State of emergency declared

Puggz

All this political chatter in here, and haven't come across a blocked post from Crispy.  

Did he leave?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

Well if anything good has come of the state of emergency/lockdown this should stand out:

https://blackburnnews.com/midwestern-ontario/midwestern-ontario-news/2021/01/13/wiarton-willie-festival-cancelled-covid-concerns/

i will sleep safe tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave K said:

All this political chatter in here, and haven't come across a blocked post from Crispy.  

Did he leave?

Maybe his mom kicked him out of her basement :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave K said:

Did he leave?

3 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Maybe his mom kicked him out of her basement :rolleyes:

Maybe signed up as a different user.....moderator can check the IP address if they wanted too I am sure, but why.

13 minutes ago, stoney said:

Curious, does anyone know a person that has caught Covid-19 more than once?

Still looking for my first person yet alone second.or third time

Edited by zx7rr

22 minutes ago, stoney said:

Curious, does anyone know a person that has caught Covid-19 more than once?

Nope.

I know a total of 6 people who have caught it.

Family #1 - Best man at my wedding - caught it through a "spin" class - had no symptoms - was told to get tested due to outbreak - tested positive.

2 daughters - then tested positive - Wife negative - never tested positive.

No one had a single symptom or got sick at all - no test - no idea.

Family #2 - Groomsman in my wedding party - family of 4 - were alerted due to a positive close contact - 3 of the 4 of them tested positive - zero symptoms - zero illness - youngest never got a positive result - again, no test, no idea.

That's it for me so far.

My son was skating 12 hours a week with 20 kids each hour, through 3 different PHU's, - 0 cases from September until December 23 when they were shut down, - he also was going school 5 days a week, 1 case in his school from Sep to Christmas break - was a teacher.

This whole thing is very very irritating.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this update on Adam and the fight.

Will be very interesting to see how this goes.....hopefully find out sooner vs. later, but I am thinking not.

Check out the comments around the 22 min mark about the authority that the non-elected medical body has (NB/PS region being shut down by one), that I am sure most had no idea....wonder if it is a new thing or been around a while, but has not been a reason to witness it. 

Is he a restaurant owner or a construction labourer? (asking for a friend)

17 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Just a spoiled rich kid who saw an opportunity to get 15 minutes of fame, as well as I go fund me

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Just a spoiled rich kid who saw an opportunity to get 15 minutes of fame, as well as I go fund me

yep, ran a restaurant without a business license - nice way to get out of health inspections. Like cock roaches with your ribs? Special this week...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He sure does not fit the model for what is he doing or be a perfect person, but I am rooting for him, not solely for his benefit, but for so many others not willing to take it this far.....clearly based on the go fund me, there is a large number that also support it.

• Like 4

The guy is fighting the constitutionality of the entire emergency lockdown BS order.  Something we should all get behind.  

Sounds like a guy who was willing to take a chance most wouldn't.  He's OK in my book.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Say what you want about me, its rather interesting that all of you cant get my comments out of your head, even if they are blocked? Maybe you ought to think about that a while and see if you can make sense of it.

Stay safe everyone. Trudeau has failed Canada on epic levels, only completely lost people wont admit that now.

• Like 3

Guy deserves a parade, if not a medal, IMHO. 

Crispy, I hear you.

So do the critical thinkers, and those with a healthy degree of skepticism.

I think there's 2 schools here.

One is in disbelief. Understandable, nothing like this has happened before, at least not on this continent.

The second are either in deep denial, or believe all will come out in the wash. The vast majority of these people have not been financially devastated by the actions of this government.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

now the Toronto Police are asking him to pay 187k for their complete overreaction..............we live in ridiculous times

Ya, that was just crazy......was sending that many police, some on horses, required to close a restaurant, talk about sending a message and totaling abusing the power that a city has or thinks they have, which that right there is another huge North American issue right now, in case people did not realize.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stoney said:

Ya, that was just crazy......was sending that many police, some on horses, required to close a restaurant, talk about sending a message and totaling abusing the power that a city has or thinks they have, which that right there is another huge North American issue right now, in case people did not realize.

yes and the totally laughable part is all of their emails and communications were released

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

now the Toronto Police are asking him to pay 187k for their complete overreaction..............we live in ridiculous times

Wont happen. Same crap happened at Friday harbour the developers sued the local landowners for legal costs who took legal action to stop the development.

Take Adamson case and fees he would be WISE to not ignore the paperwork and simply fight it out. He will win we do not have a police system that works for some for "free" and others who must "pay"

If that were the case how about billing all those G20 protesters :lol:

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

LOL.... he's the clown who opened his restaurant in defiance of the shut down order. Then they found out that his restaurant also wasn't licensed or inspected. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

amazing how much mis information is out there. 

Good on Adam. Small business is the lifeblood of this country and good luck to our children of we let them kill it all.

Surely you're not disputing this are you? Toronto Star...look it up...

"Over the past four years, Skelly and his corporation have been convicted for operating without a licence a total of three times: Once in March of 2017, once in December of 2017 and once in September of 2019." Ribs and roaches combo plate this week...

6 hours ago, stoney said:

He sure does not fit the model for what is he doing or be a perfect person, but I am rooting for him, not solely for his benefit, but for so many others not willing to take it this far.....clearly based on the go fund me, there is a large number that also support it.

Citizens! To the barricades! oooops....donate to my Just Fund Me page....it's great how there are a cluster of useful idiots who's first response is to throw away money without any idea as to where it is going to be spent.

Did you know that 3/4 of the money donated by such means for the Malaysian tsumami or the earth quake in Haiti was never spent? Funny eh? It was a natural disaster and ....there was no place to buy anything! The only legitimate helpers were military support such as Canada's D.A.R.T. and the Red Cross who came equipped with the proper disaster relief. For other relief orgs, it was a good occasion to take pictures of their tents and white SUV's for future publicity. Kind of like the commercial...Woodstock festival! Tampax was there. Facts. No charts.

Now what was that Spiderman was saying about the blind following the blind....people blindly following whatever...whatever. Here's hoping Mr. Skelly is soon behind bars humming "I fought the law and the law won".

• Thanks 3

Skelly openly admitted to the fines for his biz over the years and no license, not something that is hidden.

I agree with the go fund me stuff, there is no guarantee the money people donate will be used for the intended purpose, it could go to something else, kind of like the scam of the homeless person that drives a nice high end car, but begs on the street.

I recall reading something about that thought or question in the comments section of the go fund me for him a while ago (taking the money and running), do not recall what was actually said or stated though. 

I still hope that he is successful with this and I am rooting for him!

36 minutes ago, slomo said:

Surely you're not disputing this are you? Toronto Star...look it up...

"Over the past four years, Skelly and his corporation have been convicted for operating without a licence a total of three times: Once in March of 2017, once in December of 2017 and once in September of 2019." Ribs and roaches combo plate this week...

Citizens! To the barricades! oooops....donate to my Just Fund Me page....it's great how there are a cluster of useful idiots who's first response is to throw away money without any idea as to where it is going to be spent.

Did you know that 3/4 of the money donated by such means for the Malaysian tsumami or the earth quake in Haiti was never spent? Funny eh? It was a natural disaster and ....there was no place to buy anything! The only legitimate helpers were military support such as Canada's D.A.R.T. and the Red Cross who came equipped with the proper disaster relief. For other relief orgs, it was a good occasion to take pictures of their tents and white SUV's for future publicity. Kind of like the commercial...Woodstock festival! Tampax was there. Facts. No charts.

Now what was that Spiderman was saying about the blind following the blind....people blindly following whatever...whatever. Here's hoping Mr. Skelly is soon behind bars humming "I fought the law and the law won".

The just fund me page didnt solely go to Skelly it went as a legal fund for everyone fighting this unlawful lock down. You can look that up.

And also you can say what you want but I suggest that in the world of laws that 

the nazis and the Soviet Union were on the side of the law and not the victims who were trampled with them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

The just fund me page didnt solely go to Skelly it went as a legal fund for everyone fighting this unlawful lock down. You can look that up.

And also you can say what you want but I suggest that in the world of laws that 

the nazis and the Soviet Union were on the side of the law and not the victims who were trampled with them.

Skelly is an entrepreneur who is taking far more risks than anyone who is condemning him.  That's all you need to know.  

Koodoos to him and his supporters.