State of emergency declared

Puggz

14 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Travel is permitted.......read the regulation update.

Can you please post it so that we can read it. I  googled but couldn't find what you are talking about. Thanks in advance.

https://files.ontario.ca/solgen-stay-at-home-order-2021-01-13.pdf

Says you can leave your house and travel for exercise, including items open ( snowmobiling )

nothing here about distances, etc. 

that said, could be in the rules for stage 1, which I would have to go and read.

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

A construction crew installing utility lines outside were fined $800/man this week.  6 guys all fined by ministry of labour.  Not one  of the guys  had a issue with the distances they were working at.  All being paid what they accepted for their job.   

And their employer was making the money they wanted.   All profiting.   But all fined!   Why?

Do you have more info on why they were fined?

Either there is more to the story or something does not add up......or fines being issued that should not be, not a huge surprise....

57 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Try travelling with a sled trailer. Beacon to the cops to pull you over. Non essential travel. Results probably in a ticket. 

There seems to be a gray area for sure in all of this, for now......

Driving alone or in your bubble to ride a sled outdoors and no places to eat inside, really has very little risk and no reason not to allow it.....but we will see.

As for fines, we all know there will be fines issued, no doubt about that, we also know with the the past lock downs and now this one, the court system is already even more behind than they already were.

I suspect most people who might get fined will opt to fight in court, at least they should be IMO, which I have a hard time believing many of them will make it to court given the above - but that is just my initial thoughts on this.

Case and point is the vehicle stickers and the notice that was issued that people did not need to renew during these difficult times, but yet police still issued tickets due to lack of being kept informed, that unless you just paid the fine, that had no business being issued in the first place, would have ended up not needing to be paid.

I even thought there was something reported to the effect of a judge basically telling the police services to smarten up and not waste already precious time for the incidents that this surrounded this. 

Edited by stoney
  • Thanks 1

I read the stage 1, says nothing about travelling.

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200082

that language maybe is in the "grey lockdown" wording, but we aren't in that anymore, Ford re-implemented the Emergency Act, so that is the ruling regulation, what I see, as it's written, I can drive anywhere for my essential exercise.

cheers

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

https://files.ontario.ca/solgen-stay-at-home-order-2021-01-13.pdf

Says you can leave your house and travel for exercise, including items open ( snowmobiling )

nothing here about distances, etc. 

that said, could be in the rules for stage 1, which I would have to go and read.

3 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I read the stage 1, says nothing about travelling.

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200082

that language maybe is in the "grey lockdown" wording, but we aren't in that anymore, Ford re-implemented the Emergency Act, so that is the ruling regulation, what I see, as it's written, I can drive anywhere for my essential exercise.

cheers

You are a good man, Spidy! :right_on:

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Do you have more info on why they were fined?

Either there is more to the story or something does not add up......or fines being issued that should not be, not a huge surprise....

There seems to be a gray area for sure in all of this, for now......

Driving alone or in your bubble to ride a sled outdoors and no places to eat inside, really has very little risk and no reason not to allow it.....but we will see.

@stoney You've probably already seen this,:

My post over @ FS:

After reading the posts, I was talking to the neighbour at our woodlot on Sat' & said that I'd had the sled out on the property. 

Neighbour: Did you hear what happened in Tweed?

Me (expecting news of a sledding fatality): No was there an accident?

Neighbour: No apparently they're fining and turning people around with snowmobile trailers.

Me: I'm not sure if that's legit or not (and I told him what you had said.

I'm guessing Tweed is in you territory Sean? This is getting really stupid. A lot of these 'I heard it from a cousin who's friend told him he saw it on Faceplant' stories...

Turns out the OPP officer over there was on duty & no tickets were handed out.

On the bold, X 1,000,000

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

@stoney You've probably already seen this,:

My post over @ FS:

Turns out the OPP officer over there was on duty & no tickets were handed out.

On the bold, X 1,000,000

Yep, saw that the other day....just crazy people doing stupid things in light of the current times we are dealing with.

I assume you saw this from Sean (OPP SAVE officer) as well than from earlier today:

"The latest from OFSC

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ofsc.on.ca/2021/01/13/no-change-for-ofsc-snowmobile-trails-at-this-time/__;!!ABXyrcI!d_5m4cSF8YAk49Aw06fTm6pmiARd2vFlu4Uzm1DN6nRl8b0NZyCJsVhjxOYSj-ogSC_t$

The OPP will continue to treat the trails as normal operations.  There will be scrutiny on groups of more than 5. But expect education, not enforcement. 

Closed trails, helmets, no trail pass and aftermarket exhaust will continue to be high priority items for enforcement. 

Sean"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, gobills said:

How aren't we at a tipping point? 

There is not enough staff for this, nurses are overwhelmed hospitals are overwhelmed.  They are going to have to make decisions soon on who lives and who dies. People that are needing surgeries are being put off due to lack of resources due to lack of doctors, beds etc.

i have shown you data that is completely contradictory to that statement. Its up dated again today and its less than before. So if you have anything other than emotional rhetoric please show it.

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

Yep, saw that the other day....just crazy people doing stupid things in light of the current times we are dealing with.

I assume you saw this from Sean (OPP SAVE officer) as well than from earlier today:

"The latest from OFSC

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ofsc.on.ca/2021/01/13/no-change-for-ofsc-snowmobile-trails-at-this-time/__;!!ABXyrcI!d_5m4cSF8YAk49Aw06fTm6pmiARd2vFlu4Uzm1DN6nRl8b0NZyCJsVhjxOYSj-ogSC_t$

The OPP will continue to treat the trails as normal operations.  There will be scrutiny on groups of more than 5. But expect education, not enforcement. 

Closed trails, helmets, no trail pass and aftermarket exhaust will continue to be high priority items for enforcement. 

Sean"

Good! 

So i read the new regulations and their mandate. 

Its states that anyone can travel to their secondary residence if they "intend" not must to stay for less than 24 hours AND participate in another of the following allowable items

such as :

exercise from an allowable under the Section 1 order physical activity. So if you have a cottage you can legally go up to snowmobile and come back..........

• Like 1

Just went out to grab my coffee as well passed by Simcoe to have a look.

I would say it is a bit quieter out, but not really a great deal.

Simcoe was still busy for a weekday as well.

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I have nothing good to say about anything right now. :ph34r:...

I was starting to wonder if you went off the deep end actually when the expected finally happened....

Me thinks you have lots to say, but biting your tongue.

30 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I have nothing good to say about anything right now. :ph34r:...

Welcome back TD! I was wondering if you had decided to go sleddin before lockdown.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I was starting to wonder if you went off the deep end actually when the expected finally happened....

Me thinks you have lots to say, but biting your tongue.

58 minutes ago, T bird said:

X2

52 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Welcome back TD! I was wondering if you had decided to go sleddin before lockdown.

:angry-smiley-005:....Serenity now...

On 1/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Its literally too bad that those numbers are incorrect. 

I checked the website as of right now WDG health has 6 covid cases in the hospitals in total. So we can cut the emotional rhetoric and get down brass tacks. If you take the six cases in the hospital and then add the number 8 beds they say are available that means that they are well below 50%. Now keep in mind the 6 cases in the hopsitals are with covid not in ICU. You have 407 active cases in total............so if 14 Beds for patiemts ICU are your  total, then whats the real issue.

all right here. 

Status of Cases in WDG | WDG Public Health

By the way the 14 day average has been steadily decreases province wide so why the lockdown now?

This is the UK and they are much worse than us.  Total ICU cases are static, but covid now accounts for half.  Total BS.

5 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

So i read the new regulations and their mandate. 

Its states that anyone can travel to their secondary residence if they "intend" not must to stay for less than 24 hours AND participate in another of the following allowable items

such as :

exercise from an allowable under the Section 1 order physical activity. So if you have a cottage you can legally go up to snowmobile and come back..........

Or you can go to the secondary residence if you are staying 14 days or more. That is stated in the same item 16 of the Stay-At-Home Order, that allows the less than 24 hour visit. 

1 minute ago, tricky said:

Or you can go to the secondary residence if you are staying 14 days or more. That is stated in the same item 16 of the Stay-At-Home Order, that allows the less than 24 hour visit. 

it actually states "if you intend" not have to . So your not in quarantine. 

The less than 24 hour visit must be accompanied by a reason stated on the order as being permissible as well but . The 14 day visit does  does not.

That being said the stay at home order is a regulation filed by an "order in council" so it in no way supercedes the Constitution and in reality has no teeth in a court battle. Likely why they set up the order to be as vague and open to "interpretation" as possible,

Just my 2 cents on the last part.