Carden Snow Drifters

mikern

is this club still around, 

i used to ride that area alot but they do not seem to post anything the last 5 or so years

mike

Edited by mikern

25 minutes ago, mikern said:

i dont think they have updated the ITG in the last 5 yrs

You may mean they haven't shown any trail route changes....but if you are referring to trail availability, I have noticed some colour changes upon occasion. 

6 minutes ago, windsurfnut said:

I liv just off one of their trails and I ask to volunteer every year with no response. 

I wish I could do more for the club.  Don't tell anyone but I sneak out and clear on my own for them...

No one here will tell... we promise! That was a very small club IIRC, Bruce B was the President and they had one groomer. Haven't heard of him for probably the last 4 years, think he had a plane? Very interesting dude. 

Livin'

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried over the years to volunteer with Carden.  Never any response.  

I sent an email the other day asking if club existed and got back a yes they do and what do you want type response.

There are 3 members on this site very close to or on Carden trails that would all volunteer some time and not one of them gets a response.  And there is no email address to contact the club.

Hope things improve.   

On 1/19/2021 at 8:49 PM, livin' on the b103 said:

No one here will tell... we promise! That was a very small club IIRC, Bruce B was the President and they had one groomer. Haven't heard of him for probably the last 4 years, think he had a plane? Very interesting dude. 

Livin'

That is a very polite and political way to describe him. 
Your experience may differ. 

7 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

That is a very polite and political way to describe him. 
Your experience may differ. 

LMAO!! I did indeed struggle with that post. I had some brief dealings with him when I was HCSA President. His pet project was to re-open the trails through the QE 2 park. Doubt that will ever happen.

Livin'

4 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

LMAO!! I did indeed struggle with that post. I had some brief dealings with him when I was HCSA President. His pet project was to re-open the trails through the QE 2 park. Doubt that will ever happen.

Livin'

Those were great trails.  What was the reason they were shutdown?

• 4 weeks later...

took a ride up through carden this weekend , thought we might head to norland 

well lots of snow, groomed once maybe,but not recently  

sad as that is how some of us like to get to haliburton and areas  

trails where better there in the 90's than they have been in a long time

mike

Near Wasaga on Saturday I chatted with a couple of guys riding from Elmira: destination Haliburton and beyond, via Norland.

I told them, "you can't get there from here."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Near Wasaga on Saturday I chatted with a couple of guys riding from Elmira: destination Haliburton and beyond, via Norland.

2 friends of my youngest son rode from near Elmira to Haliburton 472 km. on Saturday. On Sunday they rode to Pleva in the Renfrew area which was another 250 km.

My son said they told him they used a GPS or they would have been in big trouble. They took wrong turn a couple of times.

The real tall guy (Beaner) has a 2020 Doo mxzx850 black/red/silver with a Doo spare gas tank on the back and I think Aaron has a black Doo but I could be wrong about that one.

Just spoke with my son and his friend Beaner confirmed about the guy they met saying you can't get there from here. LOL

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Sure can, Blake. Just need one of them trail riding, off trail, ditch banging, new Ski -Doo, BRP, name like some sort of cat sleds!!

Livin'

I rode Carden trails on Friday and Saturday.  It is sad that they have not groomed.

The 101 trail is a road allowance with 3 ft drifts.  No reason they could not groom it.   

• Sad 1

I often dream of the day when we can travel through the QEII park to Minden and beyond. 

8ED0245F-59DB-43E0-95C0-FE7DB6F8320B.jpeg

12 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

2 friends of my youngest son rode from near Elmira to Haliburton 472 km. on Saturday. On Sunday they rode to Pleva in the Renfrew area which was another 250 km.

My son said they told him they used a GPS or they would have been in big trouble. They took wrong turn a couple of times.

The real tall guy (Beaner) has a 2020 Doo mxzx850 black/red/silver with a Doo spare gas tank on the back and I think Aaron has a black Doo but I could be wrong about that one.

Just spoke with my son and his friend Beaner confirmed about the guy they met saying you can't get there from here. LOL

PLC I talked with these guys for about 25 minutes, then rode with them toward Orillia for about 40 minutes. They set a brisk,safe pace. Not excessive.

Very friendly fellows. I think your son has made a good choice in friends.

11 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

I often dream of the day when we can travel through the QEII park to Minden and beyond. 

8ED0245F-59DB-43E0-95C0-FE7DB6F8320B.jpeg

I used to ride the trail from the top of Head Lake up to Minden for lunch.   It was a nice trail.

But I expect too tough to groom on snowmobiles.    

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

I used to ride the trail from the top of Head Lake up to Minden for lunch.   It was a nice trail.

But I expect too tough to groom on snowmobiles.    

Is the terrain there like what the old Rathburn/McQuigge Trail passed thru west of Apsley? E107 south of Twin Lakes can't be a great groomer run either.

I am local to them and also have been pretty disappointed with the trails the last few years.  Always very late starting / grooming, etc. I always select them as my home club when I buy trail pass.. Maybe I should stop and pick another club.

Mike

On 1/28/2021 at 7:09 AM, Sksman said:

I have tried over the years to volunteer with Carden.  Never any response.  

I sent an email the other day asking if club existed and got back a yes they do and what do you want type response.

There are 3 members on this site very close to or on Carden trails that would all volunteer some time and not one of them gets a response.  And there is no email address to contact the club.

Hope things improve.   

I would definitely help.. I am just off the 103 trail (Concession 9) and would happily help out.  Thats my trail access point to go anywhere.

Mike

1 hour ago, MXZMike said:

I would definitely help.. I am just off the 103 trail (Concession 9) and would happily help out.  Thats my trail access point to go anywhere.

Mike

I am down on Canal Lake.  A bit of a pain at times to get to the trail.  It was nice when trails came right to the lake.

Its funny how clubs always say volunteers are in need and on this site there are 4 guys who have tried to offer some time to Carden Sno Drifters yet never have gotten any response to offers to help or been contacted or sent any work dates.

you guys should find out when their meetings are and get together and go. Unfortunately, sometimes you need to beg to be allowed to help. Get some new blood in there. I wish I lived where there was lots of snow, I enjoyed being involved and would do so again if there was snow. It's worth the effort, even if it seems pointless to go through the hoops to be involved.

• Like 2

I agree with Wildman, sounds like you want to help, just show up at a meeting or if you see trail work getting done, stop and get involved.

If there are 3-4 of you on this forum alone, that might add alot of help to the club, possibly make a huge difference. 

For instance, on the club I'm involved with, until this year there were two of us responsible for over 100 kms. We would have family help out, sometimes the 2 groups would get together for larger jobs. Sometimes a pain in the a$$ job, but with family and or friends, can be a good time as well.

Good luck, hope it works out, and thanks for wanting to be involved.

There's always room for more.

• Like 1