North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

3 hours ago, slomo said:

We were in pre-covid times, we are currently in war time covid times and will eventually get to post covid times...I think most folks are basing their current opinions on the past pre-covid times experience.

BTW most legitimate news outlets reporting that Ontario case count is lowering. Lock down is having some effect.

Not seeing it personally!

COVID count so far, 3 friends dead, 7 family members infected including my daughter (46) and 2  grandkids (13 & 15)

• Sad 5

25 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

COVID count so far, 3 friends dead, 7 family members infected including my daughter (46) and 2  grandkids (13 & 15)

Seems like a lot of positive cases in your circle, what is the common thread that is causing that or there is not one that is obvious?

How are the nine dealing with it, okay I hope?

Wishing them all a speedy recovery to good health.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Wow! So far the only person I've heard of are Dave & Adrian.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:54 PM, gtserider said:

Is your Cat hungry? That crap is bad as Webers.

Driving by years ago on a Sat' morning & I couldn't believe the line up. Probably only the 2nd time I had ever driven that stretch of 11. Couldn't see the big deal...

https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/angry-over-trail-closure-lone-north-bay-protestor-calls-for-medical-officer-of-health-to-resign-1.5281868?fbclid=IwAR1LJXCgQ0HQOmhM7EFSzTDgJt3PnB53YSbfIClRJwqIDh_WbJD_J7geBbc

"Toronto and the Region of Peel are facing a health crisis. We have been ordered to stay at home and leave only for essential reasons. The stay-at-home order must be followed if we are to slow the spread of this deadly virus and save lives. While these enhanced closures are frustrating, they are temporary.

"In contrast to not being able to snowmobile, skate or toboggan during the stay-at-home order, what would truly be intolerable is losing a loved one due to a COVID-19 outbreak or not having room in the ICU when a loved one really needs it, having a loved one in hospital due to COVID-19 and not being able to visit them, and not being able to visit close family members in long-term care. We all need to work together and act now to save lives." 

There I fixed it.

• Like 2

Accurate correction revrnd. The lone protester deserved more sledder support. Good on him for acting on his convictions, even if his message was a little off the mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Seems like a lot of positive cases in your circle, what is the common thread that is causing that or there is not one that is obvious?

How are the nine dealing with it, okay I hope?

Wishing them all a speedy recovery to good health.

My daughter's ex went Xmas shopping at Vaughan Mills just before Xmas.

Then the kids spent Xmas day with him.

Apparently spread from there.

• Sad 4

29 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

My daughter's ex went Xmas shopping at Vaughan Mills just before Xmas.

Then the kids spent Xmas day with him.

Apparently spread from there.

Hopefully they are all either on the road to recover or over it.

Guessing the daughter and her ex might have had some not so pleasant words exchanged.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Guessing the daughter and her ex might have had some not so pleasant words exchanged.

You couldn't have paid me to go to a mall...

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

I was thinking I might head into Costco later today, but then decided I’d rather run down to the airport to welcome all the Covid infected passengers arriving on International flights. LMFAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, stoney said:

This the last week of their quarantine. Then they have to get tested again.

Everyone seems to have recovered, so far, except for the ex's girl friend!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

COSTCO called me a while back, and let me know my membership expired at the end of October.

I said yup, and had no plans at this time to renew it.  I'll skip the few things I cant get anywhere else, and support the local grocer that is in town.

20 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

As suspected. He will dig in his heals. 

Another opinion article today.

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/opinion-decision-to-close-snowmobile-trails-is-hasty-and-unbending-based-on-unsubstantiated-complaints-3301240

10 minutes ago, -crz- said:

I was going to add to my previous post, "But think of the children" or 'If it saves one life it will be worth it"

Like others have said the area isn't a Hotspot for cases and people are witnessing far worse crowd scenes in the area.

That was a very well written letter! Good that he brought up the FACT that this is the ONLY health unit in the province to close the trails.

Here's a thought maybe fix the linking tap at the source. Currently there are 1500 flights a week going down to the islands and

March break around the corner :wtf:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Maybe I'm missing something... The airports are open and international planes keep coming and going all day long!!

This is how this China virus got here and all the variations that show up come in this way! You cant tell me that sitting shoulder to shoulder with a stranger possibly positive is remotely safe or safer than sledding. I live right near the airport and even when we had the first lock-down when most people followed there were still planes landing. Don't see what could possibly be essential for planes coming in from Haiti... nope don't see it 

Lock down international flights first then we will get somewhere.   

Nick 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Nickyskidoo said:

Maybe I'm missing something... The airports are open and international planes keep coming and going all day long!!

This is how this China virus got here and all the variations that show up come in this way! You cant tell me that sitting shoulder to shoulder with a stranger possibly positive is remotely safe or safer than sledding. I live right near the airport and even when we had the first lock-down when most people followed there were still planes landing. Don't see what could possibly be essential for planes coming in from Haiti... nope don't see it 

Lock down international flights first then we will get somewhere.   

Nick 

Hey, if you go making sense or using common sense, you're labelled a covidiot.

In my view, Idiots are running the show here.......

• Like 2

But the Feds say that only X% of the passengers are infected when confronted with this.

It's odd that other countries can introduce these measures but Ottawa ALWAYS is late to the party when it comes to implementing rules. It's like they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or is it a sense of 'we know better than them' mindset?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, revrnd said:

But the Feds say that only X% of the passengers are infected when confronted with this.

It's odd that other countries can introduce these measures but Ottawa ALWAYS is late to the party when it comes to implementing rules. It's like they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or is it a sense of 'we know better than them' mindset?

But only less than 2% of Ontarians are infected than as well - so it is okay, right.......:headbang:

41 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Sorry, but have you ever listened to our Prime Minister speak? or noticed what's going on around this country? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Sorry, but have you ever listened to our Prime Minister speak?

I hear you. I think he'd be better suited as the host if they ever reboot Romper Room. The Window Washer would a good choice too.

Looks Like the OFSC trail map is showing the boundaries for the Health departments. Looks like I live in one and work in five separate health regions and live in one of them. I should be able to ride those regions then. 

Jerry

• revrnd locked this topic