North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

It will be interesting to see the details about the Nipissing Parry Sound Health Unit's "trails" shutdown.

How will the shutdown be enforced?  (It's hard enough to catch people riding on farmers' fields in fairly populated areas.)

What penalties are planned for rule breakers?

Will snowmobiles be allowed on roads?

Lakes?

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

The only way anyone gets their $50 credit is that the entire province closes before mid Feb and doesnt re-open.    

I cant believe the amount of idiots on 705 Sleds saying that they want their money back for their permits.   The $190 is the least of my concerns right now. 

I left that page last week, too many idiots.

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lets face it guys. We knew this was all coming in the fall. You guys chirped me for being not excited about this season. I will admit i had hope. But personally, this season was long done before it even got started.  This will go down in history as potentially the worst season ever for organized sledding in Ontario.  I just hope theres the will to keep it going. As for myself,  i am debating about packing it in. We all know the covid craze is going no where anytime soon, and by the way the vaccines are rolling out, and the hold ups with that etc, i see next season no better,  if there even is one..

I sold the wife’s sled a couple weeks ago, seriously considering selling mine. Maybe get a couple atvs instead. 

Crapola....still looking to beat last years mileage....only at 10%....

Getting tired of big brother...I'm sure a very high percentage of us do our best with limiting covid transmission..

Been out two weekends and only contact with other people is paying for gas with a mask on with a face shield on and clerk has plexi glass and no touch payment. 

Need to get this Dr Jim out for a ride..

On another note is the Seguin " crown land"  i notice that the order mentions clubs that use crown land... who owns Seguin? Could we realistically keep it Open? Or am I smoking funny stuff

I have received many complaints about people travelling from other districts to use the local snowmobile trails

Wonder how much research went into this , to assess the validity of the complaints..

Can we impeach dr jim

• Like 1

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

Its not like anyone can book rooms anyways, restaurants are closed etc. So basically its just take out, and getting gas. So tell me how parking and riding for the days needs to be shut down. What a complete joke. :icon_gunhead:..

TD, I know you, the people you ride with and most of our fellow OCer's would not be a "Covid" problem anywhere you/they would be riding but I couldn't say the same about some of the 7-5 or milusha crews I read of and some others that I know. 

From what I can see, The Nipissing Parry Sound Health Unit are at a total of only 184 Covid cases to date. If I lived in that area I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the yahoo groups of sledders that don't give a dam about anyone else but their entitled selves coming from the centres of the Covid problems to ride the area. Unfortunately, they can't  pick and choose who they would let come so its either leave it wide open for everyone from the south to come with what they may bring with them or shut it down and try to keep the case count down.

I don't have nearly as many dollars invested in equipment as many of you do but I still feel disappointed thinking I may not get another ride this winter.  Who knows maybe this winter will make me appreciate future rides more than I have in the past. A very good friend of mine often says that things have a way of working themselves out. I'm not cancelling the March reservations just yet.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

Just relax....drink a jack and coke...the trails may or may not open..

No one ever died from not going snowmobiling.

If the amount of money you spend on snowmobiling stress you out, you need to make different choices.

:right_on:

I've spent/wasted a lot of money over the years on toys. Still am, my LED bulbs @ $65 came in...

10 minutes ago, Rev-man said:

I have received many complaints about people travelling from other districts to use the local snowmobile trails

Wonder how much research went into this , to assess the validity of the complaints..

To be fair, there is no law prohibiting that travel, so..........

Asymptomatic don't spread, if you have Covid, you are at home, wtf is the problem here.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

Just relax....drink a jack and coke...the trails may or may not open..

No one ever died from not going snowmobiling.

If the amount of money you spend on snowmobiling stress you out, you need to make different choices.

I may die from not riding the NCDN,  ill tell yah..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I may die from not riding the NCDN,  ill tell yah..

You need some Crown and a simulator buddy.

From the CTV article:

Outdoor physical activity, such as walking, running, playing outside and biking are important for physical and mental health and still recommended by the health unit. However, all activities outside the house need to be done with extreme caution, following the COVID-19 public health measures, and should be done close to home.

So can I drive up to NB and go cycling? (asking for a friend)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You need some Crown and a simulator buddy.

LOL

I may have some videos from 2012 up north

12 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

TD, I know you, the people you ride with and most of our fellow OCer's would not be a "Covid" problem anywhere you/they would be riding but I couldn't say the same about some of the 7-5 or milusha crews I read of and some others that I know. 

From what I can see, The Nipissing Parry Sound Health Unit are at a total of only 184 Covid cases to date. If I lived in that area I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the yahoo groups of sledders that don't give a dam about anyone else but their entitled selves coming from the centres of the Covid problems to ride the area. Unfortunately, they can't  pick and choose who they would let come so its either leave it wide open for everyone from the south to come with what they may bring with them or shut it down and try to keep the case count down.

I don't have nearly as many dollars invested in equipment as many of you do but I still feel disappointed thinking I may not get another ride this winter.  Who knows maybe this winter will make me appreciate future rides more than I have in the past. A very good friend of mine often says that things have a way of working themselves out. I'm not cancelling the March reservations just yet.

I agree with you.  Never once have i complained about the $$. Never will. I just want to ride. Period. So much time and effort goes into this sport, and now this. I had a thought.  If you can make it thru this season owning a sled,  and continue next season,  you definitely have the sledding disease.  Mrs Turbo Doo says don't list stuff for sale, I'll regret it, but its sure damn tempting to doo so. Makes me wonder,  what is Doo gonna Doo to get me in the showroom in the spring.  :ph34r:..Maybe we will see you in the NCDN in march, but im not betting on it..

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

Here we go

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/ontario/kate-pace-way-and-cranberry-trail

What's stopping me from cycling on it?

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I agree with you.  Never once have i complained about the $$. Never will. I just want to ride. Period. So much time and effort goes into this sport, and now this. I had a thought.  If you can make it thru this season owning a sled,  and continue next season,  you definitely have the sledding disease.  Mrs Turbo Doo says don't list stuff for sale, I'll regret it, but its sure damn tempting to doo so. Makes me wonder,  what is Doo gonna Doo to get me in the showroom in the spring.  :ph34r:..Maybe we will see you in the NCDN in march, but im not betting on it..

Who will be buying stuff with nowhere to go?

5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

From the CTV article:

So can I drive up to NB and go cycling? (asking for a friend)

Should be, doesn't say MUST be.

no law broken, doing nothing wrong, hence the knee jerk reaction.

• Like 1

Any stats on who's getting COVID? Are these people travelling out of the hot spots?

2 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Should be, doesn't say MUST be.

no law broken, doing nothing wrong, hence the knee jerk reaction.

I know, this penalizes the local sledders too, not just us southerners.

I'm just afraid TD is going to pull a Roy Spencer...

https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/witness-recalls-tragic-spencer-incident-1.23117782

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

Any stats on who's getting COVID? Are these people travelling out of the hot spots?

They are, but from LTC to ICU

Just now, revrnd said:

I know, this penalizes the local sledders too, not just us southerners.

It sure does, and those locals should be a lot more vocal and start pushing back.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blake G said:

It will be interesting to see the details about the Nipissing Parry Sound Health Unit's "trails" shutdown.

How will the shutdown be enforced?  (It's hard enough to catch people riding on farmers' fields in fairly populated areas.)

What penalties are planned for rule breakers?

Will snowmobiles be allowed on roads?

Lakes?

Are you thinking of testing out some of these questions Blake?. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• revrnd locked this topic