North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

But the Feds say that only X% of the passengers are infected when confronted with this.

It's odd that other countries can introduce these measures but Ottawa ALWAYS is late to the party when it comes to implementing rules. It's like they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or is it a sense of 'we know better than them' mindset?

Hmmmmm? Let’s see, a flight arrived from Jamaica last Thursday and every passenger on board tested positive for Covid. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to be there to welcome them back as I had to work. I am doing my part to make sure the public sector workers staying at home to avoid this dreaded Chinese produced virus can still receive full pay and benefits paid for by the Canadian private sector workers.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Here's a thought maybe fix the linking tap at the source. Currently there are 1500 flights a week going down to the islands and

March break around the corner :wtf:

I've been saying this for a while. Stop the flights for a month.I'll guarantee the numbers will drop.

• Thanks 1

Every business, place of worship, etc....currently expected to be closed, should all agree to a date that they resume to normal business, following the current protocols of course, and just do it, end of story.

Feb 9 was the original planned date to end this, so that should ideally be the date.

What could possibly be done if most or all did this in this province ?!?!?! .....this would send a very loud message that life and business needs to resume, enough is enough.

How can anyone in their right mind not wrap their heads around the simple fact that when they continue to allow infected people into the province or country, it is NOT going to get the numbers anywhere near where they need them to be to appease the powers that be - coincidence by chance, hmm, I wonder....:headbang:

Now, how do you put something as grand as this into motion.....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

travel brings in less than 2% of all covid cases...............lets stop the travel is evil narrative because its not even a blip on the radar

I don't even know where people jump on this nonsense that air travel will stop Covid.  Let's kill an entire industry to stop a flu.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't even know where people jump on this nonsense that air travel will stop Covid.  Let's kill an entire industry to stop a flu.

media gets them all hyped up

3 hours ago, Nickyskidoo said:

Maybe I'm missing something... The airports are open and international planes keep coming and going all day long!!

This is how this China virus got here and all the variations that show up come in this way! You cant tell me that sitting shoulder to shoulder with a stranger possibly positive is remotely safe or safer than sledding. I live right near the airport and even when we had the first lock-down when most people followed there were still planes landing. Don't see what could possibly be essential for planes coming in from Haiti... nope don't see it 

Lock down international flights first then we will get somewhere.   

Nick 

Votes

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

While i agree, we have killed alot of other businesses. Whats one more..

No we've killed small businesses for no reason.  Carry on.

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Sorry, but have you ever listened to our Prime Minister speak? or noticed what's going on around this country? 

Careful... You will get labelled a "conspiracy theorist" or worse. 

Some of the s#it this clown does is a LOT easier to understand if you believe in an ulterior motive, but I'd never say that. 

That would be wrong.

UK variant will become dominant.  At what point will the sheep realize they are being played?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No we've killed small businesses for no reason.  Carry on.

I agree again. The problem is, you can't keep expecting people to follow rules and health protocols,  and continue to have plane loads of people landing , who are infected. Its non sense...

• Like 4

Knowing we apparently have an "issue" with the people within our Ontario circle that live here now, work here (well not all in light of what is going on) and the vast majority (I think) that would like to see things get to normal, but yet the driving factor for the restrictions in place are the infected numbers and the hospital numbers that are under the microscope, why would allowing "new" people to come here be okay.....regardless of their impact today, the bottom line, it is another infected person that is fueling the asinine decisions being made, so put a stop to it or put a stop to the whole thing and lets get on with life.

Personally, like to put a stop to all of it & get on with things, but I know that is a huge hurtle to overcome right now.

Obviously you cannot stop goods, but people that have not reason to be coming here now, should be stopped or placed in a mandatory secure camp for the quarantined time line, no questions asked or option to opt out.....but that is another cost that we can do without.....

Justin Trudeau importing Covid patients into Canada so we have more positive tests and easier for his agenda to get through.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

Justin Trudeau importing Covid patients into Canada so we have more positive tests and easier for his agenda to get through.

Thousands of additional Immigrants per year is and has always been the methods but which Liberals gain popularity starting way back with Justin's father

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I agree again. The problem is, you can't keep expecting people to follow rules and health protocols,  and continue to have plane loads of people landing , who are infected. Its non sense...

What rules and health protocols when half the essentials are working.  Get it now?

25 minutes ago, stoney said:

Knowing we apparently have an "issue" with the people within our Ontario circle that live here now, work here (well not all in light of what is going on) and the vast majority (I think) that would like to see things get to normal, but yet the driving factor for the restrictions in place are the infected numbers and the hospital numbers that are under the microscope, why would allowing "new" people to come here be okay.....regardless of their impact today, the bottom line, it is another infected person that is fueling the asinine decisions being made, so put a stop to it or put a stop to the whole thing and lets get on with life.

Personally, like to put a stop to all of it & get on with things, but I know that is a huge hurtle to overcome right now.

Obviously you cannot stop goods, but people that have not reason to be coming here now, should be stopped or placed in a mandatory secure camp for the quarantined time line, no questions asked or option to opt out.....but that is another cost that we can do without.....

The people traveling today are not the main cause.  

Shut it down, it only delays the inevitable, fix it and it stops.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The people traveling today are not the main cause.  

Shut it down, it only delays the inevitable, fix it and it stops.

No, they are not the main cause, agreed.....but adding to the magical number that is being used as a tool to support the stupidity going on and what is also causing so many to have so much fear, preventing those from actually thinking with a level head.....but yes, that is the point to some degree.....

Fix it by getting back to life, let nature take its course, provide protection to those that need it based on highest risk demographic.

• Like 3

Let’s see the results on contact tracing for the 3 or 4 flights from Haiti?

How many were infected by these travellers and who is being held responsible for permitting them to cross health regions?

charge those permitting this.

Are they all essential travellers?

Are they all Canadian citizens or landed immigrants?

Give the regular citizens who are being made out to be criminals for going to the cottage or snowmobiling some answers.   I am sure with all the data being collected the governments can provide some information.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

UK variant will become dominant.  At what point will the sheep realize they are being played?

They've already stated that, problem is they're using that fact to extend lockdowns!

3 hours ago, stoney said:

No, they are not the main cause, agreed.....but adding to the magical number that is being used as a tool to support the stupidity going on and what is also causing so many to have so much fear, preventing those from actually thinking with a level head.....but yes, that is the point to some degree.....

Fix it by getting back to life, let nature take its course, provide protection to those that need it based on highest risk demographic.

They are incapable of protecting the high risk. Look at Roberta Place in Barrie. This is a facility full of professionals, trained in sanitation and virus protection protocol, locked down, all knowing, PPE up the wazoo. And they are at 214 residents tested positive, all staff positive with 49 dead in 3 weeks and counting. My step daughter's husband lost his Grandfather there on Saturday. RIP

Edited by Blackstar
  • Sad 4

• revrnd locked this topic