North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

3 hours ago, -crz- said:

Working our tails off is an understatement. This year has been a nightmare getting trails opened...which we are just getting to that point now. 

It is my understanding that the District 11 office had zero notice of the Health Unit's decision. 

51 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Thank you, -crz-  for your countless hours of hard work. This impending shutdown is a kick in the teeth. Let's hope the trails reopen as soon as the three week period ends, if not sooner....

Going out Thurs' to install some updated destination signs north of the clubhouse.

19 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Going out Thurs' to install some updated destination signs north of the clubhouse.

Like this?

Stay Hom Sign.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, snapper said:

Sorry, I should of specified non essential American tourists cannot fly into Canada. A customer of ours has sourced and installed a very expensive piece of U.S. manufactured equipment. Fortunately all installation was carried out by a local company. Any updated training must be done online as their in-house people that handle this were not considered essential and therefore could not enter the country.

A couple of friends work for Schneider and they have sold equipment both in Canada and the US. Their training for the customer is typically in person and hands on. They are now doing it all online.

6 hours ago, cehyoopers said:

so much privilege going on here, if I was to ever leave the sport it would be because of conversations like this,,, I watched as trailer after trailer headed north under the lock down, then the problem was instead of staging outside of town, most stage in towns, unload and carry on like kids with no supervision, the general public has never understood sledding, ever, and we give them the fuel to hate us even more, and then gather in groups, then piss and moan at the government cause its all their fault, well peeps look in the f^&&king mirror, that is where the problem is,,, the world is bigger then your tiny minds,,,,, flames on, MFs,,,

Well said..

Last Wednesday I witnessed kids with no supervision on the trails just north of Barrie, got behind a big group of guys that were riding like kids, so decided to pull over and have a snack, caught up to them again while they were stopped hurdle together at a intersection right in town, they must of been talking about how great their 21’ sleds handle the bumps, most of the time I seen them they were standing, or maybe they were talking about how great their sleds rail the corners, as I also seen them go on the outside of the stakes through the wheat fields to bypass the corners where there was a clearly visible sign saying wheat field please stay on trail. :banghead:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

Well said..

Last Wednesday I witnessed kids with no supervision on the trails just north of Barrie, got behind a big group of guys that were riding like kids, so decided to pull over and have a snack, caught up to them again while they were stopped hurdle together at a intersection right in town, they must of been talking about how great their 21’ sleds handle the bumps, most of the time I seen them they were standing, or maybe they were talking about how great their sleds rail the corners, as I also seen them go on the outside of the stakes through the wheat fields to bypass the corners where there was a clearly visible sign saying wheat field please stay on trail. :banghead:

You were sledding?. Out of your PHU?. Agree with everything you stated. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Like this?

Stay Hom Sign.jpg

Um no....

I think once the trails close up Thursday at midnight, all that traffic will end up over in Halliburton & Bancroft areas or further north. Only a matter of time before the same thing happens in those areas. 

• Like 1

Hopefully some good news....79D43203-F1D1-4B0E-9A9F-A678E0BBF12C.thumb.jpeg.b56cf31d9dc28e610104ca77ff76e1e4.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Anyone thinking all the preemptive trail closures are just going to fuel the intitled base, and make even more riding closed trails, tresspassing etc etc even more of an issue, which will lead to yet even more problems in the sport.  

Or it could be the result of whiners complaining " I saw 3 'snowmobile' trailers on Highway 11..." not knowing where they are coming or going to.

46 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Anyone thinking all the preemptive trail closures are just going to fuel the intitled base, and make even more riding closed trails, tresspassing etc etc even more of an issue, which will lead to yet even more problems in the sport.  

Being the pessimist that I am, for sure I do. 

I can't see those idiots already willing to do stupid stuff all of the sudden have a change of heart and think...........

1 hour ago, Arctic JC said:

Hopefully some good news....79D43203-F1D1-4B0E-9A9F-A678E0BBF12C.thumb.jpeg.b56cf31d9dc28e610104ca77ff76e1e4.jpeg

Timmins would be the District I would be worried about as the local MPP is kicking up a big stink about southerners coming to Cochrane to ride. 

1 minute ago, scottyr said:

Timmins would be the District I would be worried about as the local MPP is kicking up a big stink about southerners coming to Cochrane to ride. 

Should be a nonissue right now anyways,  cause yah can't book any rooms anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Should be a nonissue right now anyways,  cause yah can't book any rooms anyways. 

True.   But I did call an un-named Motel and they seemed quite happy to take my money for this weekend if I wanted to come up as "I made the reservation a few weeks ago".  

Edited by scottyr

8 hours ago, cehyoopers said:

so much privilege going on here, if I was to ever leave the sport it would be because of conversations like this,,, I watched as trailer after trailer headed north under the lock down, then the problem was instead of staging outside of town, most stage in towns, unload and carry on like kids with no supervision, the general public has never understood sledding, ever, and we give them the fuel to hate us even more, and then gather in groups, then piss and moan at the government cause its all their fault, well peeps look in the f^&&king mirror, that is where the problem is,,, the world is bigger then your tiny minds,,,,, flames on, MFs,,,

well said

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, scottyr said:

True.   But I did call an un-named Motel and they seemed quite happy to take my money for this weekend if I wanted to come up as "I made the reservation a few weeks ago".  

When Charlie Angus gives up his paycheck and pension then maybe the motels will look at things different.

But empty rooms still need heat and gas and hydro costs big bucks. 

18 minutes ago, Sksman said:

When Charlie Angus gives up his paycheck and pension then maybe the motels will look at things different.

But empty rooms still need heat and gas and hydro costs big bucks. 

You are thinking very selfishly, not using any common sense and living in your own snowmobiler bubble.....:icon_slap2:....:coffeenose:......:sarcasm_on-1:

• Like 1

I drove through north bay today at 2:30pm. Traffic was heavy, shopping center parking lots packed. Ya, sledders are a big problem.?.as if. Never will that city see ten cents from me.

Edited by revrnd
corrected sledders
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, zoso said:

I drove through north bay today at 2:30pm. Traffic was heavy, shopping center parking lots packed. Ya, sledders are a big problem.?.as if. Never will that city see ten cents from me.

I fixed your post.

In Ptbo today for groceries & a steel pick up. A lot less traffic around the city. Crappy Tire is only curbside pick up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, zoso said:

Oh come one, you didn't see all the trucks and trailers parked all over the place?, sledders hanging around everywhere?? :poke2::sarcasm_on-1:...

• Haha 2

We are getting some snow and cold ,it will be a madhouse in muskoka this weekend I’m thinking 

5 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Like this?

Stay Hom Sign.jpg

Doesn't reflect reality. All over the country, politicians who broke or otherwise flaunted travel restrictions are getting publicly slapped around, demoted or fired.

• revrnd locked this topic