North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

Just read in North Bay Nippising News. Starting Jan 21st at 12:01am until lockdown is over 

Edited by revrnd
Added Health Unit, Change 'all' to area

https://www.myhealthunit.ca//en/news/index.aspx?newsId=f0c499ae-459a-4acb-b8d8-f5dbab77584f

just read same thing 

Edited by Sledguy74
  • Like 1

I'm devastated. Been at our trails volunteering since the beginning of December to get opened in an already difficult year. 

Enjoyed a few good rides with my wife and kids obeying all provincial guidelines....and now this....

Not good.

Edited by Blake G

My season is over, can't watch dog tail anymore... 

My season hasn't started yet, no snow.

• Like 2

Snowmobiling 2021:rotflmao:

bicycle.jpg

Under the Provincial Order regarding snowmobile trails being allowed under the lockdown, page 2 of the Order states that each Health Agency will have the final say if the trails are actually going to be open or closed and for how long, the same for ice rinks, and ice fishing huts.  As the stay at home order encouraged people to ride in their home health district, unfortunately for most people in Southern Ontario you have no trails.  The North Bay authority has bowed to pressure from the public who are understandably concerned with the huge numbers of sledders up north now.  As Northern and Near North depend so much on your tourism dollars, we appreciate you all and hope to see you again very soon.

3 minutes ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

Under the Provincial Order regarding snowmobile trails being allowed under the lockdown, page 2 of the Order states that each Health Agency will have the final say if the trails are actually going to be open or closed and for how long, the same for ice rinks, and ice fishing huts.  As the stay at home order encouraged people to ride in their home health district, unfortunately for most people in Southern Ontario you have no trails.  The North Bay authority has bowed to pressure from the public who are understandably concerned with the huge numbers of sledders up north now.  As Northern and Near North depend so much on your tourism dollars, we appreciate you all and hope to see you again very soon.

They have also closed all rinks and sliding hills.

Sounds like China !!

• Like 2

It is getting ridiculous.  Keeping people locked up inside their home without any outdoor activities available will have no effect on Covid . It will cause MANY suicides and mental health issues, as well as physical health issues.

• Like 1

What a crock!

How many cases have been transmitted by snowmobilers?

Numbers?   Even a guess?

• Like 1

The local Health Units have absolute power and authority during this lockdown.    They can do whatever they want and the Province will agree.  

This is going to start a Provincial Domino as Charlie Angus will be leaning on the Timmins Health Unit to do the same in his riding.    I bet Timmins and Cochrane is closed by Friday. 

Edited by scottyr

Night night organized snowmobiling.

What an absolute OVERREACH and reaction.

• Like 2

Voice your opinion to Dr. Jim Chirico  at https://www.facebook.com/NorthBayParrySoundDistrictHealthUnit/  

I can see this happening to us in Grey/Bruce. 

Too close to the covid hot spots, if Parry Sound, closes...being at least twice the drive that we are :(

It’s no wonder the northern towns want to stop the traffic north as the flights are still arriving daily with infected passengers.  

So the government allows the spread spread of Covid into the country and then has other government shutdown our freedoms.

It is hard no to believe there is social engineering going on here.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This falls squarely on the guys who couldnt stay home and had a "go f yourself attitude".   All the FB keyboard jockeys are to blame for this.    I guarantee that the whole province is closed by Friday because people wouldnt listen.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Might as well ask the question....not that I want my money back. I understand how the money gets spent, and what would happen if it's not there.

What does this mean for the $50 back,  pre buy guarantee for the trails?

Potentially lead to more drownings as more people ride lakes!

• Sad 3

• revrnd locked this topic