North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

4 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

I presume the OFSC has authorized those Clubs to continue maintenance type grooming and assured the District(s) that they will be reimbursed for those appropriate Grooming Hours.

I think the OFSC referred to trails being groomed for emergency access in their statement regarding the shutdown Brian.

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think the OFSC referred to trails being groomed for emergency access in their statement regarding the shutdown Brian.

Hopefully they applied for some COVID-19 emerg funds than to do that vs. permit buyers being on the hook for expenses that none of them can use....perhaps a political tool to see some more government funding.....

On 2/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

the guy was 75 years old

so he deserved to die??

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

I presume the OFSC has authorized those Clubs to continue maintenance type grooming and assured the District(s) that they will be reimbursed for those appropriate Grooming Hours.

yes

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wildbill said:

The logic is to groom them to prepare for a quick opening . We can only hope for this however it would look dumb if the health unit allowed the trails to open and they were not ready 

It was even dumber that these trails were closed to begin with. Only districts in Ontario, another example of someone put in a job they are incapable of doing. Much like the train wreck we currently have steering the Canadian ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wildbill said:

The logic is to groom them to prepare for a quick opening . We can only hope for this however it would look dumb if the health unit allowed the trails to open and they were not ready 

Should be open soon. Hopefully they last until end of March. Weather looks good for next few weeks. Good luck I hope to make it up March break. 

Just announced extended now until March 8th!!!:mad:  This makes NO SENSE!!  York can open and all regions surrounding NBPS is Opening. All this does is push people to other regions instead of staying local. 

Edited by Giddy UP
  • Sad 3

Parry Sound is done for this season:banghead:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

Trails are groomed - you can decide if it's done for you.

Ride em

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

That sucks. Enjoy your ride north. Last time I went to Timmins I parked at bon aire. They charged me 10 bucks a day to park there. But they have camera’s and lots of room and person at desk watching everything, 24 hours a day. Mikes resturant next door and trail right there east to get out. If you going to chapleau first ideal spot. I go back. Truckers all park there too for night. Lots of room no issue. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bigfish said:

so he deserved to die??

It seems some people devalue the life of a senior compared to someone younger.

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Should be open soon. Hopefully they last until end of March. Weather looks good for next few weeks. Good luck I hope to make it up March break. 

March break is cancelled and delayed until April. 

8 minutes ago, Guy JR said:

You must be one of the people that forgot that old people die.  Thats why everything is messed up right now. 

They don't need to or deserve to die prematurely... I can think of a number of much younger people I sure wouldn't miss. My father-in-law is 93 and still going strong. His life isn't any less valuable than someone 43. 

• Like 6

We drove down to Huntsville from Kearney yesterday.   In previous years we have noticed the odd random sled trail beside the highway and very rarely in the centre greenstrip area that separates north and southbound highway traffic.  Yesterday both sides of the highway had many tracks as well as pretty constant in and out of the centre area which can only be accessed by crossing Hwy 11 at the areas we noticed.   Take away groomed legal safe trails and people will find a way to sled in ways that are not safe for themselves or oncoming traffic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guy JR said:

You must be one of the people that forgot that old people die.  Thats why everything is messed up right now. 

And you must be one of the people from the spoiled, entitled generation that was given too much too readily by my generation. You're welcome.

Edited by tricky
  • Like 4

On 2/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, snapper said:

Why are these trails still being maintained? They are not going to open this season. The OFSC would like to thank all sledders who purchased permits to ride districts 10&11 and got shafted. As for businesses that have suffered insurmountable losses due to trail closures look no further than the poster boy for stupidity. Cheerios 

I saw a groomer running last week in the area just north of NB. What a waste of permit money. Grooming for the cops to ride private trails. This has to STOP NOW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

It seems some people devalue the life of a senior compared to someone younger.

March break is cancelled and delayed until April. 

They don't need to or deserve to die prematurely... I can think of a number of much younger people I sure wouldn't miss. My father-in-law is 93 and still going strong. His life isn't any less valuable than someone 43. 

I agree with what you say. However those in LTC homes are not living, they are merely being kept alive for profit. I would not let my dog live in those conditions, or when in such poor health they do not even know where or whom they are. The truth is, those that died in these homes are lucky they do not have to spend another minute of suffering with no hope of things getting better.

Death is a funny thing, people handle and deal with very differently.

I am fine with dying, or if people I know do, but of course I do not want too or other too die either, but it is inherently part of life.

And just because the age of the person that passed away was reference, does not mean it did not matter, just putting it into context given what is going on, this virus attacks the people that are older, especially with other issues......at least that is what I think the point of Usedtoskidoo was getting at.

2 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

Just announced extended now until March 8th!!!:mad:  This makes NO SENSE!!  York can open and all regions surrounding NBPS is Opening. All this does is push people to other regions instead of staying local. 

Dr Cheerios has no skin in the game so as far as he's concerned it's a very easy decision to close the trails.

He's not a sledder and doubtful he knows anyone that snowmobiles. His business doesn't depend on snowmobilers either. He has no concept of the great lengths that we will go to ride. How many XC skiers will haul from the GTA to New Liskeard, Timmins or Cochrane for a week of skiing? 

If it wasn't for sledding I have no idea what I would do. I've never had any interest in spending a week down south & the idea of going to Whistler, Blue Mountain or Mont Tremblay is the same.

As I said to irREVerent, Dr Cheerios will say he did a wonderful job when in reality you can't prove a negative. Have COVID cases gone up in any regions where the trails are opens?

It's maddening to think about when you're not in that area. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lived there & was a sledder.

EDIT: The media is referring to NBPS as a hotspot. How do the cases compare to other regions. How does it compare population & case wise to Sudbury?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

Dr Cheerios has no skin in the game so as far as he's concerned it's a very easy decision to close the trails.

He's not a sledder and doubtful he knows anyone that snowmobiles. His business doesn't depend on snowmobilers either. He has no concept of the great lengths that we will go to ride. How many XC skiers will haul from the GTA to New Liskeard, Timmins or Cochrane for a week of skiing? 

If it wasn't for sledding I have no idea what I would do. I've never had any interest in spending a week down south & the idea of going to Whistler, Blue Mountain or Mont Tremblay is the same.

As I said to irREVerent, Dr Cheerios eill say he did a wonderful job when in reality you can't prove a negative. Have COVID cases gone up in any regions where the trails are opens?

It's maddening to think about when you're not in that area. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lived there & was a sledder.

NB/PS cases went up WITH the lockdown, seems his logic works well.

As a resident, I imagine I would be pissed or getting creative.

As a person that needs to trailer anyways to ride, a person that lives there could do the same......but that is just promoting more of what the Ontario government is trying to limit.

Just more true government screw ups in the world we live in.......that we all let happen.

1 minute ago, soupkids said:

NB/PS cases went up WITH the lockdown, seems his logic works well.

:banghead:

• revrnd locked this topic