North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

I was talking  to a landowner yesterday who happens to have an OFSC trail running through his property located in Dr. Cheerios closed down area. Explained to me how he encountered 4 cross country skiers on his property and how they were frantically waving their ski poles as he approached on his sled. Thinking they may have needed assistance he slowly approached and shutdown his machine . He was immediately barraged with a bunch of 4 letter profanity laced threats telling him f’ing sleds are not allowed on the trail. He responded with, perhaps you didn’t see the no trespassing signs posted on the property. I own this property, so  get off it now. Being an avid sledder is the only reason he allows the trail on his land. That being said he is getting annoyed at sledders riding off trail. Could be another lost trail in the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, snapper said:

I was talking  to a landowner yesterday who happens to have an OFSC trail running through his property located in Dr. Cheerios closed down area. Explained to me how he encountered 4 cross country skiers on his property and how they were frantically waving their ski poles as he approached on his sled. Thinking they may have needed assistance he slowly approached and shutdown his machine . He was immediately barraged with a bunch of 4 letter profanity laced threats telling him f’ing sleds are not allowed on the trail. He responded with, perhaps you didn’t see the no trespassing signs posted on the property. I own this property, so  get off it now. Being an avid sledder is the only reason he allows the trail on his land. That being said he is getting annoyed at sledders riding off trail. Could be another lost trail in the future.

Sad. But i applaud his efforts.  A big thanks and a hats off to all our landowners,  without them, pretty hard to trail ride..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snapper said:

He should have called the cops and had then charged with trespassing. That would have shut them up, and maybe got the word out to that crowd. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Zertrider said:

He should have called the cops and had then charged with trespassing. That would have shut them up, and maybe got the word out to that crowd. 

Not worth the aggravation as he would likely have to go to court if the police did in fact follow through and the fine for trespass is $85.00 which will not sway people to stop doing it. 2012 with fine amounts from the 70's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

So when we go to Cochrane next week, what is the deal with dining establishments there? Is it reduced capacity, take out only etc??

We are sticking to take out only. Currently restaurants are closed until Tuesday anyways, but even if the NCDN restaurants open up, we are going to be mindful of being up there and stick with takeout, delivery to our rooms. JRs and 49th Parallel( the old ice hut), will deliver..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 3

I'm wondering if crossing the lines would be the same as riding without a permit? 

When a sledder knows they are doing something unlawful but still continues to go ahead because they think they are privileged then i call bullshit

38 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

I'm wondering if crossing the lines would be the same as riding without a permit? 

When a sledder knows they are doing something unlawful but still continues to go ahead because they think they are privileged then i call bullshit

When laws are stupid they should be broken.

• Like 3

Just now, zoso said:

When laws are stupid they should be broken.

who gets to decide what laws are stupid, different levels of stupid in the world

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ToSlow said:

maybe in your world

We as individuals are the only ones that can decide. I say crossing  into a health district on my sled is no different than if I do so with my truck and trailer and ride their. The idea is stupid. Then again most every thing that has been forced on during this scamdemic is stupid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

Crossing health unit lines (with the exception of cheerios area) is not a provincially enforceable law. It is a recommendation put forth by the OFSC. There is no enforcement or special fines to be had for crossing all but one boundary. The OFSC is getting clubs to show the trails crossing the boundaries closed but that is really the extent of it. You could be charged with trespassing for riding a closed trail but the chance of that is less than the 100's of sleds riding without permits here in the south this season getting caught and charged.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Thanks 1

It's almost like a double standard. Getting caught riding in an no go area if the rules and laws was pushed could  be a trespassing charge?

Edited by ToSlow

14 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

It's almost like a double standard. Getting caught riding in an no go area if the rules and laws was pushed could  be a trespassing charge?

No! Getting caught riding on a closed trail leading to another health unit area (or any closed trail for that matter) MIGHT net you a trespassing charge if caught by police. 

Is it really any wonder these rules dont make any sense? What did we think was going to happen when we gleefully abandoned the rule of law 11 months ago and let politicians make rules behind closed doors with a blank cheque to keep us safe? Good grief.  Did we really think that it was gonna be fair? Common law=common sense!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zoso said:

I decide.

1 hour ago, ToSlow said:

maybe in your world

1 hour ago, zoso said:

We as individuals are the only ones that can decide. I say crossing  into a health district on my sled is no different than if I do so with my truck and trailer and ride their. The idea is stupid. Then again most every thing that has been forced on during this scamdemic is stupid.

2 hours ago, ToSlow said:

We are all big boys and girls and need to make your own bed, sleep in it, and than accept the consequences......while respecting the situation, for those that cannot, that is truly what the enforcement should be used for.

Not about being privileged, it is about principle....just depends where your principles are now a days based on what you see going on around you.

The entire premise on the "Red" trails between health units was simply a political one that the OFSC had to do given the situation.....it is not about a private land that is closed for use due to reason x, y, z....., which would put this in a completely different light.

Those looking for others to help make up your mind, really need to figure out for themselves what is important for them & their family, and what risk they are willing to take.

As far as I am concerned, the reason we are in such a mess is too much listening to the government & allowing the government to do what they have done given that they have handled this entire situation so poorly.....prime example is the Dr that has closed the PS/NB region with little to no valid reason or proof and then to see the province actually put this same region in the same category as Toronto, Peel and York region....talk about nuts :crazy_grn:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• revrnd locked this topic