4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We need more pictures like these...:icon_dance-cpatch:

IMG_20210121_144054_810.jpg

20200314_124123_005.jpg

20200314_132516.jpg

Ahh! The good ole days!

• Like 1

This was posted on the NBSC Facebook page about an hour ago:

I know we’re all frustrated. We know there was efforts to keep some riders from out of our area by the way of the Stay At Home Emergency Order, we also don’t understand why that also means that local riders who are obeying the rules, can’t ride our local trails either. We are just as confused. Please know that we are doing everything we can to make that point with the Province and our Health Unit.
However, we are aware that there are protests being planned that involve being on our trails in an organized group protest.
PLEASE … do not do this. Our trails have been closed by order of the NBPSPHU . Using our closed trails is now prohibited and illegal. The OPP are forced to ticket anyone on the trails with an $880 ticket.
There are lots of ways to get your point across without breaking the law. Please respect all the work that our local volunteers do. Please do NOT use our trails for any purpose during the closure, by doing this it makes us all look bad.
We want you to enjoy our trails as well but don’t want this to last any longer than it has to be.
We truly appreciate all of your support during this time & please know that when we are able to open we will be ready!
15 Comments
7 Shares

Comment

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

This was posted on the NBSC Facebook page about an hour ago:

I know we’re all frustrated. We know there was efforts to keep some riders from out of our area by the way of the Stay At Home Emergency Order, we also don’t understand why that also means that local riders who are obeying the rules, can’t ride our local trails either. We are just as confused. Please know that we are doing everything we can to make that point with the Province and our Health Unit.
However, we are aware that there are protests being planned that involve being on our trails in an organized group protest.
PLEASE … do not do this. Our trails have been closed by order of the NBPSPHU . Using our closed trails is now prohibited and illegal. The OPP are forced to ticket anyone on the trails with an $880 ticket.
There are lots of ways to get your point across without breaking the law. Please respect all the work that our local volunteers do. Please do NOT use our trails for any purpose during the closure, by doing this it makes us all look bad.
We want you to enjoy our trails as well but don’t want this to last any longer than it has to be.
We truly appreciate all of your support during this time & please know that when we are able to open we will be ready!

15 Comments
7 Shares

Comment

I wonder why the ticket would be $880.00.....I thought trespassing on OFSC trails was only a measly $65.00. 

And if I am not mistaken, you can also use an OFSC trail to get to your cottage on or off the trail or to the lake for ice fishing purposes without a pass or trespassing fine......at least that is how I always understood it to be explained to me.

Regardless, hopefully the protests are productive ones with level heads.

• Like 2

Trespassing is $65 

COVID ticket  $880

What’s with these “please delete” post lately? 

Edited by WinderFab

18 minutes ago, stoney said:

I wonder why the ticket would be $880.00.....I thought trespassing on OFSC trails was only a measly $65.00. 

And if I am not mistaken, you can also use an OFSC trail to get to your cottage on or off the trail or to the lake for ice fishing purposes without a pass or trespassing fine......at least that is how I always understood it to be explained to me.

Regardless, hopefully the protests are productive ones with level heads.

Anglers and hunters are only permitted to travel on OFSC trails without a valid Trail Permit

“ if the trail is the only access route from the closest road to the area open for angling or is the only safe access route to the area open for angling.” & the respective season is Open and the operator has a valid Outdoors Card or is over 65 years old.

I have never seen any exemption for getting to one’s cottage.

The OPP Officer told me that you are expected to trailer your snowmobile as close as you can to the lake where you to intend to fish and only use the OFSC trail for the last potion of your trip.

16 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Anglers and hunters are only permitted to travel on OFSC trails without a valid Trail Permit

“ if the trail is the only access route from the closest road to the area open for angling or is the only safe access route to the area open for angling.” & the respective season is Open and the operator has a valid Outdoors Card or is over 65 years old.

I have never seen any exemption for getting to one’s cottage.

The OPP Officer told me that you are expected to trailer your snowmobile as close as you can to the lake where you to intend to fish and only use the OFSC trail for the last potion of your trip.

So there is provisions for that, with some rules or discretion in place. 

The cottage access discussion came up years ago when a few cottage owners on an OFSC trail wanted to go to their cottage in the winter on a road that was not maintained but a trail instead and I recall they were allowed with no pass plus they also used there side by side to gain winter access. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We need more pictures like these...:icon_dance-cpatch:

IMG_20210121_144054_810.jpg

20200314_124123_005.jpg

20200314_132516.jpg

Yes we Doooo!!   Can’t wait!!

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

What a joke on trespass charge. You could get caught four times before you exceed costs of permit. 

My son broke 2 $200.00 sticks on the rink two nights ago, so a $400.00 night ( one-timers are getting really good though :) 

That sucks, but it won't deter us from playing hockey.

The trespass charge certainly will not deter a soul from doing trespassing - and the price of the permit remains the best value for anything I can think of.

• Like 2

Photos from our last ride on Wednesday before the shut down.....what a shame.

IMG_9563.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

• Like 8

Just to be clear. Can I use snowmobile to ride on lake for ice fishing or it's a crown land and I not allow to use it same like OFSC trails?

The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit is requiring all Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs’ (OFSC) trails and trails utilizing Crown Land in the health unit district to close Thursday for the duration of the province’s stay-at-home order.  Use of roads and lakes is still open for use by sledders, and ice fishing must follow the guidelines in any area for number of people in the group etc., thats a whole other area of rules.

The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit is requiring all Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs’ (OFSC) trails and trails utilizing Crown Land in the health unit district to close Thursday for the duration of the province’s stay-at-home order.  Use of roads and lakes is still open for use by sledders, and ice fishing must follow the guidelines in any area for number of people in the group etc., thats a whole other area of rules.

trails utilizing Crown Land in the health unit district to close:?

yes you are!:crazy:

Still not clear:banghead:

Saw something today on FB (I don't do FB , the toxic Shole it is) that made me almost lose my shuff

Some arse mole thinks we shouldn't be grooming if we aren't open, claims we are only doing it for OFSC cash!! Can't say I know this person, but I'm certain they don't pound a single stake.

Makes me really want to head out in an hour or so to groom, seeing how appreciated it is.

I]m still waiting for this magical ofsc cash, I wouldn't want to know how much volunteering etc costs me every year.

I hate people.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, WinderFab said:

Trespassing is $65 

COVID ticket  $880

So that means the fine would in fact be $65 for trespassing on closed OFSC trails vs $880 as posted. 
Perhaps misunderstanding or a stretch to deter people from doing it as $65 is hardly a deterrent. 

Has anyone looked to confirm that a local PHU has authority to make decisions over Crown Land?

Don't the MNR oversee Crown Land?

• revrnd locked this topic