North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

I can't tell people what to do, but if I were a resident and/or had any desire to ride the area, I would be riding regardless and take the ticket, not pay it, and put it into court.

Enjoy the season, the order is an over-reach and is not/can not be supported by any scientific medical data.

Take back your rights folks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

A new letter has now been sent to Hon. Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development.  NO REPLIES have been received from any of our previous correspondence unfortunately.  This letter was also sent to Premier Doug Ford, North Bay Nipissing News, CTV & Global as well.  :phonecall::headbang:

Vic Fedeli ltr.docx 17.16 kB · 1 download

The North Bay - Parry Sound Medical Officer of Health had a brief "News" Conference earlier this week which required pre-submitted questions and from which he apparently chose which of those to answer.

In Southern Ontario and here in Region of Waterloo and also Guelph MOH  the local MOH's are on the news almost daily answering reporter's questions at great length. This is same scenario I watch on CP24 with Toronto, Brampton and GTA MOH answering reporters questions.  Same for Ontario MOH and also Federal MOH as well as Premier Ford and PM Trudeau.  I am not saying they answer every question thoroughly but the questions are made public and at least they answer as they choose.

I am advised that no one in North Bay (MOH, Mayor or MPP) are responding to any representations in this regard.

Some theorize that this Order originated shortly after the trails in the area were opened and many snowmobilers visited the Town of Mattawa for fuel, food, lodgings, etc. and the Mattawa Mayor went very public condemning the actions that placed his residents at increased risk.  Whether this was a turning point only the MOH knows.

According to the North Bay Nordic Ski Club President Dr. Chirico the District MOH is NOT a member at the Nordic Ski Club which wasn't included in the Order but did modify their rules to allow Members Only on Saturday & Sunday and to post security guards in their parking lot on weekends to keep people separated. Personally, I see nothing wrong keeping an outdoor cross country ski trail open during the pandemic.

I feel terrible for my former club (NBSC) as well as the other clubs that fall within the boundaries of the North Bay - Parry Sound District Health Unit, the only one in all of Ontario issuing this Order. NBSC is getting unfairly blasted on their FB page by many who are understandably frustrated by the situation and some even asserting that the Club is the guilty party. 

Yes, the tourism and hospitality businesses are getting unduly slammed as you can imagine.  These few months of snowmobile tourism revenue will be forever lost and the ill will and stress created is staggering.

Whether the MOH relents on February 16th is questionable. Lifting the Order now really cannot be justified as nothing has really changed from this week to next week, particularly considering the recent extensive outbreak with a variant mutation reported at a large North Bay apartment complex.

Edited by bbakernbay
  • Like 1

@bbakernbay Were any of those residents @ that apartment complex snowmobilers? Is the complex accessible by sled? (asking for a friend).

By all indications this guy is a real piece of work. Even on CHEX the local MOHs are on TV regularly. Mind you they don't have any reason to hide as I don't think any of them (we see 3 Dr's on TV) have enacted anything remotely approaching the stupidity of Dr Cheerios.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

The North Bay - Parry Sound Medical Officer of Health had a brief "News" Conference earlier this week which required pre-submitted questions and from which he apparently chose which of those to answer.

In Southern Ontario and here in Region of Waterloo and also Guelph MOH  the local MOH's are on the news almost daily answering reporter's questions at great length. This is same scenario I watch on CP24 with Toronto, Brampton and GTA MOH answering reporters questions.  Same for Ontario MOH and also Federal MOH as well as Premier Ford and PM Trudeau.  I am not saying they answer every question thoroughly but the questions are made public and at least they answer as they choose.

I am advised that no one in North Bay (MOH, Mayor or MPP) are responding to any representations in this regard.

Some theorize that this Order originated shortly after the trails in the area were opened and many snowmobilers visited the Town of Mattawa for fuel, food, lodgings, etc. and the Mattawa Mayor went very public condemning the actions that placed his residents at increased risk.  Whether this was a turning point only the MOH knows.

According to other FB posts, he is a member at the Nordic Ski Club which wasn't included in the Order but did modify their rules to allow Members Only on Saturday & Sunday and to post security guards in their parking lot on weekends to keep people separated. Personally, I see nothing wrong keeping an outdoor cross country ski trail open during the pandemic.

I feel terrible for my former club (NBSC) as well as the other clubs that fall within the boundaries of the North Bay - Parry Sound District Health Unit, the only one in all of Ontario issuing this Order. NBSC is getting unfairly blasted on their FB page by many who are understandably frustrated by the situation and some even asserting that the Club is the guilty party. 

Yes, the tourism and hospitality businesses are getting unduly slammed as you can imagine.  These few months of snowmobile tourism revenue will be forever lost and the ill will and stress created is staggering.

Whether the MOH relents on February 16th is questionable. Lifting the Order now really cannot be justified as nothing has really changed from this week to next week, particularly considering the recent extensive outbreak with a variant mutation reported at a large North Bay apartment complex.

, I see nothing wrong keeping an outdoor cross country ski trail open during the pandemic?  Especially if it benefits an overpaid entitled nitwit. Seeing as the season is coming to a close I am wandering where area sledders who have been ripped off apply for permit reimbursement. Seems the OFSC has been next to useless in solving this problem.

Just go ride seen many sleds go by, ticket will be useless not to mention back log in courts. It would be great

to see a convoy of hundreds of sleds backed up on Seguin trail watching OPP trying to give out tickets. They will miss their coffee break lunch break and dinner break.

You will not be able to stop anywhere anyhow.

OFSC is completely useless try sending email, see what reply you get back, give it a try.

Like I said before shut down all or shut down none go ride, enjoy yourself and stay safe.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, snapper said:

, I see nothing wrong keeping an outdoor cross country ski trail open during the pandemic?  Especially if it benefits an overpaid entitled nitwit. Seeing as the season is coming to a close I am wandering where area sledders who have been ripped off apply for permit reimbursement. Seems the OFSC has been next to useless in solving this problem.

I purchased 2 permits and also volunteered hundreds of hours since last summer/fall towards a season that never happened for my club....Guess which one I feel more 'ripped off' about? $200 permit is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

According to other FB posts, he is a member at the Nordic Ski Club which wasn't included in the Order but did modify their rules to allow Members Only on Saturday & Sunday and to post security guards in their parking lot on weekends to keep people separated. Personally, I see nothing wrong keeping an outdoor cross country ski trail open during the pandemic.

Read this about the Mattawa Business..Good read..

Screenshot_20210211-142751_Samsung Internet.jpg

20210211_142823.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Time to end his horsecrap.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 10:21 AM, oldslowsledder said:

Ran into an OPP and Conservation Officer at the Pointe Au Baril Shell north of Parry Sound Thursday, both on sleds.

Said they were out checking for sledders and fisherman. They appear to be the only one's riding table top groomed trails LOL

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

A new letter has now been sent to Hon. Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development.  NO REPLIES have been received from any of our previous correspondence unfortunately.  This letter was also sent to Premier Doug Ford, North Bay Nipissing News, CTV & Global as well.  :phonecall::headbang:

Vic Fedeli ltr.docx 17.16 kB · 9 downloads

It looks like that letter could have been sent to Minister of Sport and Tourism.  Mt Packenham ski resort got an exemption to open from them.The MOH for Leeds et all didn`t even know about it. They are in a grey lockdown area.

Passed by  Timmies at the Seguin Wednesday, funny not to see a parking lot full of trailers, looks like most people are abiding by the regulations, unfair or not

20 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Passed by  Timmies at the Seguin Wednesday, funny not to see a parking lot full of trailers, looks like most people are abiding by the regulations, unfair or not

Pretty easy pickings for anybody enforcing unfair lockdowns. Tends to keep people away.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5911765

theres a lot to digest in this article from the canadian press.

Infection control teams told to stand down in early days of pandemic.

Ontario Health created day before first covid patient.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gtserider said:

It looks like that letter could have been sent to Minister of Sport and Tourism.  Mt Packenham ski resort got an exemption to open from them.The MOH for Leeds et all didn`t even know about it. They are in a grey lockdown area.

hmmmm.....good idea!  Thanks for that!  I will get him to send to them as well!  :right_on:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gtserider said:

Update - I was just informed that there already HAS BEEN a letter sent to Lisa MacLeod who is the Minister responsible for this on January 30th.....no reply!  :mad:

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Get in your trucks,  and trailer to open trails. Plenty of other places to ride.

How many feel like this is going to end next week?. 

Not likely with the case counts the area has.

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Get in your trucks,  and trailer to open trails. Plenty of other places to ride.

How many feel like this is going to end next week?. 

What info have you read that it might end next week?

Big Feb thaw perhaps coming....:coffeenose:

Edit: I read your post as sledding in general ending....but I think you meant the NB/PS shut down ending....which would be great, but I think it will end when the local people just say screw it and ride or the season ends.

Edited by stoney

Just announced:

The stay-at-home order will stay in effect in Toronto, Peel Region, York Region and North Bay Parry Sound District until at least Feb. 22.

:-x

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

24 minutes ago, stoney said:

What info have you read that it might end next week?

Big Feb thaw perhaps coming....:coffeenose:

Edit: I read your post as sledding in general ending....but I think you meant the NB/PS shut down ending....which would be great, but I think it will end when the local people just say screw it and ride or the season ends.

I was meaning the trail shutdown for NB AND PS

• revrnd locked this topic