State of emergency declared

Puggz

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2021 at 9:40 AM, Spiderman said:

The BIGGEST demographic of people I have seen who are "pro" lockdown are retired individuals, those already on government assistance, and those with no kids and disruption to work 

The rest of the poplulation, have had enough of it.

I don't support it - at any level.

I am speaking out for the sake of my children's future.

They are losing out on so much, they are suffering, and the ones who are pro lockdown have not a care in the world and this will have ZERO affect on them.

I have lost a very significant income as a result of COVID. I was in Manhattan Mar 9/10 then shut down. We will survive but my health and that of others is worth much more.

27 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I have lost a very significant income as a result of COVID. I was in Manhattan Mar 9/10 then shut down. We will survive but my health and that of others is worth much more.

Sorry to hear that, truthfully, but we will agree to disagree as to what is worth what.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

That's your choice O2.  I'm sure you continued to pay all your employees during this self reckoning/reflection period.

I never stopped.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Aren’t you Retired from first career and working on second one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's your choice O2.  I'm sure you continued to pay all your employees during this self reckoning/reflection period.

I never stopped.

The data centres which I would have been visiting are essentially locked down and restricting access to their key personnel that actually need to be onsite. Their logical support teams have typically been working from home, using the people onsite as smart hands walking them through what to do and only going in when absolutely necessary. My visits have been deferred and are building quite a backlog.

25 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Aren’t you Retired from first career and working on second one?

Yeah... I tried retirement and couldn't do it. Summer was okay with the boat and fishing, winter was okay when I could sled but the time in between I was going stir crazy so I went to work for myself. 2019 I saw 35 different US cities. Jan 1 to Mar 10 2020 was putting a real kink in my winter with travel to 17 US cities and 2 Canadian. This virus is driving me crazy. The highlight of my day is taking the dog for his early walk then the park to play with a half dozen other dogs in the afternoon.

30 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

The data centres which I would have been visiting are essentially locked down and restricting access to their key personnel that actually need to be onsite. Their logical support teams have typically been working from home, using the people onsite as smart hands walking them through what to do and only going in when absolutely necessary. My visits have been deferred and are building quite a backlog.

Yeah... I tried retirement and couldn't do it. Summer was okay with the boat and fishing, winter was okay when I could sled but the time in between I was going stir crazy so I went to work for myself. 2019 I saw 35 different US cities. Jan 1 to Mar 10 2020 was putting a real kink in my winter with travel to 17 US cities and 2 Canadian. This virus is driving me crazy. The highlight of my day is taking the dog for his early walk then the park to play with a half dozen other dogs in the afternoon.

Hopefully the dogs are wearing masks and social distancing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

So how is that essential and how would you expect to be allowed to cross the border when basically anyone else can fill the void that one can basically bail from?

So let's pretend to have an actual real project, say several million in equipment infrastructure and specialized intellectual property and you are half way through procurement and deliverables.  There isn't anyone else you can send to commission this project and so it requires on-site support.  What do you do in the middle of Covid?

Fyi, this is my world.

• Like 1

PRC tests creating many false positives.  No way.

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

• Thanks 1

Some sanity from this insanity.

German Judge says Covid restrictions unconstitutional based on data.   

Some info from the link.  No different than the flu.

The death statistics paint a similar picture . According to a special evaluation by the Federal Statistical Office, 484,429 people died in Germany in the first half of 2020, 479,415 in the first half of 2019, 501,391 in 2018, 488,147 in 2017 and 461,055 in 2016. In both 2017 and 2018 there were more deaths in the first half of the year than in 2020.

The horror prognoses, which significantly influenced the decision about the lockdown in the spring, ... were also based on misconceptions about the lethality of the virus (so-called infection fatality rate = IFR) and about an existing or missing basic immunity against the virus in the population .. .. According to a meta study by the medical scientist and statistician John Ioannidis, one of the most cited scientists worldwide, published in a WHO bulletin in October, the median mortality is 0.27%, corrected 0.23% and is therefore no higher than in moderate influenza epidemics.

https://2020news.de/amtsrichter-in-weimar-corona-vo-verfassungswidrig/

On 1/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Maybe they should have stayed home. :wtf:

maybe everyone should:crazy:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

I do. But unfortunately i work. And also need my mental exercise.  Which harms no one.  Other then me and me wife.  :D We follow all the protocols.  We ride responsibly...Fueling and paying at pumps, for the sleds, and not going in anywhere.  I feel I don't need to explain myself any further.  But thanks. 

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I do. But unfortunately i work. And also need my mental exercise.  Which harms no one.  Other then me and me wife.  :D We follow all the protocols.  We ride responsibly...Fueling and paying at pumps, for the sleds, and not going in anywhere.  I feel I don't need to explain myself any further.  But thanks. 

The mental exercise is real TD. Other that taking my wife to physio once and going for groceries and to the mailbox, I haven't been away from home since boxing day. The ride today has improved my attitude immensly.  Paid for gas at the pump and stayed a sled length from the 2 guys I was riding with. Everyone deserves some type of break for their own good. JMHO

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The mental exercise is real TD. Other that taking my wife to physio once and going for groceries and to the mailbox, I haven't been away from home since boxing day. The ride today has improved my attitude immensly.  Paid for gas at the pump and stayed a sled length from the 2 guys I was riding with. Everyone deserves some type of break for their own good. JMHO

Agreed. I think after the new snow this week, and the cooler temps, gonna be a good Friday, and Saturday of riding...Woot, Woot...

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed. I think after the new snow this week, and the cooler temps, gonna be a good Friday, and Saturday of riding...Woot, Woot...

11 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Where you ride today? 

11 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Where you ride today? 

Northeast and Southwest

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

must because of all the sledders staying home  STFU! Open the trails. 

image.thumb.png.4504fe675cf087d96c7f68973ce75f5d.png

Too soon since the shut down to suggest the trail shut down is the cause.....but it will suit the agenda to suggest that of those on that side of the fence.....:crazy_grn:

4 hours ago, 700king q said:

More doctors stepping forward in support of Baber

2494635684885602361.jpg

2494635684868799521.jpg

Other than trying to carry on with life as much as we can, seeing this sort of thing brings a smile to my face :)

Need to keep fueling the fight to put an end to the insanity.

Protect & support those that need or want it and provide the tools to those that need to support the people that would like to be placed in a protective bubble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stoney said:

Too soon since the shut down to suggest the trail shut down is the cause.....but it will suit the agenda to suggest that of those on that side of the fence.....:crazy_grn:

I was being facetious about suggesting that the trail closure has anything to do with this. I am suggesting that the called closure by the dipshit in NB has no basis in fact. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I support you or those with similar mindsets to be 100% isolated from life until you feel it is safe to come outside.

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Amen.....and no need to justify or explain what you do or hide it, like so many feel right now, that I need to keep what I am doing a secret....:ssh:

Just be responsible.....that I think more are than are not.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It is HUMAN NATURE to enjoy the things we do & works so hard for, it is how we are wired (most of us).....take that away, and "Bell Let's Talk" will need a whole lot more support!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I was being facetious about suggesting that the trail closure has anything to do with this. I am suggesting that the called closure by the dipshit in NB has no basis in fact. 

LOL....ya I know.....I agree with you vs. the people on the other side of the fence who might actual think the numbers being a result of the trail shut down - too soon to make the connection between catching it, showing signs, deciding to get tested and than getting the results.