North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

But many politicians and those in higher level management positions within our public sectors, are in the well off to very well of bracket that are suing us the tax payer for more poor decisions made recently. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

I won’t hide behind my keyboard and lie, yes I was sledding. I live in Vaughan and trailered to Barrie club house, my sled was already full of fuel before leaving, I didn’t go anywhere but staying on the trail, brought snacks from home, didn’t get fuel as I only did 190km. Was it the right thing to do, probably not.

Good stuff :right_on:

• Like 2

Just now, WinderFab said:

I won’t hide behind my keyboard and lie, yes I was sledding. I live in Vaughan and trailered to Barrie club house, my sled was already full of fuel before leaving, I didn’t go anywhere but staying on the trail, brought snacks from home, didn’t get fuel as I only did 190km. Was it the right thing to do, probably not.

But you had no contact w/ others. How hard is that for some of these people to figure out. 

I saw a release (maybe someone can post it) from Simcoe Muskoka Health, saying they aren't planning on asking that snowmobile trails be closed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

Very reasonable thing to do given the current situation.

• Like 2

Anyone going to the protest?

Details

Event by Matt Oreilly

Saturday at 10 AM EST
-20–-14°C Mostly Sunny

Price: Free

Public  · Anyone on or off Facebook

As everyone is aware, The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit is requiring all Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs’ (OFSC) trails and trails utilizing Crown Land in the health unit district to close Thursday for the duration of the province’s stay-at-home order.
They are doing this while flights are still arriving at the airports, Costco and Walmart are still open for in store shopping of non - essential goods, and the situation in long term care homes aren't any better.
Somehow the government officials believe that if they keep taking away more and more of our rights then the COVID cases will go down.
This isn't right! There is no evidence that shutting down trails will have any affect on COVID cases. As a reference, there are a total of 7 active COVID-19 cases in this health district.
If anything, shutting down the trails that are well regulated will cause more problems. People will now end up riding off trails and on unsafe lakes, causing more ice deaths and emergency crews to respond.
Sledding is one of the most socially distanced outdoor activities that one can do, and I believe a lot of us agree.
A protest should be staged against these measures. If enough sledders shown up hopefully we can make a difference! If we don't, I believe the entire OFSC Trail network is in jeopardy in the coming days.
Tentative plan:
If you have a trailer: Meet at the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit in North Bay (sleds and trailers), then drive North of Highway 11 to Sand Dam Road parking lot to unload. A ride on snowmobiles will then take place, heading towards Mattawa and back (or as far as you'd like to go).
Remember to be socially distanced, wear masks when you're not wearing your helmet and be smart. We don't want the news to paint us as anti makers! We are anti trail closures!
See Less

• Like 1

GIVE ME THE RIGHTS TO RIDE!!!

Keep the ofsc trails open during stay at home order

Reasons for signing

See why other supporters are signing, why this petition is important to them, and share your reason for signing (this will mean a lot to the starter of the petition).

http://chng.it/7N6HtG76ZP

Edited by andreyboater

17 hours ago, 02Sled said:

A couple of friends work for Schneider and they have sold equipment both in Canada and the US. Their training for the customer is typically in person and hands on. They are now doing it all online.

Schneider also has a very large process side implementing projects with many integrated components from multiple vendors, these take years to implement and require critical staff to be onsite during stages.  Not many of those projects going to Canada, but they require specialized talent to travel to locations or risk serious delays.

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

GIVE ME THE RIGHTS TO RIDE!!!

Keep the ofsc trails open during stay at home ordernk you provided, one of the first things that 

Reasons for signing

See why other supporters are signing, why this petition is important to them, and share your reason for signing (this will mean a lot to the starter of the petition).

http://chng.it/7N6HtG76ZP

When I opened the link that you provided, one of the first things I saw was the following Nicholas Cruise started this petition to Ofsc  (sorry for font size). If this petition is being sent to the OFSC as is indicated, it is a waste of time. 

If the OFSC closes those particular trails tomorrow, they would be doing so because they have been ordered to do that by the North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit. Therefore sending a petition to the OFSC is a waste of time and effort. 

To have any chance of being effective the petition needs to be sent to Dr. Jim Chirico at the NBPS Health Unit who is the person that ordered the trails closed in the first place.  JMHO

Good luck with the petition.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

When I opened the link that you provided, one of the first things I saw was the following Nicholas Cruise started this petition to Ofsc  (sorry for font size). If this petition is being sent to the OFSC as is indicated, it is a waste of time. 

If the OFSC closes those particular trails tomorrow, they would be doing so because they have been ordered to do that by the North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit. Therefore sending a petition to the OFSC is a waste of time and effort. 

To have any chance of being effective the petition needs to be sent to Dr. Jim Chirico at the NBPS Health Unit who is the person that ordered the trails closed in the first place.  JMHO

Thanks, I saw it also, but my thoughts  is maybe if OFSC will have this petition in hands it helps to fight and prove necessity to keep snowmobile  trails open.  

10 hours ago, WinderFab said:

Congrats.  I've been out once, before new years, before the big restrictions. I don't hide behind the keyboard either.  I may break the PHU this weekend, and go ride somewhere within trailering distance too. :icon_steer::ssh:

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

The silence from the OFSC on this is definitely interesting...

Maybe they are being quiet on this matter so they don't burn any bridges for future funding/grants from the government.:wtf:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Maybe they are being quiet on this matter so they don't burn any bridges for future funding/grants from the government.:wtf:

That and saying anything only brings more attention to it.

This has effected one health unit,.

Standing on the corner and whining like a kid, being told no in the grocery store would only cause us more hardship.

This is not yet a "First they came for the Communists" type scenario yet...

11 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

It's entirely possible they are being quite as well because it's out of their hands?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Good luck with the petition.

Dr Jim serves at the pleasure of the government,it is an appointed position.The petition  needs to go to  his boss.Doug Ford and the Minister of Health.You can start by PHONING not email,they can be ignored your MPP.

I just don't get it. 

Anyone actually VISIT Mattawa? Walk ONE street back of Main?

The area is pretty much circling the drain. 

It can use EVERY tourism dime it can get. 

Some clown wielding power granted by a loophole to curry public favour, driven by a fearmongering (to secure government funding and to sell ad space) media, is a disappointment, to say the least. Sadly, if this town were to be left to it's own financial devices, it would be another abandoned town along 17. 

Pitiful.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

The silence from the OFSC on this is definitely interesting...

Lobbying your cause in not usually done in public. We didn't hear about Walmart and Costco lobbying the government to be excluded from the shutdown until after they were officially exempted. The OFSC could be quietly appealing this decision to the Doc and/or the province.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've voted on the poll. 76% have voted Yes

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

I just don't get it. 

Anyone actually VISIT Mattawa? Walk ONE street back of Main?

The area is pretty much circling the drain. 

It can use EVERY tourism dime it can get. 

Some clown wielding power granted by a loophole to curry public favour, driven by a fearmongering (to secure government funding and to sell ad space) media, is a disappointment, to say the least. Sadly, if this town were to be left to it's own financial devices, it would be another abandoned town along 17. 

Pitiful.

Yes but the 1 article had 'residents' complaining that they saw 'out of town' snowmobilers there...

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Yes but the 1 article had 'residents' complaining that they saw 'out of town' snowmobilers there...

How would they know the snowmobilers are from out of town?

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, zx7rr said:

How would they know the snowmobilers are from out of town?

Exactly? Maybe because they weren't riding 12/3s, TX Indys & Panthers?

:poke2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• revrnd locked this topic