Barrie Midland trail conditions?

coolbane

Not in the past two days, but was in the area four times between Jan 5 and 11.

Monday we rode 100 miles out of Waubaushene:

C was well kept.

Rail line from Midland to Orillia had too little snow to be enjoyable. Same with 309 and the 305.

Was on 303 and 304 Saturday morning, with adequate snow.

The area clubs have been doing their best, but need snow and cold like everybody else.

Edited by Blake G

22 hours ago, coolbane said:

Anyone ridden these trails today or yesterday? Any comments on whether they have been groomed recently would be appreciated. 

Rode yesterday from Anten Mills up to Midland and back. C trail okay most of the way up, but less snow more snirt and dirt at the Midland end. Best trails were 415 and 416 in the Elmvale to Hillsdale area. Deepest snow was close to Horseshoe Valley, but the Old Barrie Road/Forbes Road portion of 422 at hwy 400 was lacking in snow as you would expect. We rode it to get back to the truck at Anten Mills. Clubs had done a great job with what they had. Their had been recent grooming in the south for sure.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tricky said:

Clubs had done a great job with what they had. Their had been recent grooming in the south for sure.

Our club Sno Voyageurs have been out almost nightly, trying very hard. We are hoping to see that clipper storm roll in tomorrow night, then some squalls. We need it bad. 

Glad you got out to enjoy!

• Like 1

Yukon, Thanks to the Sno Voyageurs for keeping the trails rideable. We got to thank a groomer operator at the garage, knowing that the combination of high traffic volume and little snow is a challenge. I hope you get the snow, and that I get the word that I can travel from home to sled since there are no trails at home.

Edited by tricky
  • Like 2

We did about 250 km today between Barrie Midland Penetang and up to Thunder Beach. Rode railline and many sidetrails, all yellow. Alot of snirt in the south and a bit better north of Midland. Bush terrible and field OK. Got very loose in the afternoon and it will probably be all ice tomorrow if there is no snow tonite.

Obviously, the area needs more snow and cold. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are OK with 'marginal conditions'. Regardless, I'm glad I got out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trails were very busy today, all parking lots were at almost full capacity, groomers have their work cut out lol..

Overall was a good ride, just south of cold water.66769FE2-7288-4A06-A7D7-1F3140BF0701.thumb.jpeg.6f92a358f52766071840eb306e6fd23f.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

Trails were very busy today, all parking lots were at almost full capacity, groomers have their work cut out lol..

Overall was a good ride, just south of cold water.66769FE2-7288-4A06-A7D7-1F3140BF0701.thumb.jpeg.6f92a358f52766071840eb306e6fd23f.jpeg

Looks good:right_on:  what was your loop today?

Edited by Arctic JC
  • Like 1

Started off at snow voyager club house, took B103C to 414 to B112B, Oro rail line was smooth all the way to Orillia, jumped on lake couchiching “B” trail, lake was also flat n fast, B105C was good and flat all the way to cold water, C to Waubaushene was good, C after Waub to Barrie was a bit bumpy, 

Didn’t expect to see that many sleds out, was very very busy, once we left Waubaushene the snow squalls were picking up and at times visibility was brutal so we decided to head back down. 

Edited by WinderFab
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

Started off at snow voyager club house, took B103C to 414 to B112B, Oro rail line was smooth all the way to Orillia, jumped on lake couchiching “B” trail, lake was also flat n fast, B105C was good and flat all the way to cold water, C to Waubaushene was good, C after Waub to Barrie was a bit bumpy, 

Didn’t expect to see that many sleds out, was very very busy, once we left Waubaushene the snow squalls were picking up and at times visibility was brutal so we decided to head back down. 

Nice loop!!   Watching the Barrie news this evening they showed the C trail through Elmvale and it looked very busy.  Nice you got out! I hope to Monday :icon_dance-cpatch:

Very busy is a understatement lol..  they are getting a good dumping of snow right now, once the groomers get out it will be the best conditions of the year so far for that area, Monday should be great..

Utoff trail was open today.... bridge work completed.  Great conditions from Orillia to Midland early this morning.  Ran into John Graves Simcoe today, he said he was looking for BlakeG...!  ;)IMG-20210123-WA0006.thumb.jpg.53615d9f4dc04da27e8d85a5d4adb5a8.jpg20210123_135721.thumb.jpg.5267de6513f74fcf2888f7e209aefef6.jpgIMG-20210123-WA0010.thumb.jpg.831263a5e8c4aad21c7e0b6d4cc92f1d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I must have just missed you, Scott. We had a late start out of the Division Road lot around 830.

Sure lots of iron at the staging area when we went by at noon! Also lots of hikers, bikers and skiers. It would be nice if the bikers would share the road. Three wide!!!!

Lots of sleds going past my driveway all afternoon while I was plowing. Heard some irrational flippers with aftermarket pipes trying to impress the neighbours. I am sure they were but not in a good way. Beautiful day and nice to see people out for a ride while being considerate. A$$hats, not so much!!!

• Like 2