North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

On 2/5/2021 at 7:46 PM, WinderFab said:

We have a cottage right on the Seguin just east of Orrville where the Seguin and C101 meet.. That’s how I got into sledding and this has been a downer for sure.

Now they are saying if the squalls stay stationary over certain areas can get 40+cm.. 

Lower Frys lake? 

Anyone got the inside scoop on Chirico's intentions moving forward?  If Dougy lifts the stay at home order in the North bay Parrysound district, is Chirico going to make good on his promise of opening up the OFSC trails when the stay at home order gets lifted?

Seeing the conditions around the province I dont think sledders will feel the need drive from far & wide to districts 10 & 11.

39 minutes ago, kicker said:

Anyone got the inside scoop on Chirico's intentions moving forward?  If Dougy lifts the stay at home order in the North bay Parrysound district, is Chirico going to make good on his promise of opening up the OFSC trails when the stay at home order gets lifted?

I'm thinking he will keep the area locked down

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Seeing the conditions around the province I dont think sledders will feel the need drive from far & wide to districts 10 & 11.

I might, but the whole stay in your health unit would have to be listed also.

Conditions here in my area of D1 are the worst in many, many years. Railbeds are worn through, not enough snow in the bush, not enough in the ditches to groom between trail entrances, any field that is plowed is bad. Sad.

We've had seasons end early, but never take this long to get going.

Things are posted yellow, I asked if there is an orange option, LoL. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Seeing the conditions in districts 10 & 11 are A1 and I live here and can’t ride it is absolute BS!!!!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Seeing the conditions in districts 10 & 11 are A1 and I live here and can’t ride it is absolute BS!!!!

Since the season is half over and residents in district 10&11can only experience sledding by reading the posts of sledders that live in districts not controlled by an idiot it is beyond frustrating. If Chiroco extends the lockdown on sledders then the province should reimburse trail permit costs to all sledders who cannot use something they paid for. 

Just now, snapper said:

Since the season is half over and residents in district 10&11can only experience sledding by reading the posts of sledders that live in districts not controlled by an idiot it is beyond frustrating. If Chiroco extends the lockdown on sledders then the province should reimburse trail permit costs to all sledders who cannot use something they paid for. 

If he keeps them shut longer, its definitely a sad state of affairs. Maybe him, the mayor of sudbury and Angus from Timmins hang out alot..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I agree w/ you 100%. I dont think the idgit has to worry about swarms of sledders up there now. It's too bad someone can arbitrarily make this decision which flies in the face of what was done across the province.

Is the doctor a local or a transplant from the south? A lot of comments about him being a cross country skier. Those trails still open seems to be problematic. 

'It doesn't affect me personally, so why should I care?' Really sad.

The fact that the health unit director in Simcoe Muskoka immediately said that they wouldn't be closing trails was telling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Try grooming the mint trails that you aren't allowed to ride....I had 2 sleds pass me on D trail near North Bay on Saturday night. I felt like laid on the horn but couldn't get my cell phone out fast enough.....frustrating is an understatement. I have no idea what Dr. Cheerios will do this week. Time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -crz- said:

Try grooming the mint trails that you aren't allowed to ride....I had 2 sleds pass me on D trail near North Bay on Saturday night. I felt like laid on the horn but couldn't get my cell phone out fast enough.....frustrating is an understatement. I have no idea what Dr. Cheerios will do this week. Time will tell I guess.

Dr Cheerios! Love it.

I'm sure the XC skiers are all abiding by the rules too.

His opinion reminds me of a first term councilor in Ptbo. How she got elected I have no idea. When questioned about some anti-car idea she was pushing, her reply was "Well I dont drive..."

The mindset of some of the azzhats on council over the years could be summed up like this. People from the outlying areas would drive to the city limits & park.  Then be on their own to get around the city. Heaven forbid anyone want to drive thru their culturally diverse & inclusive down town.

• Like 1

There are posts on FB by NB area sledders applauding this turd, and enjoying "their" trails. 

Comments such as STFA Toronto A-holes, etc. etc.

I'm guessing there's more traffic on those trails than we might think.

Reached out to our Ward 1 councilor (Seguin Township) yesterday. Have a conference call set up with him today.

Sent below email 

Hope all is well and you and your family are staying safe.

Tough and unpredictable times we are in. I was wondering what are your thoughts with trails being closed in our area. I am sure you have been asked this question several hundred times. I know on my side we have not spent a single dime in Parry Sound since last March. We purchase all our provisions in the city and will continue to do so.

We are sledder's been sledding in Parry Sound area since mid 80’s, we do not trailer to other areas. We basically ride out from our 2nd home. I believe there was not enough thought or research done, and to allow one person to make this decision. Was counsel and Mayor involved in making this decision? What are you and the rest of town council including our Mayor doing to protect all the businesses that will suffer because of this one man ‘s decision. It does not make any sense to me that all other districts are open and ours is closed. This is no different than what we did in the city, close one mall but leave other malls open a few kilometers away.

We all know how that turned out.

Does the township have any voice in this matter?

Ward 1.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

There are posts on FB by NB area sledders applauding this turd, and enjoying "their" trails. 

I think that crowd is probably minimal. There are definitely few trespassers who are running the trails anyways, most likely at night.

Speaking as a local volunteer and snowmobiler....I am definitely not applauding the Doc at the moment. With young kids my riding is usually from my doorstep. The Doc has taken that all away. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Johnny_5oh said:

Lower Frys lake? 

No, just off south Seguin estates rd

13 hours ago, snapper said:

And I would think that us guys who reside in a region with no trails, in my case Peel, and a "stay at home order" since pretty much before most trails were open should be provided with a full refund as well. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 700king q said:

And I would think that us guys who reside in a region with no trails, in my case Peel, and a "stay at home order" since pretty much before most trails were open should be provided with a full refund as well. 

While I sympathize with your situation, you must be one of the few in your situation that isn't riding.

2 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Mike your first mistake is still reading Faceplant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, snapper said:

It's not the province doing this... it's one rogue medical officer. I wonder who hires and fires these people

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

It's not the province doing this... it's one rogue medical officer. I wonder who hires and fires these people

He reminds me of the cranky banker or insurance investigator in the old movies. Miserable old fart w/ too much authority.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Reached out to our Ward 1 councilor (Seguin Township) yesterday. Have a conference call set up with him today.

Sent below email 

Hope all is well and you and your family are staying safe.

Tough and unpredictable times we are in. I was wondering what are your thoughts with trails being closed in our area. I am sure you have been asked this question several hundred times. I know on my side we have not spent a single dime in Parry Sound since last March. We purchase all our provisions in the city and will continue to do so.

We are sledder's been sledding in Parry Sound area since mid 80’s, we do not trailer to other areas. We basically ride out from our 2nd home. I believe there was not enough thought or research done, and to allow one person to make this decision. Was counsel and Mayor involved in making this decision? What are you and the rest of town council including our Mayor doing to protect all the businesses that will suffer because of this one man ‘s decision. It does not make any sense to me that all other districts are open and ours is closed. This is no different than what we did in the city, close one mall but leave other malls open a few kilometers away.

We all know how that turned out.

Does the township have any voice in this matter?

Ward 1.jpg

Spoke with councilor, was one man decision, unbelievable. Don't think he really and truly understands what he has done 

to these small towns and businesses that rely on this sport. Sad state of affairs, sorry Bill. Hopefully they will let us lose next weekend.

• Sad 2

Perfect example of why one person should never be able to yield that kind of authority or decision making capabilities :crazy_grn: :headbang:

If we did not live in such a politically correct world, I am thinking this Dr. would have some serious second thoughts about this given possible retribution.

• revrnd locked this topic