State of emergency declared

Puggz

40 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

So he is a certified pathologist, good.

He also said masks are useless since the virus transmits mostly via aerosol.  The virus is 80nm so that would be the equivalent of trying to stop a fly using a chain link fence whos links are about 100m.  The masks are useless.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Its a miracle.

25 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So he is a certified pathologist, good.

Yea seems like he never misrepresented his credentials, others for some reason did. Either way it doesn't do anyone favours

4 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

396 people in ICU WITH covid not from covid and the numbers been steady for upwards of a month.....................396 in a province of 14.5 million.......

you  can stay home if you wish. I support you.

Maybe you should follow my brother and spouse around for a day...front line workers. And this Summit news quote looks really credible. Masks are useless.. great news! ...I guess they can work in operating rooms without them now...I'm sure your advice will be appreciated as they won't need the extra O.R .nurse to wipe brows or handle instruments...wow...you guys are money savers! Just close your eyes and imagine your lungs filling with water....that's it...filling with water....calm....calm...calm....

UTS - how about some advice geared on something you know about....keeping a good supply of clean air in your house or office...good filters available?  Air exchanges? Hey insurance guy...any thing we should be looking into during these risky times? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, slomo said:

Situation: virus is spread through human contact in aerosal form
Main and only goal: stop the spread of virus
Result: keep people apart
Best Method: lockdown

All other arguments - percentage of those who die, mental health issues, socio economic factors (social justice crap), divorce rates, economy, your loss of "rights", your perceived "loss of rights", your entitlements or those of anyone else, blah, blah, blah, etc. simply do not apply as they are:

Goal achievement adverse.

There are a multitude of medical experts whose knowledge is up to date - comparing the effects of sars to covid19?? not even close...FFS.. come on. - they are on this new thing called television. Look them up.

Looking forward to all the constitutional challenges.

And who's paying for that? Looking forward to a COVID tax are ya?

Scared? Stay home and destroy your own future, no ones stopping you. People need to stop projecting their hang-ups and fears onto everyone else.

50 minutes ago, 700king q said:

And who's paying for that? Looking forward to a COVID tax are ya?

Scared? Stay home and destroy your own future, no ones stopping you. People need to stop projecting their hang-ups and fears onto everyone else.

If speaking out and questioning things benefits the well being of my children's education, mental state, physical state, future, and gets those of us willing to live in this world, as safely as we can back to normal, then I shall.

I agree, if you're not comfortable or worried, then stay home - I will happily take my health and protection of myself into my own hands.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Maybe you should follow my brother and spouse around for a day...front line workers. And this Summit news quote looks really credible. Masks are useless.. great news! ...I guess they can work in operating rooms without them now...I'm sure your advice will be appreciated as they won't need the extra O.R .nurse to wipe brows or handle instruments...wow...you guys are money savers! Just close your eyes and imagine your lungs filling with water....that's it...filling with water....calm....calm...calm....

UTS - how about some advice geared on something you know about....keeping a good supply of clean air in your house or office...good filters available?  Air exchanges? Hey insurance guy...any thing we should be looking into during these risky times? 

Well said.

One of our friends is a nurse at RVH in Barrie... her, the doctors and other nurses are getting worn out but of course the virus and the stress on the healthcare system is a hoax. I guess someone should tell the doctor that's living in their motorhome in the driveway around the corner from us to be sure he doesn't bring anything home to his family it's all a waste since the virus is a hoax.

Thankfully we have all those front line workers.  

• Like 3

I've only got one life to live, and I don't think I'll spend it in hiding. 

Everyone seems to have an opinion, a saviour, a solution.

A vaccine.

This is evolution. 

A lot of what's going on makes no sense, and I thank those of us concerned enough to ask questions, and condemn those who feel it's OK to shut down questions and opinions of dissent.

We need strong intelligent leadership that makes sense right now, and anyone who believes we're getting it has lost my attention.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, 700king q said:

Scared? Stay home and destroy your own future, no ones stopping you. 

? stupid :crazy:

12 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I agree, if you're not comfortable or worried, then stay home - I will happily take my health and protection of myself into my own hands.

Scared has nothing to do with this - it is strength of character .....as no one can be 100% sure they are not carrying the virus, it is staying home and keeping minimal contact with people so that others are not infected. (including yourself if that feeds your self entitled nature)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, slomo said:

Scared has nothing to do with this - it is strength of character .....as no one can be 100% sure they are not carrying the virus, it is staying home and keeping minimal contact with people so that others are not infected. (including yourself if that feeds your self entitled nature)

That's what your masks are supposed to be for - wear it, or stay home.

Stop with the drama, if we both went into the hospital at the same time and both needed life saving medical care, but only 1 could get it, do not pretend you are going to give up your spot for me, you wouldn't, and this is no different, it's about protecting yourself first, by doing so, you are helping others, nothing more.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, slomo said:

The PPE they wear in the hospitals and what we are wearing as masks are not even comparable.  Not even close.

Good grief.

Saw this today and it really speaks for many what this meritless lockdown nonsense is based on.  I wonder how many support lockdowns based on their incomes being maintained?

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Saw this today and it really speaks for many what this meritless lockdown nonsense is based on.  I wonder how many support lockdowns based on their incomes being maintained?

The BIGGEST demographic of people I have seen who are "pro" lockdown are retired individuals, those already on government assistance, and those with no kids and disruption to work 

The rest of the poplulation, have had enough of it.

I don't support it - at any level.

I am speaking out for the sake of my children's future.

They are losing out on so much, they are suffering, and the ones who are pro lockdown have not a care in the world and this will have ZERO affect on them.

• Like 2

Hmmm, what could be the common denominator?

Hint, its not from Covid.

18 hours ago, slomo said:

So because you supposedly think I dont have second hand knowledge from a relative or friend I should stay in my lane and stick to my profession? Thats the greatest thing about living in these times. Im allowed an opinion and unlike many on here and in the world I try and base it on facts. Facts that are readily published by our government and healthcare regions as well as proper and well accredited articles.

That being said I also have first hand knowledge of the situation and can unequivocally account that any sort of ICU overload is not and had not been because of Covid. Hallway healthcare was a huge issue for years and was a strict election issue with our esteemed yet ineffective premier. I had experienced it at Credit Valley two years ago and was shocked at the state of the system. 

Now despite all that it comes down to this for me. They ICU's are not overflowing with covid patients, (the hospitals themselves tell me this) The Covid virus is no more prevalent than the common flu or cold, ( the hospitalisation and annual death rates tell me this) The mere facts stats that we have 1500 in the hospital (with Covid and not from Covid) with a census data number of 14.5 million residents and we are killing our economy over that is a crime that is more serious than Covid based policy that we have now. 

BTW anyone seen the Flu? Seems to be missing.

1 minute ago, Spiderman said:

The BIGGEST demographic of people I have seen who are "pro" lockdown are retired individuals, those already on government assistance, and those with no kids and disruption to work 

The rest of the poplulation, have had enough of it.

I don't support it - at any level.

I am speaking out for the sake of my children's future.

They are losing out on so much, they are suffering, and the ones who are pro lockdown have not a care in the world and this will have ZERO affect on them.

Government employees of which we have added thousands over the last few years.

• Like 3

I maintain that if  our government and every single person on the public payroll were granted the CRB "benefit" in lieu of a salary the edicts would be a LOT different.

It would be pretty hard to lead a province/country into battle while you were being fragged by your own troops.

It's a simple task to convince everyone they were doing the "right" thing while none were financially affected.

Ever sit in on a union meeting?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

So because you supposedly think I dont have second hand knowledge from a relative or friend I should stay in my lane and stick to my profession? Thats the greatest thing about living in these times. Im allowed an opinion and unlike many on here and in the world I try and base it on facts. Facts that are readily published by our government and healthcare regions as well as proper and well accredited articles.

That being said I also have first hand knowledge of the situation and can unequivocally account that any sort of ICU overload is not and had not been because of Covid. Hallway healthcare was a huge issue for years and was a strict election issue with our esteemed yet ineffective premier. I had experienced it at Credit Valley two years ago and was shocked at the state of the system. 

Now despite all that it comes down to this for me. They ICU's are not overflowing with covid patients, (the hospitals themselves tell me this) The Covid virus is no more prevalent than the common flu or cold, ( the hospitalisation and annual death rates tell me this) The mere facts stats that we have 1500 in the hospital (with Covid and not from Covid) with a census data number of 14.5 million residents and we are killing our economy over that is a crime that is more serious than Covid based policy that we have now. 

BTW anyone seen the Flu? Seems to be missing.

Government employees of which we have added thousands over the last few years.

I have said it and I will say it again.  Save for the health workers, lay off the entire public sector without pay and this nonsense and any justification ends.

edit:  My dad when he was still alive (a few years ago) spent several days in the hallway of Mississauga hospital.  It was more the norm than the exception, so the thought that our hospitals are overloaded today is rather comical.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

5 hours ago, slomo said:

Any Facts to back that up or is it just another typical response from another non free thinking lockdown advocate?

8 minutes ago, 700king q said:

Any Facts to back that up or is it just another typical response from another non free thinking lockdown advocate?

To back up Slomo he is a very intelligent guy and a thoughtful sledder dedicated to our sport. Whats sad about our world today is the lack of debate. We usually see an insult led emotionally driven tirade by both sides.  Any response should and would be welcomed by anyone.

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have said it and I will say it again.  Save for the health workers, lay off the entire public sector without pay and this nonsense and any justification ends.

edit:  My dad when he was still alive (a few years ago) spent several days in the hallway of Mississauga hospital.  It was more the norm than the exception, so the thought that our hospitals are overloaded today is rather comical.

Yes Credit valley was in one word horrific when  my Dad went through the cancer ward there. What in reality is the real issue wont and cant be discussed as its a point that will be non politically correct. 

5 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

To back up Slomo he is a very intelligent guy and a thoughtful sledder dedicated to our sport. Whats sad about our world today is the lack of debate. We usually see an insult led emotionally driven tirade by both sides.  Any response should and would be welcomed by anyone.

Yes Credit valley was in one word horrific when  my Dad went through the cancer ward there. What in reality is the real issue wont and cant be discussed as its a point that will be non politically correct. 

This wasn't Credit, it was Trilium at #10/Queensway and it was over a few years.  Took my mom to emerg about a month ago and it was dead.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

AC, bite your tongue . A friend of mine was telling me awhile ago that one of his three public sector working daughters terrified of catching Covid at work was told to go home by her supervisor as stress would affect her work  Within two weeks his other two were resting comfortably in their homes, all three on paid leave. These ladies were office workers not frontline workers. One thing for certain, the private sector in this province will have a hard time sustaining this overpaid, underworked sector. The province seems to be functioning with multitudes of it workers on paid leave. Time to cull the trough feeders 

• Like 3