North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

I was going to say 95/96 was amazing, I picked up my brand new  96 XLT on the 14th of November/95 and had 600 miles of weekends only by Chrsitmas, finished the winter with 3500 miles and traded it.

It was the 2nd season I had my 440!

I got married on Dec 30/95 and I remember I had 1000 miles on my XCR600SP before I got married.   

Well this is a situation. I am sure some pissed off anti snowmobile person called this one in. We are not held in a high light that's for sure. Since I heard on the radio that the order won't be lifted till case counts stable at 1000 per week. That's 6 to 8 weeks away.  You see what's coming . So you can stay at home or ride where and when you can. I am going to my cottage and do just that. Life's short. And both covid and sledding are calculated risks.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

Provincial order states quite clearly that local health agencies have final say over snowmobile trail use or closures

15 hours ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

Under the Provincial Order regarding snowmobile trails being allowed under the lockdown, page 2 of the Order states that each Health Agency will have the final say if the trails are actually going to be open or closed and for how long, the same for ice rinks, and ice fishing huts.  As the stay at home order encouraged people to ride in their home health district, unfortunately for most people in Southern Ontario you have no trails.  The North Bay authority has bowed to pressure from the public who are understandably concerned with the huge numbers of sledders up north now.  As Northern and Near North depend so much on your tourism dollars, we appreciate you all and hope to see you again very soon.

Yes that sounds all fine and dandy but in all actuality the provincial stay at home order is a regulation and not a law, passed by an Order in Council. Its does not and cannot supercede any law made previously by a provincial Act, Federal Act or The Constitution Act.......... The mere fact that we are allowing Health Units sway over a provincially regulated activity is a huge concern. 

if we allow non elected officials sway or legality over anything that is provincial not only is it a huge problem but in effect Unconstitutional. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Motorhead said:

Well this is a situation. I am sure some pissed off anti snowmobile person called this one in. We are not held in a high light that's for sure. Since I heard on the radio that the order won't be lifted till case counts stable at 1000 per week. That's 6 to 8 weeks away.  You see what's coming . So you can stay at home or ride where and when you can. I am going to my cottage and do just that. Life's short. And both covid and sledding are calculated risks.

same. ill ride the roads if we have a big snowfall

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yamaha4ever said:

May not be as much Crown Land used as the Doc thinks:

CROWN LAND USE POLICY ATLAS (gov.on.ca)

Crown land is labelled ie: conservation reserve----C85, various types are all labelled.

I believe the health unit needed to call out Crown Land in its statement because if there is any at all in the health unit, it is not regulated the same as OFSC trails on private property are.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Yes that sounds all fine and dandy but in all actuality the provincial stay at home order is a regulation and not a law, passed by an Order in Council. Its does not and cannot supercede any law made previously by a provincial Act, Federal Act or The Constitution Act.......... The mere fact that we are allowing Health Units sway over a provincially regulated activity is a huge concern. 

if we allow non elected officials sway or legality over anything that is provincial not only is it a huge problem but in effect Unconstitutional. 

Guys like you know who will just back and in the armchair "listen to the doctors", and therein lies the problem, complete complacency., no questions asked, just take it, spoon fed and lead.

• Like 4

so much privilege going on here, if I was to ever leave the sport it would be because of conversations like this,,, I watched as trailer after trailer headed north under the lock down, then the problem was instead of staging outside of town, most stage in towns, unload and carry on like kids with no supervision, the general public has never understood sledding, ever, and we give them the fuel to hate us even more, and then gather in groups, then piss and moan at the government cause its all their fault, well peeps look in the f^&&king mirror, that is where the problem is,,, the world is bigger then your tiny minds,,,,, flames on, MFs,,,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

https://www.nugget.ca/news/snowmobile-trails-closing-extremely-disappointing-costly

Some Mattawa residents spoke to The Nugget earlier this month about seeing a number of snowmobilers from southern Ontario in their town, putting local residents at an increased risk of exposure to COVID-19.

Wow, this sounds like something out of Nazi Germany...

Reminds me of the woman in Coboconk last summer whining about vehicles in town from the GTA, calling out 1 particular vehicle w/ a Durham Region dealer tag. The person that owned it said they lived in the area & had bought the car down there.

I don't think the crowds of sledders are approaching what I saw in Sept' @ the local ball diamond, 20 carloads crowding the ball diamond w/ no masks or social distancing. Definitely from the city as their demographic doesn't show up on our census.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cehyoopers said:

so much privilege going on here, if I was to ever leave the sport it would be because of conversations like this,,, I watched as trailer after trailer headed north under the lock down, then the problem was instead of staging outside of town, most stage in towns, unload and carry on like kids with no supervision, the general public has never understood sledding, ever, and we give them the fuel to hate us even more, and then gather in groups, then piss and moan at the government cause its all their fault, well peeps look in the f^&&king mirror, that is where the problem is,,, the world is bigger then your tiny minds,,,,, flames on, MFs,,,

Well said!

• Like 1

Back in the Spring of 2020 , remember how Muskoka was trying to keep cottage owners from coming to Muskoka. I even remember on this site there was folks not wanting boaters fishing on " their" lake. Sadly much of society has become a tattletale mindset. Driven by media and maybe some jealousy. Snowmobiling should not take this personally, haters will be haters . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So is this a done deal are trails closing or do we still go by OFSC interactive trail map status. Seguin is showing yellow as of today.

2 minutes ago, cravesledding said:

So is this a done deal are trails closing or do we still go by OFSC interactive trail map status. Seguin is showing yellow as of today.

They closed as of Thursday 12:01am 

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

But if the BS continues, what difference if you're travelling on your bike or a sled? Ar people going to stay in their health unit?

When all is said & done I think  someone in North Bay needs a good kick in the nuts.

not much difference but some, there are roads in my health unit for biking but not snowmobile trails at all.

19 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

They closed as of Thursday 12:01am 

What a shame all this beautiful fresh snow and clubs working their tails off to get trails open.

Will be interesting to see if the OFSC chimes in as of Jan 13 all was clear to go.

2021.jpg

1 hour ago, Panther340 said:

Back in the Spring of 2020 , remember how Muskoka was trying to keep cottage owners from coming to Muskoka. I even remember on this site there was folks not wanting boaters fishing on " their" lake. Sadly much of society has become a tattletale mindset. Driven by media and maybe some jealousy. Snowmobiling should not take this personally, haters will be haters . 

Muskoka didn’t want cottagers coming to their cottages back in the Spring, however they still wanted their property taxes to keep flowing in. I have no problem staying away from my Muskoka property if ordered to do so. They can let me know how to get a property tax rebate for the time I’m not allowed to be there. Also wandering if they don’t want the donations I make to their local hospital. Careful what you wish for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hey I agree with you totally , Snapper, I was just showing how ridiculous society has become. And no common sense in many that dont realize how safe snowmachine use and boating is by the majority. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cravesledding said:

What a shame all this beautiful fresh snow and clubs working their tails off to get trails open.

Will be interesting to see if the OFSC chimes in as of Jan 13 all was clear to go.

2021.jpg

Working our tails off is an understatement. This year has been a nightmare getting trails opened...which we are just getting to that point now. 

It is my understanding that the District 11 office had zero notice of the Health Unit's decision. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

that pretty well sums it up. Can't shop for a tv in my friends store but i can go to costco or walmart and shop for one. This closing trails is bs. Whats the difference putting gas in my car or snowmobile, picking up takeout from a restaurant. its going to prove nothing.Factories supposed to be working safely through this but look at Conestoga Meats . Schools closed yet school kids sickness up 53% since January 1 when no school. Teacher has a test goes back to school and 3 days later 6 classrooms sent home cause he is positive but don't you dare think of snowmobiling. Its going to be a long time to end if they don't go to the source.

Forgot father and 2 kids kicked off hill in Cambridge park on sunday. Apparently not allowed.

Edited by theedge
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe the health unit needed to call out Crown Land in its statement because if there is any at all in the health unit, it is not regulated the same as OFSC trails on private property are.

as much as i am railing against the health unit on the ofsc trails, they have 0 jurisdiction over crow land

2 hours ago, cehyoopers said:

no one is stopping those who feel afraid from staying home. 

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Guys like you know who will just back and in the armchair "listen to the doctors", and therein lies the problem, complete complacency., no questions asked, just take it, spoon fed and lead.

yup. it boggles my mind that people wont actually do research for themselves and get the facts that are available to us all.

17 minutes ago, snapper said:

Muskoka didn’t want cottagers coming to their cottages back in the Spring, however they still wanted their property taxes to keep flowing in. I have no problem staying away from my Muskoka property if ordered to do so. They can let me know how to get a property tax rebate for the time I’m not allowed to be there. Also wandering if they don’t want the donations I make to their local hospital. Careful what you wish for.

property taxes, money spent on groceries, goods, restaurants, services............

• revrnd locked this topic