North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

7 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Sad, absolutely sad. 

It is!  Guess it's just time to ride.......I argue  it is for my mental health.  :wtf:

• Like 3

Friday News from BayToday.ca

North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit is listed as one of Ontario's four high-risk regions and thus will continue to be kept in the shutdown and stay-at-home measures until at least Feb. 22. 

North Bay-Parry Sound joins Peel, Toronto and York regions. 

Somehow the numbers certainly do not justify that.  Obviously the NBPS Medical Officer of Health thinks otherwise.

Edited by bbakernbay
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

I told you what we are doing already..:poke2::icon_steer:

Unbelievable. Our numbers don`t even begin to justify this. What does DR Cheerios have on the the Chief MOH. Did they go to medical school  together or work together? Northbay has  all there active cases in 1!! apartment building. Parry Sound is up from 3to 4. The fact that we are the only ones out side of the GTA not to released from lockdown is almost criminal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Unbelievable. Our numbers don`t even begin to justify this. What does DR Cheerios have on the the Chief MOH. Did they go to medical school  together or work together? Northbay has  all there active cases in 1!! apartment building. Parry Sound is up from 3to 4. The fact that we are the only ones out side of the GTA not to released from lockdown is almost criminal.

Dr. Cheerios is an anesthesiologist which basically means his expertise revolves around putting people to sleep. Unfortunately for him some of the medications he used when practicing drifted towards something residing between his left and right ears. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snapper said:

Dr. Cheerios is an anesthesiologist which basically means his expertise revolves around putting people to sleep. Unfortunately for him some of the medications he used when practicing drifted towards something residing between his left and right ears. 

More likely a " one for you, one form me " thing

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Sad, absolutely sad. 

Yes, because the case counts have been running so high in that area...

I wonder if Dr. Cheerios knows how his ridiculous decision is affecting the mental health of sledders? But like @zoso said the Wallymart parking lot was full. Something doesn't compute if you ask me.

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

May as well call it quits for that area at this rate. What a absolute shame.  

He won't reopen it until the trails turn to mud...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gtserider said:

Pictures of someone w/ a farm animal?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, snapper said:

That qualifies him to be head of the health unit? Jeezus.

14 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Yes, because the case counts have been running so high in that area...

I wonder if Dr. Cheerios knows how his ridiculous decision is affecting the mental health of sledders? But like @zoso said the Wallymart parking lot was full. Something doesn't compute if you ask me.

Oh it computes. Keep the big money happy, and yet again,  like always, hammer the little guy. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:42 PM, revrnd said:

I didn't catch the story (just the teaser at the start of the news) but I guess hizzoner is still pushing his 'northern bubble'. One question, would that mean northerners wouldn't be able to go south for medical appointments? (asking for a friend)

medical has always had green light, from the get go,,

2 hours ago, gtserider said:

I'm surprised no other MOHs have gone against facts to keep numbers down? What have the numbers in Renfrew been like? 

Even Kingston has gone green! Something definitely wrong w/ this picture. 

His reasoning likely is that because of his directives the numbers are low. W/o them he will say they would've rivalled Toronto's. I'm no expert but isn't there a theory that says you can't prove a negative? I think it fits in this situation.

When all is said & done, there should be something for the permit buyers that reside in this area. Following the letter of the law these people can't go anywhere & the trails are closed. This situation just gets worse by the day. I'll just leave it @ that.

The Ontario Minister of Health is returning most of Ontario to the colour coded system we had previously this coming Monday.  Unfortunately because of the rapidly spreading variant in the North Bay Health area, which I believe is the Brazil strain, we are now being treated and controlled in the same health group as Toronto, Peel and York.  Still severe lockdown til the 22nd and then they will look at all these 4 areas then.   They have mentioned that this is in an apt in Nippissing and has spread rapidly in the past week.  Ford mentioned in one of his news conferences this week that this is of particular concern and they are watching this area carefully.  We have gone from just a few each week of the first covid strain to weeks without any new cases to I believe 28 new cases in just a few days.  Fortunately every senior in LTC in our whole health district has now been vaccinated so perhaps we will not see deaths in the nursing homes up here.

7 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

It is!  Guess it's just time to ride.......I argue  it is for my mental health.  :wtf:

It is for your mental health.  We all kid about it but it is so true.  Some of us don't have other outlets to destress and take care of ourselves.  Make sure to take care of yourself and enjoy a ride.  It clears the mind and helps you face another week.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

The Ontario Minister of Health is returning most of Ontario to the colour coded system we had previously this coming Monday.  Unfortunately because of the rapidly spreading variant in the North Bay Health area, which I believe is the Brazil strain, we are now being treated and controlled in the same health group as Toronto, Peel and York.  Still severe lockdown til the 22nd and then they will look at all these 4 areas then.   They have mentioned that this is in an apt in Nippissing and has spread rapidly in the past week.  Ford mentioned in one of his news conferences this week that this is of particular concern and they are watching this area carefully.  We have gone from just a few each week of the first covid strain to weeks without any new cases to I believe 28 new cases in just a few days.  Fortunately every senior in LTC in our whole health district has now been vaccinated so perhaps we will not see deaths in the nursing homes up here.

I believe it is 21 cases,All in 1. apartment building. Drop them off some pizza and toilet paper,and lock them down. Not the whole region.Mean while the members of the X country ski club are having a very gay old time.Please don't support the Dr that has very little qualifications for the job.Google him,go to medical sites.not much there.Take Dr Bonni Henery for example,somebody that helped so much with SARS in Toronto and area and read the pages long resume on public health qualifications. Dr  Cheerios  has a agenda that needs to be stopped.Oh and there is no provincial record of the brazilian strain in NB.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good parking spot as far south on the C as possible?   i am having to trailer from Parry Sound...what a joke...  Ramsomair are you in for a weekday ride?   Anyone else from the forum wanting to meet up for a ride?

image.thumb.png.a424e1c284fb27cd0b123d236d7595f7.png

9 hours ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

It is for your mental health.  We all kid about it but it is so true.  Some of us don't have other outlets to destress and take care of ourselves.  Make sure to take care of yourself and enjoy a ride.  It clears the mind and helps you face another week.

Giddy Up!  I plan to! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gtserider said:

I believe it is 21 cases,All in 1. apartment building. Drop them off some pizza and toilet paper,and lock them down. Not the whole region.Mean while the members of the X country ski club are having a very gay old time.Please don't support the Dr that has very little qualifications for the job.Google him,go to medical sites.not much there.Take Dr Bonni Henery for example,somebody that helped so much with SARS in Toronto and area and read the pages long resume on public health qualifications. Dr  Cheerios  has a agenda that needs to be stopped.Oh and there is no provincial record of the brazilian strain in NB.

You are absolutely right there, we dont agree with this lockdown either over one apt building almost an hour north of the Kearney area.  Sledding is so important.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, zoso said:

Just ran through kap. we saw quite a few sleds, and trucks and trailers at motels. If you got the time, just come up here, the trails look minty from the road.

I hope you stayed off TOP A east of the Beer Store. :poke2:

• Haha 1

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-investigating-online-threats-against-niagara-s-medical-officer-of-health-1.5308333

Never saw that coming. I didn't think Canadians were capable of behavior like this (sarcasm off).

• revrnd locked this topic