North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

37 minutes ago, Curly said:

You’re right Stoney, I agree. Just trying to remember if OC is a snowmobile site or a political, policy, bantering platform. 

Fair enough - could be in the other area of the forum- but it's all relates to the snowmobile issue and that's where it started from.

Cheer up :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Curly said:

Either way, I don’t come on here to read pages and pages of your or anyone else’s diarrhea. This thread reads like a 705 thread......

Are you being forced to read any of this? Try scrolling on by, it works. 

24 minutes ago, stoney said:

There are still posts that have updates on trails, pictures, season, etc.....without the politics.

There is less no doubt and that is because some I am sure are not willing to share their rides this year given the environment or simply are not riding, which is too bad.

Please share your rides though, pictures are great.....nice to see people out enjoying the trails !

Speaking of the fear of sharing. The girl we bought our truck from went skiing just across the river into qc from her home in ontario. Like most young ladies, she shared some pics of her fun outing. She was berated and shamed. She removed the pis and now posts nothing. Being in sales she could have her career negatively i,pacted, or perhaps even ended by cancel culture left wing kooks.  Sad we have allowed this idiocy to prevail.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, zoso said:

Speaking of the fear of sharing. The girl we bought our truck from went skiing just across the river into qc from her home in ontario. Like most young ladies, she shared some pics of her fun outing. She was berated and shamed. She removed the pis and now posts nothing. Being in sales she could have her career negatively i,pacted, or perhaps even ended by cancel culture left wing kooks.  Sad we have allowed this idiocy to prevail.

That is too bad and so sad.

Things will return to some sort of norm at some point and these people that are being so critical will hopefully see what or how they were acting through all of this and maybe have an apology....but I doubt it.

No Zoso I’m not being forced to read these posts, it’s just my thumb is getting sore from scrolling by page after page........

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Curly said:

No Zoso I’m not being forced to read these posts, it’s just my thumb is getting sore from scrolling by page after page........

If you already haven't, you could try clicking on unread content on the right side of the white bar near the top of the page. It allows you to a short version view of each post and then you can only click tto open the posts you wish to read further. Saves the thumb and a lot of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crispy could add a whole other spin to this topic .You guys are awesome. Who is going to be the # 1 post whore this month 

• Haha 1

Curly gets my vote.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 12:42 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

This is worse.

I don't see where anyone clarified this so I looked it up. She was in Texas flying back on American Air. She went to a doctors office to get a Covid test for her return f;ight. They asked which test she wanted and she said she didn't know. "Just the one so I can get on the plane." So they gave her a antigen test that is approved in America. Canda demands a molecular test. Thus they let her on the plane but not into Canada when she landed.

She was tested at the Airport then held for 2 nights in the Westin Hotel until  they received the results and an exam was conducted by a Public Health nurse.

3 hours ago, zoso said:

Are you being forced to read any of this? Try scrolling on by, it works. 

You just have to look @ PETA's latest tweet...

8 hours ago, zoso said:

Do you not think a story about the fact they hid the virus from us, denied military testing to confirm what the soldiers had, and covered it up to protect China is a story worth knowing. It is another prime example as to the utter failure, the lies, and the corruption we see in this government on a daily basis. That being said, then to have the federal agents appear at your door for publishing a leaked document, when they knew perfectly well the reporter had broken no laws was done so as a friendly visit when it was clearly an intimidation tactic from the highest levels of government was sickening to see. These are not regular police, these are federal enforcement officers. The government can ruin a life in the blink of an eye, even if the accusations have no basis in fact. They could arrive at your door, take you into custody, hold you, charge you, have you secure counsel, then fight in court only to have the charges stayed after costing you everything you own. Ya, no reason to be concerned when officer friendly comes knocking and was sent by the Prime Minister. 

No, I don't believe there was any cover up.

One document does not convince me that I need to grab my tinfoil hat and run to the basement.

I'm not an Alex Jones type.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't see where anyone clarified this so I looked it up. She was in Texas flying back on American Air. She went to a doctors office to get a Covid test for her return f;ight. They asked which test she wanted and she said she didn't know. "Just the one so I can get on the plane." So they gave her a antigen test that is approved in America. Canda demands a molecular test. Thus they let her on the plane but not into Canada when she landed.

She was tested at the Airport then held for 2 nights in the Westin Hotel until  they received the results and an exam was conducted by a Public Health nurse.

The protocol implemented was despicable regardless of any circumstances.  You do realize that there are many essential workers crossing the borders everyday total exempt from any of these draconian measures and I'm one of them.  Why should I care when guys like me and my crew can pass at will.  Cause it's wrong on so many fronts.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

One document does not convince me that I need to grab my tinfoil hat and run to the basement.

You don't think the RCMP would have had an issue with a false document being spread?   Nobody is denying it or calling it false.

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Wow. Seems you are blind to the way in which this government operates. 

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You don't think the RCMP would have had an issue with a false document being spread?   Nobody is denying it or calling it false.

Where did I say it was false ?

I only said I don't believe there was any cover up. The information is right there for anyone who cares. It was not classified information.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Where did I say it was false ?

I only said I don't believe there was any cover up. The information is right there for anyone who cares. It was not classified information.

It was not there until it was leaked and then published, one year after the fact. Once this happened our ever so caring government sent the jack boots over to the guys apartment to intimidate him.....think about what you are supporting. This is by definition,  fascism.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, zoso said:

Wow. Seems you are blind to the way in which this government operates. 

I'm not blind. I just don't care to invest any of my time to look.

1 minute ago, zoso said:

It was not there until it was leaked and then published, one year after the fact. Once this happened our ever so caring government sent the jack boots over to the guys apartment to intimidate him.....think about what you are supporting. This is by definition,  fascism.

If you want to see that when you watch the video, go ahead.

5 hours ago, Curly said:

Thanks Curly. I too don't disagree with the fact that our PM is a loon, or with a lot of the other idealogical opinions that a half dozen or so posters have been reciting ad nauseam on this thread. My problem is I check on this thread to get information on the trail closure - things like OPP response, where people are being charged, nature of the charges, local sledder and non-sledder reactions to the closing. That info is in this thread, but to find it I have to go through too many pages of idealogical rhetoric. There are other places on this site where this (fruitful?) discussion can take place. If and when the closure is lifted, I would like to read about here, but I may have lost interest by then because of all the editorial opinion flack.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Crispy could add a whole other spin to this topic .You guys are awesome. Who is going to be the # 1 post whore this month 

Love your avatar pic!

http://chng.it/7RScpXHWmz

Like someone has said, he'll stick to his guns & not change anything. He'll say that no increase in cases proves that he made the right decision.

I'm no scientist, but isn't there a saying that you can't prove a negative? (and please, no Chretien memes!)

Pic is the waterfall north of post 392  

Miss that place and Marie's meals .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

I just had her Business Card out today and my big regret was never getting there. Her family is from North Bay Area and we are fortunate enough to purchase one of the family cottages on Lake Talon. Marie visited this past year at the family cottages and I had a great chat with her.  She is doing quite well but doesn’t miss all the work involved at Post 392.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coldfinger said:

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

I just had her Business Card out today and my big regret was never getting there. Her family is from North Bay Area and we are fortunate enough to purchase one of the family cottages on Lake Talon. Marie visited this past year at the family cottages and I had a great chat with her.  She is doing quite well but doesn’t miss all the work involved at Post 392.

Definitely miss Marie and Bill. We were one of the last group of guys before they sold. Some of the nicest people ever. Marie actually asked if Me and Mrs. Turbo Doo would be interested in buying and taking over the place.  There have been quite a few 'laying in bed' at night discussions on why we did not take that offer.....

20170302_181320.jpg

20170302_180949.jpg

20170302_160515.jpg

20170302_160438.jpg

20170302_160435.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coldfinger said:

We could start a new post on post 392 and reminisce about Marie’s cooking. 

3917AAA1-9CE7-43F0-A0F3-65B325D9E99C.jpeg

028A30EA-0C97-4E3A-81F7-FA5150333FFB.jpeg

FE0528F2-2606-4A8A-834D-8C83ADD252D1.jpeg

81679B47-4E6C-4562-BB69-6DD4F585A4B5.jpeg

CE144DF2-D720-4012-9B8D-61E2B031F7EC.jpeg

1B138BCF-F47A-4921-BA89-6DD1C664E02C.jpeg

• Like 4

• revrnd locked this topic