North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

Are you thinking of testing out some of these questions Blake?. :ph34r:

Only if it helps him up his mileage tally...

:baghead:

Hahaha.

I'm over 3500 kms at this point. No laws broken. No covid bought or sold.

Not getting far while sitting at the keyboard.

• Like 5

Actually I may have broken the 50 km speed limit a few times.

• Haha 3

I feel terrible about it.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

This falls squarely on the guys who couldnt stay home and had a "go f yourself attitude".   All the FB keyboard jockeys are to blame for this.    I guarantee that the whole province is closed by Friday because people wouldnt listen.  

Wrong. The government is to blame.

• Like 1

well ,looks like the sled season is gone ((( I hope that 2021 motorcycle season will survive . 

lol, vacation time booked, picking up new trailer upon my return home on Thursday.....yay. cannot wait to park it and look outside my window at it for three weeks.......or maybe...nah I will just sit in the house like a good prisoner.

• Like 1

Zoso.....maybe find a wrap for that trailer that disguises it as a  Shasta Camper....or a Red Cross trailer and then head for the North.  Might work. ;)........  but all kidding aside even Sault area here does not have enough snow for me to ride my own trails even. Feel for ya all. 

Edited by Panther340
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, markweist said:

Except the weather is turning to winter.  Stay positive people!

1 hour ago, vooodooo said:

Just relax....drink a jack and coke...the trails may or may not open..

No one ever died from not going snowmobiling.

If the amount of money you spend on snowmobiling stress you out, you need to make different choices.

Last Wednesday, I had a ride with my primary sledding buddy, from Midhurst to Midland and back. After the ride, rather than bring the sleds home we carried on north up 400 to leave the sleds at his cottage near MacTier. We thought we were being clever, expecting that the trails would soon be opening around his cottage, and then we could drive up for 'day' rides. Unfortunately, his cottage is in the south west corner of the North Bay Parry Sound PHU, so we are immediately shut down. Despite that, we won't give up hope for the season. Sunday, three of us were talking about sledding, its future and its past and in particular years were sledding started late. We agreed that there were at least three years in the past 25 were we didn't touch snow until February. The latest start was mid Feb, in what we decided was 1995 (or possibly 1996), based on what sleds we had. We remember because there had been no snow anywhere from Minnesota to New York and north to James Bay. Then Timmins and Cochrane got decent snow when even Kirkland Lake didn't. We headed north Friday afternoon with no reservations hoping to find decent snow anywhere north of NB. There was almost no snow all the way to the Timmins turnoff. About 10 PM we found a place with two rooms in Cochrane and drove to there. Saturday AM in Cochrane, we saw trucks from all over the US snow belt and even Quebec. We had never seen anything like it. Had an enjoyable local ride Saturday down and around thru Iroquois Falls, but the temperature was dropping from -12 C to -30 by supper time. Sunday AM was -47C without the wind chill but the wind was a steady 40 KM per hour. We got our sleds started and headed west on the A trail, but gave up just out of Cochrane and packed it in back at the motel. I had never been so cold in my life, and haven't again since then. Time to load up and get home. My buddy, still my A riding partner today, went to start the truck and his key broke off in the ignition and there was no cranking anyway. No other trucks there would start either and the landlord brought out a salamander heater for all of us to use to warm the blocks and the oil. We were second to use the heater and eventually got down the road, but what a weekend. We had a separate truck issue and some sled issues as well. Its a wonder that some of us stuck with sledding all this time.

So, two things: If the season starts Feb 11, that is not the end of the world, and even it it doesn't "no one ever died from not going snowmobiling". Lighten up boys and girls, there are a lot of serious problems in the world.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, volsla said:

well ,looks like the sled season is gone ((( I hope that 2021 motorcycle season will survive . 

But if the BS continues, what difference if you're travelling on your bike or a sled? Ar people going to stay in their health unit?

When all is said & done I think  someone in North Bay needs a good kick in the nuts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tricky said:

Last Wednesday, I had a ride with my primary sledding buddy, from Midhurst to Midland and back. After the ride, rather than bring the sleds home we carried on north up 400 to leave the sleds at his cottage near MacTier. We thought we were being clever, expecting that the trails would soon be opening around his cottage, and then we could drive up for 'day' rides. Unfortunately, his cottage is in the south west corner of the North Bay Parry Sound PHU, so we are immediately shut down. Despite that, we won't give up hope for the season. Sunday, three of us were talking about sledding, its future and its past and in particular years were sledding started late. We agreed that there were at least three years in the past 25 were we didn't touch snow until February. The latest start was mid Feb, in what we decided was 1995 (or possibly 1996), based on what sleds we had. We remember because there had been no snow anywhere from Minnesota to New York and north to James Bay. Then Timmins and Cochrane got decent snow when even Kirkland Lake didn't. We headed north Friday afternoon with no reservations hoping to find decent snow anywhere north of NB. There was almost no snow all the way to the Timmins turnoff. About 10 PM we found a place with two rooms in Cochrane and drove to there. Saturday AM in Cochrane, we saw trucks from all over the US snow belt and even Quebec. We had never seen anything like it. Had an enjoyable local ride Saturday down and around thru Iroquois Falls, but the temperature was dropping from -12 C to -30 by supper time. Sunday AM was -47C without the wind chill but the wind was a steady 40 KM per hour. We got our sleds started and headed west on the A trail, but gave up just out of Cochrane and packed it in back at the motel. I had never been so cold in my life, and haven't again since then. Time to load up and get home. My buddy, still my A riding partner today, went to start the truck and his key broke off in the ignition and there was no cranking anyway. No other trucks there would start either and the landlord brought out a salamander heater for all of us to use to warm the blocks and the oil. We were second to use the heater and eventually got down the road, but what a weekend. We had a separate truck issue and some sled issues as well. Its a wonder that some of us stuck with sledding all this time.

So, two things: If the season starts Feb 11, that is not the end of the world, and even it it doesn't "no one ever died from not going snowmobiling". Lighten up boys and girls, there are a lot of serious problems in the world.

Off the top of my head, might've been Winter '95. Winter '96 started for me mid Nov', the day after the deer hunt ended. Put 40 miles on the 440 running forest access roads around Eels Lake and never stopped. My friends in Timmins said sledders they knew parked their sleds in April as they had run out of places to ride. That winter was 1 of my best before I started doing trips up north in 2000.

Right now @ 9:30

image.png.aeeec81fdefad56dfcef11c24a013c0c.png

Doesn't look like much is open in the PSSD

The Seguin could still use more snow, but there's currently plenty of good riding in the east side of Parry Sound District.

Screenshot_20210118-204820_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Blake G

What do all you armchair internet doctors know anyways.......:coffeenose:

Easy to blame people who choose to ride with all these "reports" of breaking the rules.....:poke2: Although I am sure they were some that did, but I am also guessing that it was a very small percentage of sledders that did. I know a couple of guys that went to NB to ride this past Sat, they each drove their own trucks to ride the day together, packed food, drinks, etc.... so they could enjoy themselves and still be responsible given the environment.

Or maybe easier targets because they rode and you did not because of choices you made.

Or all the paranoid folks that are living in fear right now, not working as a result of that, that have nothing better to do with all their government paid free time off that sit and watch out their window at all the other people trying to get on with life, issuing complaints about what they see...

Sorry if I sound a wee bit jaded.... 

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed to me with all these systems in place, the "COVID-19 task force" was able to get a pretty good idea where one might be getting infected by, if so, would that not tell the tale of infections and where it came from to properly point the finger as to where the problem is with some level of intelligence?

Seems to be another knee jerk reaction, not because there is really a spike in positive cases or in facet people not following protocols, more so because people are not "following the stay at home order", so this is what we will do to fix that.

So just to be clear:

• Group of riders drive north for the day to ride
  • They ride together for the day wearing a helmet for my guess 90% of the time
  • Cannot go to or in any establishments to possibly "spread the virus" that they might have
  • End of the day, they come home

Sounds like we have a pretty serious risk on our hands here.....:headbang:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Off the top of my head, might've been Winter '95. Winter '96 started for me mid Nov', the day after the deer hunt ended. Put 40 miles on the 440 running forest access roads around Eels Lake and never stopped. My friends in Timmins said sledders they knew parked their sleds in April as they had run out of places to ride. That winter was 1 of my best before I started doing trips up north in 2000.

Right now @ 9:30

image.png.aeeec81fdefad56dfcef11c24a013c0c.png

Doesn't look like much is open in the PSSD

I was going to say 95/96 was amazing, I picked up my brand new  96 XLT on the 14th of November/95 and had 600 miles of weekends only by Chrsitmas, finished the winter with 3500 miles and traded it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Easy to blame people who choose to ride with all these "reports" of breaking the rules.....:poke2: Although I am sure they were some that did, but I am also guessing that it was a very small percentage of sledders that did. I know a couple of guys that went to NB to ride this past Sat, they each drove their own trucks to ride the day together, packed food, drinks, etc.... so they could enjoy themselves and still be responsible given the environment.

Or maybe easier targets because they rode and you did not because of choices you made.

Or all the paranoid folks that are living in fear right now, not working as a result of that, that have nothing better to do with all their government paid free time off that sit and watch out their window at all the other people trying to get on with life, issuing complaints about what they see...

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed to me with all these systems in place, the "COVID-19 task force" was able to get a pretty good idea where one might be getting infected by, if so, would that not tell the tale of infections and where it came from to properly point the finger as to where the problem is with some level of intelligence?

Seems to be another knee jerk reaction, not because there is really a spike in positive cases or in facet people not following protocols, more so because people are not "following the stay at home order", so this is what we will do to fix that.

So just to be clear:

• Cannot go to or in any establishments to possibly "spread the virus" that they might have

Only a complete moron would sense ANY risk in this, it's beyond stupidity, it's "special"

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, stoney said:

So just to be clear:

Parry Sound #s are some of the lowest in central Ontario.Dr Jim needs a kick in the nuts.

• Like 2

If Licks is doing curbside, I might have venture over on the Cat for some lunch 

• revrnd locked this topic