North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My step daughter's husband lost his Grandfather there on Saturday. RIP

Sorry to hear that. :(

12 hours ago, Sksman said:

Let’s see the results on contact tracing for the 3 or 4 flights from Haiti?

How many were infected by these travellers and who is being held responsible for permitting them to cross health regions?

charge those permitting this.

Are they all essential travellers?

Are they all Canadian citizens or landed immigrants?

Give the regular citizens who are being made out to be criminals for going to the cottage or snowmobiling some answers.   I am sure with all the data being collected the governments can provide some information.

they stopped contact tracing last yeat

3 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

they stopped contact tracing last yeat

Yup, i.e. - we don't care - welcome - but please - do the right thing and isolate for the first 14 days you are here - please and thank you.

Clowns

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They are incapable of protecting the high risk. Look at Roberta Place in Barrie. This is a facility full of professionals, trained in sanitation and virus protection protocol, locked down, all knowing, PPE up the wazoo. And they are at 214 residents tested positive, all staff positive with 49 dead in 3 weeks and counting. My step daughter's husband lost his Grandfather there on Saturday. RIP

I agree that they currently are not protecting those at high risk. However they easily could if funding was directed to do so. People work every day in sterile conditions such as labs containing all kinds of lethal viruses. It is expensive to operate in such a place, but lets consider the money we have spent. Billions. If we had have recognized that this virus is very lethal within certain demographics of our population and very benign among others, those funds could have and should have been laser focused on protecting those that have a very high chance of death if they are exposed. Paying people in their 20s to not work was a big waste of money. The fact is, if we allowed a greater spread among those with strong healthy immune systems, and protected those that were vulnerable right from the start, we would now have a strong herd immunity, we would have a vaccine coming into play to help those thgat we were protecting and others as time went on. We could have done this right. The question is, why did we not? Is there another reason? Could it be that the control of people through draconian restrictions and the destruction of our economy and middle class wealth was the desired outcome, and not the saving of lives?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They are incapable of protecting the high risk. Look at Roberta Place in Barrie. This is a facility full of professionals, trained in sanitation and virus protection protocol, locked down, all knowing, PPE up the wazoo. And they are at 214 residents tested positive, all staff positive with 49 dead in 3 weeks and counting. My step daughter's husband lost his Grandfather there on Saturday. RIP

Sorry to hear about that Blackstar.

I think protection could be possible, and no I am no expert, but given what you know that goes on in labs with I am sure deadlier things, yet people are not dying at the same rate there.

Makes me wonder if they allow people to come and go into these places vs. being totally isolated either at the residence or a camp designed for that where protection could be greater enhanced.

12 minutes ago, zoso said:

I agree that they currently are not protecting those at high risk. However they easily could if funding was directed to do so. People work every day in sterile conditions such as labs containing all kinds of lethal viruses. It is expensive to operate in such a place, but lets consider the money we have spent. Billions. If we had have recognized that this virus is very lethal within certain demographics of our population and very benign among others, those funds could have and should have been laser focused on protecting those that have a very high chance of death if they are exposed. Paying people in their 20s to not work was a big waste of money. The fact is, if we allowed a greater spread among those with strong healthy immune systems, and protected those that were vulnerable right from the start, we would now have a strong herd immunity, we would have a vaccine coming into play to help those thgat we were protecting and others as time went on. We could have done this right. The question is, why did we not? Is there another reason?

Could it be that the control of people through draconian restrictions and the destruction of our economy and middle class wealth was the desired outcome, and not the saving of lives?

I did not see/read this post.....I too find it very odd that the world has labs that people manage to work in every day with I assume low or non existent death rates, that could be used in this scenario to protect the high risk.

I mentioned this before about that retired general that wrote in an article recently talking about the training the army practiced do just that in this scenario, isolating those at risk & the support personal to look after them, and he questioned why those same practices are not being used now.

On the bold, this seems to make more and more sense given what is happening right in front of us.....I recall a guy months ago was talking to me about this, thought he was a bit crazy & reading into things a little too much, but perhaps not....

The outbreak at Roberta Place was linked in the news to 2 individuals who work in the health field and live in Durham region who had a Un quarantined British Traveller in their home for a dinner party.   There were a number of infections after that dinner / stay.

The 2 were charged.  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Sksman said:

The outbreak at Roberta Place was linked in the news to 2 individuals who work in the health field and live in Durham region who had a Un quarantined British Traveller in their home for a dinner party.   There were a number of infections after that dinner / stay.

The 2 were charged.  

Yeah, but from the looks of things - not charged with what they should be.........

11 hours ago, Poo Man said:

They've already stated that, problem is they're using that fact to extend lockdowns!

Models are not facts and they have been completely off the mark.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stoney said:

I did not see/read this post.....I too find it very odd that the world has labs that people manage to work in every day with I assume low or non existent death rates, that could be used in this scenario to protect the high risk.

I mentioned this before about that retired general that wrote in an article recently talking about the training the army practiced do just that in this scenario, isolating those at risk & the support personal to look after them, and he questioned why those same practices are not being used now.

On the bold, this seems to make more and more sense given what is happening right in front of us.....I recall a guy months ago was talking to me about this, thought he was a bit crazy & reading into things a little too much, but perhaps not....

I'm sure the end result of the great reset will be for the gain of the middle class.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Models are not facts and they have been completely off the mark.

I actually can't imagine in my place of work, "making up" such projection models, failing so miserably with them, and still be employed. Only in the government can this happen.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:49 PM, Spiderman said:

Sorry, but have you ever listened to our Prime Minister speak? or noticed what's going on around this country? 

Sorry Spider every time I see or hear him I just want to punch him in the head so I tune him right out...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nickyskidoo said:

Sorry Spider every time I see or hear him I just want to punch him in the head so I tune him right out...

Completely understand - and feel the exact same way.

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2021 at 3:54 PM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

travel brings in less than 2% of all covid cases...............lets stop the travel is evil narrative because its not even a blip on the radar

most people will not read this,,, a shame, they look to lay blame on someone else,human nature,,,

2 hours ago, cehyoopers said:

most people will not read this,,, a shame, they look to lay blame on someone else,human nature,,,

How did the virus get here? And what about the other variants? Hmm !

I wonder what government could have possibly done a year ago? Strange!

• Like 1

Ran into an OPP and Conservation Officer at the Pointe Au Baril Shell north of Parry Sound Thursday, both on sleds.

Said they were out checking for sledders and fisherman. They appear to be the only one's riding table top groomed trails LOL

Maybe I missed it and this has already been done....but I see lots of folks sending letters, emails and phone calls to Chirico.....but has anyone also been sending to the Ontario Ministry of Health Christine Elliot?  I haven’t seen many posts about flooding her office with emails and phone calls. Time to go over his thick head!  mailto:Christine.elliott@pc.ola.org or call (905) 853-9889

36 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Ran into an OPP and Conservation Officer at the Pointe Au Baril Shell north of Parry Sound Thursday, both on sleds.

Said they were out checking for sledders and fisherman. They appear to be the only one's riding table top groomed trails LOL

Oh I saw them. Put up a trail Closed sign. They rode around it.

• revrnd locked this topic