North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

8 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Very difficult to do, when Trails are Closed most Clubs then close the gates to private property and install the appropriate Trail Closed signs.

I don’t know what all the Clubs within the North Bay - Parry Sound Health Unit boundaries will choose to do, the minimum would be revising the ITG to Red to indicate Closed.  Whether the OFSC would pay for grooming hours during this period would need to be clarified.

I haven’t read the particulars of the Health Unit’s Orders and what they expect the OFSC Clubs to do.  

I know it will likely be crazy out on Lake Nipissing, Trout Lake as well as Lake Nosbonsing and Lake Talon in the immediate North Bay Area. 

From the OFSC Facebook update:

he OFSC respects North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit’s decision and will comply with its temporary trail closure directive within their region. The OFSC has received permission from the NBPSDHU to proceed with limited grooming operations to facilitate OPP trail monitoring and other EMS support, and so that when trails in the affected districts re-open they are ready to ride.  Groomers on trails do not mean trails are open.  We remind snowmobilers to refer to the OFSC Interactive Trail Guide (ITG) for trail availability before each ride.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Very difficult to do, when Trails are Closed most Clubs then close the gates to private property and install the appropriate Trail Closed signs.

I don’t know what all the Clubs within the North Bay - Parry Sound Health Unit boundaries will choose to do, the minimum would be revising the ITG to Red to indicate Closed.  Whether the OFSC would pay for grooming hours during this period would need to be clarified.

I haven’t read the particulars of the Health Unit’s Orders and what they expect the OFSC Clubs to do.  

I know it will likely be crazy out on Lake Nipissing, Trout Lake as well as Lake Nosbonsing and Lake Talon in the immediate North Bay Area. 

I imagine the parking lot @ the Trout Lake boat launch will be busy...

:baghead:

• Haha 1

duplicate

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

duplicate

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Sorry for the duplicate posts. Having issues submitting reply.

26 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

I am not familiar with the landscape in that region (private gated land, crown, etc).....but this is what I just looked up on the OFSC site:

The OFSC has received permission from the NBPSDHU to proceed with limited grooming operations to facilitate OPP trail monitoring and other EMS support, and so that when trails in the affected districts re-open they are ready to ride.  Groomers on trails do not mean trails are open. 

So there will be some upkeep, etc.....but as you stated, it will be a difficult one.

I just cannot see locals, or even non local not jumping on the trails to ride, get to a lake, some off trail locations / hydro lines, logging roads, etc......unless there is a barricade stopping that, and even than, people find ways around them.

I think most will agree, a very poor choice that once again will have adverse affects......but some will sway the other way too of course....:argue:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

From the OFSC Facebook update:

he OFSC respects North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit’s decision and will comply with its temporary trail closure directive within their region. The OFSC has received permission from the NBPSDHU to proceed with limited grooming operations to facilitate OPP trail monitoring and other EMS support, and so that when trails in the affected districts re-open they are ready to ride.  Groomers on trails do not mean trails are open.  We remind snowmobilers to refer to the OFSC Interactive Trail Guide (ITG) for trail availability before each ride.

Missed your post with same quote.....very strange things happening on the site lately, the last page with more comments was not there until I posted my comments......

7 hours ago, 02Sled said:

People need to show some respect for the residents.... it seems that is what they are asking for... reasonable times of day would be one of those.

I can understand your view point.  

That inconsiderate lake  formed in the big open hole  in front of the subdivision and towns that surrounded that big open deep hole so we should now restrict the public access to special times because all the houses were built around this big hole in the ground long before it filled with water.

• Like 2

So I talked to my MPP today. I said I was disappointed in his local health unit officer making his own rules. I thanked  him for being in the country. He said he would get back to me on my concerns.I said don't worry about that I will call you tomorrow and the next day. More to come tomorrow.More should do this instead of taking up bandwidth.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I heard from a friend today that says the Emsdale info center parking lot was packed.   Maybe 20 pick ups and also cars carry single occupants meeting trucks and trailers.

Trails were busy lots of traffic.

My friend stopped and talked with a couple groups of people out walking.   All of them were of opinion trails should not be closed.

XTR in Sundridge does not want to see trails closed.

One local said the locals will still be out riding trails.   

OPP previously really had nothing to charge anyone from out of town riding before the Health shutdown tonite.   No law was being broken.  That might be changed now?  I don’t know.

It was a beautiful day on trails.  254kms of exercise and stress relief.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sksman said:

I heard from a friend today that says the Emsdale info center parking lot was packed.   Maybe 20 pick ups and also cars carry single occupants meeting trucks and trailers.

Trails were busy lots of traffic.

My friend stopped and talked with a couple groups of people out walking.   All of them were of opinion trails should not be closed.

XTR in Sundridge does not want to see trails closed.

One local said the locals will still be out riding trails.   

OPP previously really had nothing to charge anyone from out of town riding before the Health shutdown tonite.   No law was being broken.  That might be changed now?  I don’t know.

It was a beautiful day on trails.  254kms of exercise and stress relief.

I see Kearny trails are all red now 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, T bird said:

Somehow I highly doubt that. I’m dam near certain many locals will continue to ride throughout the area. 

you are probabbly right

15 hours ago, thetorches said:

Its like when the malls are were closed in Toronto and Peel over Christmas. Everyone just goes to the closest city with open malls. It makes it worse not better.

not true at all, we had eveyone coming to Halton region malls and stores before Christmas...............are numbers never wavered and still havent

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

you are probabbly right

not true at all, we had eveyone coming to Halton region malls and stores before Christmas...............are numbers never wavered and still havent

I went to your Pro Hockey Life on christmas eve - was an excellent experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

I see Kearny trails are all red now 

With the Almaguin and Highland Rover trails marked red i'am sure the OPP will be sitting at trail heads/road crossings charging people with trespassing.They did this a couple of years ago if my memory serves me right when the trails closed early. They were sitting on Forest Tower Road right where the "D" trail north crosses it charging sledders.. 

Edited by snowchopper

I wish I could believe that and would love to see it, but the OPP rarely have time when the trails are open to be out there. If this is true, people who actually buy permits will be ticketed  instead of the low life’s who choose not to contribute and purchase one at all. 

14 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I wish I could believe that and would love to see it, but the OPP rarely have time when the trails are open to be out there. If this is true, people who actually buy permits will be ticketed  instead of the low life’s who choose not to contribute and purchase one at all. 

When the trail is closed they can ticket everyone instead of just catching the odd  one. Making it so  much more lucrative a cash grab for them

It is what it is the reality is that district 10 is closed, in my opinion close all or close none and that goes for everything else. Every person and every business  have taking a big crap kicking in the last several months, unfortunately it is far from over.

We have several leaking water taps that is the root cause but we seem to be avoiding or not  addressing, airports, certain municipalities that have 6 to 7 families living in one home, anti mask protests and the list goes on.

We can protest, sign petitions, bitch and complain but  the reality is that this pandemic is here and we all need to do our part to get it under control,(Easier said then done)

Stay safe and hopefully we can all get through this.

Just read the headlines in the Sun. another plane load of sick people land in Montreal with Air Transit. the 3rd plane load in two weeks. Yet i can't sled down a trail or take my grandkids sliding in the park.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, theedge said:

Just read the headlines in the Sun. another plane load of sick people land in Montreal with Air Transit. the 3rd plane load in two weeks. Yet i can't sled down a trail or take my grandkids sliding in the park.

It's fine, Justin asked them to please quarantine for 14 days, it's Canada, everybody just does the "right thing", and he did say please, so it shouldn't be an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, theedge said:

Article in the Star's business section slamming the airline and travel business for promoting travel. Yes the planes may be clean but you're carrying possible carriers...

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Article in the Star's business section slamming the airline and travel business for promoting travel. Yes the planes may be clean but you're carrying possible carriers...

Why are travel agents not shutdown?  

Are they essential?

29 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

99% survival rate...........................

99.7% i believe..

• Like 1

• revrnd locked this topic