Ofsc gift card

gobills

Its a gift card so to my knowledge there is no fee.  Its  a gift card with a number attached to it that enables you to get a permit.  Should be able to send it to any address tied to any vin.

• Like 1

Sorry to say but I think you bought the gift card using your postal code and it has to all match up with the permit purchase. I did 2 gift cards for my self this year and seem to recall this. Good luck though hope for the best 

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ofsc says gift card has to be in name and postal code of recipient to redeem it. I looked in fact page, since I was curious. 

What kind of a GIFT CARD is that? FFS :wtf:

Back to the cheese shop for Valentine's Day gift I guess.

47 minutes ago, slomo said:

What kind of a GIFT CARD is that? FFS :wtf:

Back to the cheese shop for Valentine's Day gift I guess.

Totally agree Slomo. To me a gift card is something you buy to be used as a gift. In reality this appears to be just a prepaid credit card for a specific item.

10 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I didn’t make rules and gift cards aren’t allowed to have an expiry date either. So plc is right. 

And so are you. They should just call it a "place holder" or something like that. It does solve a problem for those waiting for VIN #'s etc. though for which there was some concern in the past. But you know...I don't know how many times I've thought to myself....hey!....STG's birthday is coming up....February 14...he has contributed much to this forum ...although not much lately...and been an inspiration to many...living on a fixed income back in the woods where he can't even get his driveway ploughed out....maybe as a nice gesture I should buy him an OFSC trail pass gift card this year....WELL so much for that...I don't know his effen VIN number or postal code....and to ask would spoil the surprise....:angry:  

P1P 1R3

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Blake G said:

P1P 1R3

Looks like he is out of my Public Health Unit regional zone and a search for last name "Guy" on the OFSC site turns up nothing.  ah well....gotta tax my brain now for some other idea...

BTW - it seems like all the weather is a month behind...October in November, November in December, December in January, so there is probably plenty of season left in February, March, and if you're willing to travel April.:cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For anyone who wants this it in fact can be transfered.  Here is the response I got.  Just so everyone knows.

You can certainly gift the gift card to another. If you can let us know the last name and postal code of the individual, we will be able to update the gift card and let you know once complete.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Permits Team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

For anyone who wants this it in fact can be transfered.  Here is the response I got.  Just so everyone knows.

You can certainly gift the gift card to another. If you can let us know the last name and postal code of the individual, we will be able to update the gift card and let you know once complete.

Regards,

Permits Team

Congrats. A true answer..

3 hours ago, gobills said:

Regards,
Permits Team

Good work gobills! Hope they update the info on the web site. Will remember for next year. 

Sent you a pm

12 hours ago, ontariof7 said:

Sent you a pm

I replied to your message 2 times but got no response sorry.   Its looking like its sold.  I've asked ofsc to change name and postal code to someone.  I will let you know if it falls through.

4 hours ago, gobills said:

I replied to your message 2 times but got no response sorry.   Its looking like its sold.  I've asked ofsc to change name and postal code to someone.  I will let you know if it falls through.

Please do. All the best

On 1/26/2021 at 3:04 PM, ontariof7 said:

Please do. All the best

Ok deal fell through farmer bailed on me after initiating the change let me know.

Edited by gobills

4 hours ago, gobills said:

Ok deal fell through farmer bailed on me after initiating the change let me know.

Bought a new pass online, certainly did not want to ride without one. Our loss : (

On 2/2/2021 at 7:31 AM, gobills said:

I didn’t bail on you. You said it would take a day and nothing happened after a week. That’s ofsc doesn’t want gift cards changing hands. After buying weekend pass for last Friday and Saturday easy for me to upgrade to full season permit, next ride out. No one is going to put up with hassle of trying to get the card changed if it takes over a week. Rant over good luck. 

12 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I didn’t bail on you. You said it would take a day and nothing happened after a week. That’s ofsc doesn’t want gift cards changing hands. After buying weekend pass for last Friday and Saturday easy for me to upgrade to full season permit, next ride out. No one is going to put up with hassle of trying to get the card changed if it takes over a week. Rant over good luck. 

Might want to look over your messages there was never any reference to it taking a day.  I Told you I'd let you know when they change it.  Anyway glad you got out

• Like 1