North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Polio was eradicated

Yes but now with the Trudeau invited implants without health or skills testing, we now have it back again. Same as England with Rabies. The bleeding hearts convinced them to relax the laws and testing procedures and now they have Rabies back. Same with Polio in Canada.

I nominate Dr. Cheerios for Tool of the Year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gtserider said:

i go out every day.Perks of trail maintenance.Most clubs in D10&11 are grooming with the blessing of the OPP.

So, you as a volunteer for the NB or PS area club are out every day doing "trail maintenance".

Than all the local clubs and the people of this area need to do is join the club, become a member and you are all now "checking the trails", "checking signage", "packing the trails", etc....

If no one has not already thought or are already doing this, need to get on it!

25 minutes ago, stoney said:

So, you as a volunteer for the NB or PS area club are out every day doing "trail maintenance".

Than all the local clubs and the people of this area need to do is join the club, become a member and you are all now "checking the trails", "checking signage", "packing the trails", etc....

If no one has not already thought or are already doing this, need to get on it!

Yep thats what clubs need. Volunteers who only want to ride. That said, it is a good idea to join a club. club.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yep thats what clubs need. Volunteers who only want to ride. That said, it is a good idea to join a club. club.

Honestly, I think given the situation, If that is what it would take for locals to ride trails in their backyard, I think it’s a good idea or work around. 
I’m sure they could also do some trail work at the same time...win win for all really....or at least stick it to that peebrain doctor. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I nominate Dr. Cheerios for Tool of the Year.

why are you picking on tools.  tools are useful:wavey:

• Like 1

Just now, theedge said:

why are you picking on tools.  tools are useful:wavey:

I'm just expanding on Derringer's Tool of the Day...

• Haha 1

Interesting how he says “outdoor recreation”, however his cross country skiing isn’t included?  Hmmmmm....I call BS Doctor! I am sure all his cross country skiing buddies are enjoying the groomed OFSC trails!  If you are closing “Outdoor Recreation” then this too should be included you entitled  Asshat! :wtf::soapbox:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

Interesting how he says “outdoor recreation”, however his cross country skiing isn’t included?  Hmmmmm....I call BS Doctor! I am sure all his cross country skiing buddies are enjoying the groomed OFSC trails!  If you are closing “Outdoor Recreation” then this too should be included you entitled  Asshat! :wtf::soapbox:

X2 Giddy up.. 

• Like 1

I just sent an email to the editor at the North Bay newspaper that ran our letter last week. Anybody wanting to ask the same or write their own letters or emails can contact him at bcooper@metrolandnorthmedia.com

Good morning Brent

It would appear that Dr. Chirico is extending the lockdown for “Outdoor Recreation”, again without facts to back this it up.  

The question is....Why is cross country skiing an allowed activity well all others are not?   Is it because he, or a friend or Family member are active members of a Cross Country Ski Club perhaps?

I would like an answer to his reasoning behind this decision and I am sure your readers would too!

Regards
Leanne Ziraldo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have read that this is the cross country ski club that he belongs to.  However, even if that is a rumour, why are they allowed to remain open?  Letters and phone calls should be made at the very least!  North Bay Nordic Ski Club, 630 Northshore Rd, North Bay, ON. 705-495-0332. Website northbaynordic.ca

Edited by Giddy UP
Typo
  • Like 1

K...so this is interesting!  Just called the Nordic Ski Club and asked about their COVID precautions.  First, the Clubhouse is closed, however the WASHROOMS are not! Hmmmmm...ok?? Is someone there wiping down the toilets etc every single use?   I asked about sanitization of rental equipment ....boots are sanitized but the skis are not.  Hmmmm....don’t people handle the skis?  

What a friggin hypocrite this dude is!  I am getting madder by the second!  

• Like 3

Good for you digging into this!

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Good on you for digging into this!

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

More  information you can either use or ignore....lol :coffeenose:

I just called the North Bay Health Unit.  Spoke to a person that answered phone and asked why Nordic Ski Club allowed to be open?  She transferred me to COVID call line.  That lady didn't have an answer - however - I spoke with her for quite some time.  The bottom line is.....apparently they take ALL complaints and put them on a "spreadsheet" which is where my complaint apparently is going.  This "spreadsheet" is reviewed on a regular basis.  So....I asked how many complaints are on the "spreadsheet" related to the snowmobile trails? - which she would not disclose (my bet is not as many as there are complaining they aren't open.....but I digress),  so....if enough people actually call in to complain that the Nordic Ski Club should be considered part of "Outdoor Recreation" and not allowed - then that complaint will be registered on the "spreadsheet"!  I am thinking it highly coincidental that "allegedly" said Health Director is a member of the Nordic Ski Club...and that club is a Membership Club.  I called the Nordic Ski Club again to confirm this.  Apparently the club is open to the public...BUT....MEMBERS ONLY during the lockdown!  Wow...must be nice to have only members using these groomed trails using Crown Land!  Wow!  The Hypocrisy is getting better'er and better'er!  

I urge everyone to take a few minutes today or tomorrow to flood the Spreadsheet!  If we can't sled...why should they be allowed to ski!???  Huffing and Puffing down those trails - "moistly" talking and gathering on the trails without the benefit of full PPE.

North Bay Health Unit - 705-474-1400 or 1-800-563-2808  Dial 0 to speak to main switchboard - and ask for COVID Call Center.  Let's make our own  "spreadsheet"  with OC members complaining.  :soapbox:

• Like 2

Great Work Mrs. GIDDY UP.  One more week, and they better open those trails. Just sickening the damage thats being done. And to learn hes a member of the ski club. Kinda reminds you of all the government officials vacationing, while preaching eveyone stay home. Funny how this all comes to light.  I feel for you guys and gals in the areas affected by the closure.  Nuts, absolutely nuts..

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

More  information you can either use or ignore....lol :coffeenose:

I just called the North Bay Health Unit.  Spoke to a person that answered phone and asked why Nordic Ski Club allowed to be open?  She transferred me to COVID call line.  That lady didn't have an answer - however - I spoke with her for quite some time.  The bottom line is.....apparently they take ALL complaints and put them on a "spreadsheet" which is where my complaint apparently is going.  This "spreadsheet" is reviewed on a regular basis.  So....I asked how many complaints are on the "spreadsheet" related to the snowmobile trails? - which she would not disclose (my bet is not as many as there are complaining they aren't open.....but I digress),  so....if enough people actually call in to complain that the Nordic Ski Club should be considered part of "Outdoor Recreation" and not allowed - then that complaint will be registered on the "spreadsheet"!  I am thinking it highly coincidental that "allegedly" said Health Director is a member of the Nordic Ski Club...and that club is a Membership Club.  I called the Nordic Ski Club again to confirm this.  Apparently the club is open to the public...BUT....MEMBERS ONLY during the lockdown!  Wow...must be nice to have only members using these groomed trails using Crown Land!  Wow!  The Hypocrisy is getting better'er and better'er!  

I urge everyone to take a few minutes today or tomorrow to flood the Spreadsheet!  If we can't sled...why should they be allowed to ski!???  Huffing and Puffing down those trails - "moistly" talking and gathering on the trails without the benefit of full PPE.

North Bay Health Unit - 705-474-1400 or 1-800-563-2808  Dial 0 to speak to main switchboard - and ask for COVID Call Center.  Let's make our own  "spreadsheet"  with OC members complaining.  :soapbox:

I would be calling this lawyer asap.

He managed to win and get the gym open.

Show the hyprocsy.

Also, as a trail permit purchaser - you are part of a "CLUB" - a private club - frig this guy and ride your trails.

See him in court.

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-news/kitchener-gym-launches-a-charter-challenge-against-ontarios-stay-at-home-order-3285247

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I would be calling this lawyer asap.

He managed to win and get the gym open.

Show the hyprocsy.

Also, as a trail permit purchaser - you are part of a "CLUB" - a private club - frig this guy and ride your trails.

See him in court.

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-news/kitchener-gym-launches-a-charter-challenge-against-ontarios-stay-at-home-order-3285247

I think OFSC should launch a class action law suit!  

• revrnd locked this topic