since I bought these.

https://shop.ski-doo.com/ca/en/860201144-handlebar-muffs.html

x3....this setup works great.

There is a Kimpex version of a very similar muff that is around the same price.

These muffs are not like the traditional ones. They stay upright either in use or not with a short cuff, not cumbersome at all, easy in and out.

You only need a light pair of gloves, not big or bulky, the bigger glove would likely cause issues anyways.......on warm days, I am sure no gloves needed at all.

You will find your hands to be too warm most of the times and ride with heater off for a while, switch it on to heat up again & then off, even on cold days - I know I do.

I have Klim fusion gloves as well that I will usually carry as a back up, these are very good gloves, but do not match the muffs and thin gloves.

Do not waste money on the magical pair of gloves that will fix your cold hands, try this and be done with it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stoney said:

x3....this setup works great.

There is a Kimpex version of a very similar muff that is around the same price.

These muffs are not like the traditional ones. They stay upright either in use or not with a short cuff, not cumbersome at all, easy in and out.

You only need a light pair of gloves, not big or bulky, the bigger glove would likely cause issues anyways.......on warm days, I am sure no gloves needed at all.

You will find your hands to be too warm most of the times and ride with heater off for a while, switch it on to heat up again & then off, even on cold days - I know I do.

I have Klim fusion gloves as well that I will usually carry as a back up, these are very good gloves, but do not match the muffs and thin gloves.

Do not waste money on the magical pair of gloves that will fix your cold hands, try this and be done with it.

How well do the Kimpex version fit with handguards?

33 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

How well do the Kimpex version fit with handguards?

I removed the ones I had on mine before I installed them......so I am thinking not well, but I do not recall if I tried to make them fit or removed them by default.

My  doo muffs fit with the handguards on my 850.even the little  flip out mirrors still function.

I am becoming a big fan of muffs when the temps drop.    I actually like to wear some motocross gloves (no liner) when I use them.  

• Like 2

in my opinion hands down doo muffs in the coldest weather no matter the sled with your choice of gloves ,with out -leather one piece ,leather crab claw, heated gloves may be interesting never tried- dual klim cold hands for me in moderate conditions

Some more info:

Hmmm i'm sure there's a joke there somewhere...

Anywayys, does he have heated grips? If not, a goretex gauntlet is prob. the best bet. I've also used a leather alpine ski glove with great results. I have a pair made by Black Diamond that are too warm for all but the coldest days. They even have a removalble shearling/sherpa liner that you can pull out and wash/dry, etc.  Here they are.

https://www.sail.ca/en/black-diamond-guide-gore-tex-men-s-gloves-198664

10 hours ago, scottyr said:

I am becoming a big fan of muffs when the temps drop.    I actually like to wear some motocross gloves (no liner) when I use them.  

Probably not much different than the Mechanix gloves I've been wearing.

I was over on DooTalk & a lot of mention of the BRP 'Grip' gloves. Any comments pro or con on them?

Over the years I've only used a couple of 'doo gloves or mitts. For the longest time a pair of nylon mitts w/ the 3 tone striping on the back (late 70s) and more recently a pair of 'Action' gloves:

Ski-doo Action Gloves 1 RESIZED.JPG

Ski-doo Action Gloves 2 RESIZED.JPG

There were on sale @ a dealer in the US, so I picked them up. Not a lot of use, so I can't saw how there are in the cold. I'll try them on Fri'.

Thanks everyone!!

He does have heated grips but not sure they work 100%. 

He always seems to have cold

hands so just looking at the best glove/muff options before we try to replace the grips. Doesn’t look super easy & not

sure it is the issue. 

Thanks again

M. 

44 minutes ago, Chickey6 said:

Thanks everyone!!

hands so just looking at the best glove/muff options before we try to replace the grips. Doesn’t look super easy & not

sure it is the issue. 

Thanks again

M. 

I suffer from Raynaud's, and the SkiDoo muffs work for me along with SkiDoo gauntlet gloves.   The gloves are not heavily insulated so they allow the heat to transfer from the grips.

This fall I finally talked with my Doctor and she prescribed Amlodipine for my Raynaud's.   Night and day difference with my hands.   

If your husbands finger tips go white when they get cold there is a good chance he is suffering from Raynaud's as well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chickey6 said:

Thanks everyone!!

sure it is the issue. 

Thanks again

M. 

If you are replacing the grips & heating elements, add some spray foam to the inside of the handlebar, really helps with the maintaining the heat.

• Like 2

I am stilly wearing 10 year old Polaris leather gloves - they are past their expiry date, but I can't find anything remotely close to as comfy as them

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, Spiderman said:

I am stilly wearing 10 year old Polaris leather gloves - they are past their expiry date, but I can't find anything remotely close to as comfy as them

That's probably not as long as I wore my Reimas steadily LOL

I tried the Actions today W/ just the handguards. I was running 50+ mph & my hands were a bit cold @ those speeds. Fine @ lower speeds in the twisties & when I was breaking trail into the woodlot.