North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

Does this mean grooming and trail prep can continue, for the end of lockdown in mid Feb?

• Like 1

Just now, vooodooo said:

Might as well ask the question....not that I want my money back. I understand how the money gets spent, and what would happen if it's not there.

What does this mean for the $50 back,  pre buy guarantee for the trails?

The only way anyone gets their $50 credit is that the entire province closes before mid Feb and doesnt re-open.    

I cant believe the amount of idiots on 705 Sleds saying that they want their money back for their permits.   The $190 is the least of my concerns right now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The only way anyone gets their $50 credit is that the entire province closes before mid Feb and doesnt re-open.    

I cant believe the amount of idiots on 705 Sleds saying that they want their money back for their permits.   The $190 is the least of my concerns right now. 

And that's putting it mildly...

• Like 4

Lets face it guys. We knew this was all coming in the fall. You guys chirped me for being not excited about this season. I will admit i had hope. But personally, this season was long done before it even got started.  This will go down in history as potentially the worst season ever for organized sledding in Ontario.  I just hope theres the will to keep it going. As for myself,  i am debating about packing it in. We all know the covid craze is going no where anytime soon, and by the way the vaccines are rolling out, and the hold ups with that etc, i see next season no better,  if there even is one..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lets face it guys. We knew this was all coming in the fall. You guys chirped me for being not excited about this season. I will admit i had hope. But personally, this season was long done before it even got started.  This will go down in history as potentially the worst season ever for organized sledding in Ontario.  I just hope theres the will to keep it going. As for myself,  i am debating about packing it in. We all know the covid craze is going no where anytime soon, and by the way the vaccines are rolling out, and the hold ups with that etc, i see next season no better,  if there even is one..

Problem with that is once the system is gone, it will never come back.

6902031-keep-calm-and-carry-on-970x400.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Kijiji prices are going to the bottom fast I would expect.    

Get your our cash ready if your a gambling man as bargains are coming.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I hate to say it, but I am falling off the sledding band wagon fast.    Its just too stressful to use the G-D things.    Between being glued to TWN and now this crap, I am just about done.   Do I think I will quit after this season?    Probably not, but I can 100% guarantee that I will not be ordering a MY22 sled and I normally get a new machine every year.    I have 4 year warranty on this one and I can see myself getting 2-3 seasons out of it and then selling everything.  

• Sad 1

Just now, Sksman said:

Kijiji prices are going to the bottom fast I would expect.    

Get your our cash ready if your a gambling man as bargains are coming.  

Sum bitch!!

Putting a positive spin on things!

I thought the toy market would collapse this year, yet Truedope rained money down from the palace balcony and the pleebs bought all the toys.

My industry has seen a massive boom. Can't buy a new hot tub until at least the end of 2021. I've had my parts supply chain go for a massive dump in the last few months.

Anyone want to buy 4 brand new unused trail passes still in the envelope they came in.

Can't buy a new hot tub until at least the end of 2021. 

No kidding.    We ordered one in March and got it in October.   Same dealer said he wouldnt guarantee one for July if you ordered it today.  

3 minutes ago, zx7rr said:

Anyone want to buy 4 brand new unused trail passes still in the envelope they came in.

A gambler friend of mine is waiting for the price to drop to $100 and then bite.

Its not like anyone can book rooms anyways, restaurants are closed etc. So basically its just take out, and getting gas. So tell me how parking and riding for the day needs to be shut down. What a complete joke. :icon_gunhead:..

Maybe time to fly to a nice warm destination,  at least you can still do that. Or better yet, good thing hockey playing.  :rotflmao:

Edited by Turbo Doo

25 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I hate to say it, but I am falling off the sledding band wagon fast.    Its just too stressful to use the G-D things.    Between being glued to TWN and now this crap, I am just about done.   Do I think I will quit after this season?    Probably not, but I can 100% guarantee that I will not be ordering a MY22 sled and I normally get a new machine every year.    I have 4 year warranty on this one and I can see myself getting 2-3 seasons out of it and then selling everything.  

I'm in the same boat.  Chasing snow year after year, agree on the weather network as well. My son just started this year on the trail, and I was skeptical on a decent year already due to the circumstances were all in.  Then got a curve ball thrown at me and my riding is really limited this season.  Might be out too.

9 minutes ago, scottyr said:

No kidding.    We ordered one in March and got it in October.   Same dealer said he wouldnt guarantee one for July if you ordered it today.  

At least you got one. I know dealers that have over 50 on order, eta's were given...and those dates have long since past. Customers not so happy...

The main parts (pumps, packs, jets etc) from the biggest manufacturers go to the hot tub assemblers (that's pretty much what they are).

I've had repair parts, with a direct link to the parts manufacturers, on back order for most of the year.

My partner/wife is really good. She has so far kept us with critical parts.

Where we used to stock one or two, 'cause they were next day parts before covid, we now stock 6, grab them when we find them.

2 minutes ago, gobills said:

I'm in the same boat.  Chasing snow year after year, agree on the weather network as well. My son just started this year on the trail, and I was skeptical on a decent year already due to the circumstances were all in.  Then got a curve ball thrown at me and my riding is really limited this season.  Might be out too.

I lived in Milton (no snow)for 10 years and still snowmobiled. Except 1998, where I sledded down main street  Jan1, to drop my blockbuster VHS's back off...

Moved to the Orangeville area and it was at best hit and miss...still snowmobiled.

Moved to the Lake Huron snow belt and enjoyed a few years of holy crud I hope it stops snowing, and a few of please baby Jesus start the cold and snow.

I own many machines I still maintain, despite the fact I use them a few hours a year.

Keep your sleds, it's still cheaper than a boat. it'll pay off.

Buy some land, ride on your own property. Not the same but  you may get the fix.

My last boat, one I really liked got 20 hrs in 4 years. She got sold.

I miss that boat.....might make the same mistake again 

• Like 1

I'm wondering what the key is on the $50 credit is.

If each health unit shuts us down does that count or only if the province shuts it down.

Going to be interesting.

52 minutes ago, scottyr said:

There's a problem right there. I tend to avoid it as much as possible. Their overhyped snowfall totals. Then you have the Chipmunk on Global and the wuss on CP24. They won't be happy until our winters resemble Vancouver's. "It's cold. It's snowing'. Cry me a river.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Its not like anyone can book rooms anyways, restaurants are closed etc. So basically its just take out, and getting gas. So tell me how parking and riding for the day needs to be shut down. What a complete joke. :icon_gunhead:..

Maybe time to fly to a nice warm destination,  at least you can still do that. Or better yet, good thing hockey playing.  :rotflmao:

I know! It's not rocket science.

42 minutes ago, zx7rr said:

Trade you for mine from last year.  Had hip surgery sooner than planned in Dec 2019 so the sled didn’t see the sticker. I’m good though my machine has its 2021 sticker and I’ve been out.  Not looking good going forward though.  Except the weather is turning to winter.  Stay positive people!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

There's a problem right there. I tend to avoid it as much as possible.

Just relax....drink a jack and coke...the trails may or may not open..

No one ever died from not going snowmobiling.

If the amount of money you spend on snowmobiling stress you out, you need to make different choices.

Edited by vooodooo
  • Like 3

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

I only watch it for the meteorologists..:ph34r:...

LOL

Mute the TV & put on some tunes!

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

It sure seems like it is

It would appear so. That's why I limited my phone call yesterday. If it had gone on any longer I think I would've gotten a headache...

I guess since I've kind of been a solitary person for a lot of my life I don't need to always be around people. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy people when I'm out & about. I've met a few of you over the years @ the shows & on the trails. I'll always have time to chat, even if it's not about sledding.

I met several sleds on Fri' & yesterday when I was out riding. I don't think day riders are the problem, but it is what it is.  

• revrnd locked this topic