Giddy UP

FYI - Just posted on their Facebook Page 

D38F4489-CAF1-4328-9AC8-617FCE2DA306.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

FYI - Just posted on their Facebook Page 

D38F4489-CAF1-4328-9AC8-617FCE2DA306.jpeg

That sounds like a great idea, save people from getting into trouble up there.

Wondering how many businesses(resultants, hotels, services, ect)  up north aren’t going to make it through this season with no sleds travelling due to Covid/restrictions.

tough times that’s for sure.

Edited by ecarnell

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

That sounds like a great idea, save people from getting into trouble up there.

Yes. It wouldn’t be good if someone made the trip and we’re not aware they were not there. :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

Wondering how many businesses(resultants, hotels, services, ect)  up north aren’t going to make it through this season with no sleds travelling due to Covid/restrictions.

tough times that’s for sure.

Yes it is sad. Edgewater Park Lodge in Kearney has cancelled reservations and now closed the restaurant because of the D11 closure until the lockdown is over.  Very sad. Lots of jobs lost as well as revenue for these small businesses that rely on the snowmobile season to help them through the winter months. :(  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

So hotels up in Cochrane will not accept reservations, say for next week currently??

I would suggest calling around to see. :mellow:  not sure since we are all supposed to stay home 

They have made it very clear that they won’t lift the lockdown till cases go below and stay below 1000 and icu are under 150 so the snow will be long gone by the time they lift this lockdown. 

I hope I’m 100% wrong on this but I think going north this year is out of the question.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

So hotels up in Cochrane will not accept reservations, say for next week currently??

Hotels/Motels are technically not suppose to book rooms, unless for essential reasons, and or housing requirements. BUT, seems like there is a few adventurers up there, riding, as seen on various media outlets. I am absolutely dying to go, would have already been up a few times, but am trying to do our part. Not sure if i can hold on past Feb 10. I can almost bet, the lockdown or stay at home order will be extended. I have "heard" some places are booking rooms, or at least letting previous bookings continue..

18 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

They have made it very clear that they won’t lift the lockdown till cases go below and stay below 1000 and icu are under 150 so the snow will be long gone by the time they lift this lockdown. 

I hope I’m 100% wrong on this but I think going north this year is out of the question.

I think your right. Some have gone, even to Quebec...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Book as a essential traveling salesman and leave sled and trailer at a staging area.

• Like 1

Well I do have an essential employee document that I carry everywhere! I’m in the energy sector, hmmmmmm

2 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Book as a essential traveling salesman and leave sled and trailer at a staging area

TD, I believe we need to set up a meeting about all this essential stuff. Likely up in the NCDN would be a food spot as it’s very cold there currently and we know germs don’t do well in cold temps!!

Seriously, sooner or later, we are going to have to learn to deal with this, and open things up. I cannot see us all being vaccinated, and this being done before next season, i just read a good article, and its saying its going to be with us for a few years. We are going to have to move along sometime or another, or there's not much going to be left, and no amount of money, if there is any of that left, will fix any of this. I will go out on a limb here, and say next season will not be any better, but time will tell i guess.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

TD, I believe we need to set up a meeting about all this essential stuff. Likely up in the NCDN would be a food spot as it’s very cold there currently and we know germs don’t do well in cold temps!!

Agreed.  Maybe i can get my Doctor to give me a note, stating that for my mental health, i MUST RIDE THE NCDN..NOW!....

2 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I have a 27’ Legend and I’m gonna start outfitting it with some stuff to stay overnight real soon. Where a good stagging are near Cochrane 

:rotflmao:... Brother in Law has a family farm near Green Water Provincial park. I am thinking, i may have to visit really really soon. You know, to help with chores..:wtf::icon_steer:

15 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed.  Maybe i can get my Doctor to give me a note, stating that for my mental health, i MUST RIDE THE NCDN..NOW!....

Me too me too!!! :icon_dance-cpatch:

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

:rotflmao:... Brother in Law has a family farm near Green Water Provincial park. I am thinking, i may have to visit really really soon. You know, to help with chores..:wtf::icon_steer:

Well I had a horse farm...I could help. I know how to muck out a stall!  :icon_steer:  lol. 

As much as I don't want to drive my motorhome on salted roads, I am just about ready to buy some rear tires that have some lugs and take it north.