North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

brian is spot on

He left out going down to the airport to welcome the Covid infected passengers arriving on international flights still coming in daily. Only an idiot would allow this to happen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

as much as i am railing against the health unit on the ofsc trails, they have 0 jurisdiction over crow land

no one is stopping those who feel afraid from staying home. 

yup. it boggles my mind that people wont actually do research for themselves and get the facts that are available to us all.

That is so true today.  

5 minutes ago, snapper said:

He left out going down to the airport to welcome the Covid infected passengers arriving on international flights still coming in daily. Only an idiot would allow this to happen.

I travelled out of the country in August. Most unsafe part of the trip was when i landed in Canada. Crowds, no social distancing. It was unnerving,

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, snapper said:

There's a world outside that still needs to function regardless of Covid.  Canada can't do crap on it's own so we need to import from other countries with the USA being our main partner.  There is essential travel that must continue to maintain our supply chains.  I hope that's clear.

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There's a world outside that still needs to function regardless of Covid.  Canada can't do crap on it's own so we need to import from other countries with the USA being our main partner.  There is essential travel that must continue to maintain our supply chains.  I hope that's clear.

American citizens cannot fly into Canada, China, the epicentre of this pandemic is allowed to fly in here daily. If this continues the lockdown is a waste of time. Time to institute a buy North American program and reduce the amount of poor quality garbage imported from China.

Edited by snapper
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, snapper said:

American citizens cannot fly into Canada, China, the epicentre of this pandemic is allowed to fly in here daily. If this continues the lockdown is a waste of time. Time to institute a buy North American program and reduce the amount of poor quality garbage imported China.

we have already started that. We look at everything we buy and determine if their is a North American choice

• Like 2

I just read they have two new covid cases in North Bay-Parry Sound districts. Neither one is related to snowmobiling. One is travel related and the other was in contact with someone with covid. Both were in the 60-79 age groups.

9 minutes ago, snapper said:

American citizens cannot fly into Canada, China, the epicentre of this pandemic is allowed to fly in here daily. If this continues the lockdown is a waste of time. Time to institute a buy North American program and reduce the amount of poor quality garbage imported China.

So what happens to a Canadian manufacturer has a critical issue and they have sourced the equipment from the USA or a new project?

I can tell you right now that people are crossing the border every day as essential.   

Has the North Bay healthy unit requested the Amazon warehouse in Toronto stops shipping packages as the drivers may carry Covid?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, FROSTYNUTZ said:

So, to clarify, is the OFSC and the health units shutting down ALL THE TRAILS IN ONTARIO, or just certain districts ? 

As of today it is only Parry Sound/North Bay Health unit district.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nunz said:

As of today it is only Parry Sound/North Bay Health unit district.

So how long before simcoe-muskoka follow suit?

27 minutes ago, thetorches said:

I just read they have two new covid cases in North Bay-Parry Sound districts. Neither one is related to snowmobiling. One is travel related and the other was in contact with someone with covid. Both were in the 60-79 age groups.

Kind of makes you go, hmmmmm......

22 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Has the North Bay healthy unit requested the Amazon warehouse in Toronto stops shipping packages as the drivers may carry Covid?

people need their cheap chinese crap

8 minutes ago, zx7rr said:

next week. no need really as trails are hardly open

8 minutes ago, zx7rr said:

I am praying they do not follow suit!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

Oh, well, we'd better lock everyone in their houses then and close our regional border.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -crz- said:

Working our tails off is an understatement. This year has been a nightmare getting trails opened...which we are just getting to that point now. 

It is my understanding that the District 11 office had zero notice of the Health Unit's decision. 

Thank you, -crz-  for your countless hours of hard work. This impending shutdown is a kick in the teeth. Let's hope the trails reopen as soon as the three week period ends, if not sooner....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a pretty interesting article from a person that appears to have a great deal of knowledge, exposure and training with what we are dealing with.

Not sure if this has been posted already though. 

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/corbella-10?fbclid=IwAR2kLEwrSgRsA4Pe0S0Sk9Vg1W4wrB6aAE5quszi83HExIWjeyIUOmzvqr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So what happens to a Canadian manufacturer has a critical issue and they have sourced the equipment from the USA or a new project?

I can tell you right now that people are crossing the border every day as essential.   

Sorry, I should of specified non essential American tourists cannot fly into Canada. A customer of ours has sourced and installed a very expensive piece of U.S. manufactured equipment. Fortunately all installation was carried out by a local company. Any updated training must be done online as their in-house people that handle this were not considered essential and therefore could not enter the country.

• revrnd locked this topic