OSM Magazine

02Sled

Okay... This is a new one for me. The mail came today and there was a notice... Your subscription has expired - Renew today. www.osmmag.com with a promo code to save.

1 year $10

2 years $15

3 years $20

And here I thought this was part of your trail pass benefits? Am I wrong? What has changed?

47 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Okay... This is a new one for me. The mail came today and there was a notice... Your subscription has expired - Renew today. www.osmmag.com with a promo code to save.

1 year $10

2 years $15

3 years $20

And here I thought this was part of your trail pass benefits? Am I wrong? What has changed?

Its attached to royal distributing and the powersports show I believe? 

55 minutes ago, Yukon said:

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by your statement. Does it mean that if you bought a ticket to the show in previous years you get the magazine free and since ther was no show this past year now they want you to buy a subsription??

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by your statement. Does it mean that if you bought a ticket to the show in previous years you get the magazine free and since ther was no show this past year now they want you to buy a subsription??

The people who own OSM Mag (Kehoes) are the people who run/put on the big sled show. 

Canadian Magazines are heavily subsidized by the govt.   They more issues they mail out, even if free, the more subsidy they get from the govt. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Way back when, if you signed up to the mailing list with royal, you would recieve the osm magazines. 

You receive Supertax and Ontario Sledding Magazine as benefits with your OFSC Permit. OSM is a separate entity, they produce the International ATV and Powersports Show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Yukon said:

13 hours ago, Yukon said:

Way back when, if you signed up to the mailing list with royal, you would recieve the osm magazines. 

13 hours ago, smokeater466 said:

You receive Supertax and Ontario Sledding Magazine as benefits with your OFSC Permit. OSM is a separate entity, they produce the International ATV and Powersports Show.

I never gave my address or other information to Royal Distributing. I tend to be very careful who I give this information too. If they don't need it they don't get it. The only snowmobile related organizations that got my address is the OFSC for my permits. 

19 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I never gave my address or other information to Royal Distributing. I tend to be very careful who I give this information too. If they don't need it they don't get it. The only snowmobile related organizations that got my address is the OFSC for my permits. 

It must be from a very old subscription then. I'm a bit foggy going back in time, but the ofsc may have had an agreement back in the day. 10 years ago or more that was attached to Royal and OSM. Before Go Snowmobiling magazine. 

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the free ones you get with your OFSC permit. I check the box every year but for some reason this year- nothing yet.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:39 PM, smokeater466 said:

On 1/13/2021 at 11:21 AM, Yukon said:

It must be from a very old subscription then. I'm a bit foggy going back in time, but the ofsc may have had an agreement back in the day. 10 years ago or more that was attached to Royal and OSM. Before Go Snowmobiling magazine. 

Both above statements are the facts regarding magazine subscriptions related to OFSC membership. Many years ago, we received OSM when we bought our OFSC annual permit. Back then OSM was Ontario Snowmobile(r?) Magazine. When Supertrax was awarded the OFSC deal, OSM went international as "On Snow Magazine". OFSC has offered us Supertrax and Go Snowmobiling with our annual permit for at least 4 or 5 years, but in 2019-20 there were very few hard copy issues printed, and some us who asked for the option haven't received anything. If you currently receive or are offered OSM, they have your address from somewhere, and that could be from old OFSC registration or the International Snowmobile Show relationship.

• Like 3

@tricky I was just going to say that OSM is no longer 'centered' on Ontario sledding hence the name change & not a lot of Ontario content.

I'm sure all the mags have our info from buying a sled or permit, attending a show or having an account w/ some business.

12 hours ago, sinc71 said:

I'm still waiting for the free ones you get with your OFSC permit. I check the box every year but for some reason this year- nothing yet.

You are not alone it seems. I have two reliable friends saying the same thing for last season and this.

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Are we only getting 1 copy of the magazine now for the season,  from buying a trail pass or what?. Didn't we get 4? 

I received a Fall 2020 issue of Supertrax and Ontario Sledding, and I think I read that the later issues would be 'online only'. I could be wrong though because there really isn't enough content in either to capture my attention. Lots of ads and content not of interest to me. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sinc71 said:

Same here, nothing last year either!

If I recall when OSM stopped being the magazine that went with your trail pass, they had a one time sign-up to receive the magazine for free. If it's attached to Royal at all I wasn't aware of this. I've been receiving OSM for years without spending a cent. I also receive the Supertrax & Go Snowmobiling with my trail pass. There were a couple of boxes to click when you bought your pass & one of them was an online only version the other was for the magazine. 

9 hours ago, tricky said:

You are not alone it seems. I have two reliable friends saying the same thing for last season and this.

I received a Fall 2020 issue of Supertrax and Ontario Sledding, and I think I read that the later issues would be 'online only'. I could be wrong though because there really isn't enough content in either to capture my attention. Lots of ads and content not of interest to me. 

Same here... I've gotten more substantial sale flyers dropped at my door.

2 hours ago, Bryan XC700 said:

If I recall when OSM stopped being the magazine that went with your trail pass, they had a one time sign-up to receive the magazine for free. If it's attached to Royal at all I wasn't aware of this. I've been receiving OSM for years without spending a cent. I also receive the Supertrax & Go Snowmobiling with my trail pass. There were a couple of boxes to click when you bought your pass & one of them was an online only version the other was for the magazine. 

If you signed up at royal to recieve the parts catalog, you would recieve the osm magazine.

11 hours ago, Yukon said:

If you signed up at royal to recieve the parts catalog, you would recieve the osm magazine.

I don't know about the other locations, but the Whitby store usually had a stack of OSM mags @ the door.