Trailer deal almost soured

zoso

ordered 3 weeks ago, was in last Friday, not ready as ski guides and mats had to be installed. Advised them at that time I required it on thursday of this week, and also said I may or may not need it delivered as I was unsure as to my arrival time back in the area. I was told I could call on Wednesday,  today, and let them know. So, I call today, I will require delivery.  Advised trailer is not ready and cannot be delivered. I told the girl that is unacceptable and I would require the deal be canceled and a refund of my deposit returned. I then speak to the sales representative, he gives me attitude. Next I speak with the president of the company. He apologizes, first one to do so. He then tells me he will see if he can get it delivered and states if not he will gladly refund the deposit, then says he will call me back. Five minutes later and he has called back, and it will be delivered as promised. The reason I had to have delivery Thursday only is because I live 5 hours from their business and will not be anywhere near there for 3 weeks. So, I have a mixed review on action trailer in strathroy ontario. I would expect that the two employees that I first spoke to are getting spoken to for dropping the ball, and almost losing a 7k sale. Looking forward to trailering salt free in my local area to do day rides.....unless the trail closures spread like covid.

Thats too bad to hear.  I had a great experience with them 5 years ago.  Since then they have lost the NEO trailer dealership.  They lost their good sales people as they went to other dealers.  Personally the owners head got too big!!!!  JMO

Edited by gobills

Tried to buy a specific trailer that they advertised as being available and on lot.

Then make inquires oh...we have to order that ...please wait 6-8 weeks...

3 hours ago, gobills said:

Thats too bad to hear.  I had a great experience with them 5 years ago.  Since then they have lost the NEO trailer dealership.  They lost their good sales people as they went to other dealers.  Personally the owners head got too big!!!!  JMO

They apparently lost NEO to a close competitor, Bluewater Trailer Sales, which is also located in Strathroy, and where I bought my NEO this fall.  Great dealer...fair price, delivered on time, and staff were a pleasure to deal with throughout the whole order/sale/delivery process.

• Like 2

They are literally 4 minutes from my door, and I prefer to go elsewhere. I have been to Bluewater Trailers new yard, but haven't been in there to talk to anyone yet. Soon buying an open 18ft car/equipment trailer.

in 17 I tried dealing with those jack rods, I did not want leaf spring suspension, I wanted torsion axles, the guy was telling me that torsion axles were no good and would not work properly for my application. I informed him that if they were the proper axles for the proper weight classification, they would work just fine. All they had on the lot were leaf sprung trailers. I went to Chestermens and bought a pace himark with torsion axles, no questions asked. Action called me back to see if I wanted to buy a trailer.......the place is a joke. It is also very close to me, 20mins er so.

I agree with the Action Trailer sentiment.   I am in sales for a living and I dont like being talked down to from everyone at that store starting right from the receptionist answering the phone.   The sales guy was reasonably friendly but wouldnt even get out of his chair to acknowledge me when I was there picking it up. which pizzed me off just out of principle.  

I had no choice but to buy a trailer there this fall and it was a painful experience.    I bought it over the phone, drove down, paidf for it and hooked up myself and left.   

If I didnt NEED it that week I would have waited and got one from Bluewater.    

Edited by scottyr

The dealer can and does have the opportunity to make all the difference in the world for the customer. I will gladly pay a bit of a premium price if I know that the after sale customer service will be there when needed. Same with those who service our sleds and boats. Find someone you can count on to take care of you at a price fair to both themselves and you and stick with them.

• Like 2

Bluewater is hands down 100 times better than action. Heck I usually drive 100 kms each way to Bluewater before buying from the local legend dealer. 

hear of numerous action trailer issues - going to pick up a trailer that you wait 6 weeks for and it not being ready (pdi). 

bluewater after sales support is top notch - ordered many parts that they mail out and have always had great service. 

haven’t yet been to the huge new bluewater yard though. 

• Like 2

I had a pretty good experience with Action Trailer - I knew exactly what I wanted, they had one in stock in a week, made a down payment over the phone and arranged with a small extra fee to pay the entire amount by Visa to get a few travel miles. I think I was dealing with the owner.  Fellow in the yard helped me hook it up, and gave me some useful advice that the side door had to be securely locked by law. Lights and everything worked. After I had the trailer home for a few days, the license plate showed up by courier - the only hitch in the process - they forgot to put it on. I had Blake providing some guidance on the trailer as a result of his keen appraisal at the sled show. The front door no longer appears on the Bullit 7 X 16 models which to me is a shame as I use mine quite frequently. Over 10,000 kilometers on it without a problem, rust, wear or corrosion.

As for parts, there seems to be only two main manufacturers of axles - Dexter and Lippert - so I am not too stressed about parts which are commonly available from several sources (in normal times) I found that a standard hub and bearings from a previously owned trailer would fit and work well in case bearings went at some point on the road. 

Of course those with braking systems etc. probably might have a harder time with parts and having a reliable dealer around would be helpful.

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Reinharts is THE best for service. Scott is knowledgable and believes in customer service.

I havent bought anything from Reinharts but my dad had a wheel bearing go out of the trailer on his big bass boat along highway 89.   He limped it to Reinharts thinking that they wouldnt be able to help him.   They told him go for lunch and come back in an hour and they would have him on his way.    My dad thinks they are awesome!  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I havent bought anything from Reinharts but my dad had a wheel bearing go out of the trailer on his big bass boat along highway 89.   He limped it to Reinharts thinking that they wouldnt be able to help him.   They told him go for lunch and come back in an hour and they would have him on his way.    My dad thinks they are awesome!  

We had a small wiring issue once, on a Triton we had purchased from them. The trailer had seen 3 seasons of use. The issue occurred leaving our house once, heading to the NCDN. Made a call to Reinharts, mainly for advice.  I was promptly told, stop in on your way north, we will have you fixed up and heading north in no time.  Each purchase we have made from them, has been easy, all our questions answered,  always kept informed of stuff, etc. Its hard to find good places to deal with. IMO, Reinharts has and is one of the better trailer dealers.  

Purchased trailers from Reinhart, Miska and Edge......all have been good experiences, no complaints.

I almost bought a trailer from Jensen & Northport as well, but never happened....but good to deal with.

15 minutes ago, stoney said:

Purchased trailers from Reinhart, Miska and Edge......all have been good experiences, no complaints.

I almost bought a trailer from Jensen & Northport as well, but never happened....but good to deal with.

I bought a used Hybrid snowmobile trailer from Reinhart's in Shelbourne, great to deal with, all checked out , ready when they said.

• Like 1

Come on guys do some research Buy Canadian!

This were we bought our 26ft enclosed aluminum trailer. http://www.bremartrailers.com/ 

You do have to preorder the enclosed trailers close by Crediton, on.

Another one is https://becknertrailers.com/ located outside Hensall, on.

Both these two build their own trailers and are Canadian.

• Like 1

^^^ Here is another homegrown snowmobile trailer manufacturer. TowTecTrailers.com

They are located in Mitchell, Ontario. 

^^^ Here is another homegrown snowmobile trailer manufacturer. TowTecTrailers.com

They are located in Mitchell, Ontario. 

I bought  a tow tec landscape this spring for the new s/s. Very happy with cost..product and sales experience. Mitchell ont.

10 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Come on guys do some research Buy Canadian!

This were we bought our 26ft enclosed aluminum trailer. http://www.bremartrailers.com/ 

You do have to preorder the enclosed trailers close by Crediton, on.

Another one is https://becknertrailers.com/ located outside Hensall, on.

Both these two build their own trailers and are Canadian.

What is price comparison between top of line Ontario built and USA built?

All use same axles and aluminum side panels by looks of pictures.