State of emergency declared

Puggz

10 minutes ago, Yukon said:

Kinda like the 90 bed field hospital that was erected in Burlington, that is being used for covid patients that no longer require icu but still need to recover?

Yup - set-up quickly and had zero patients until now.

How about one in the West, three in Central - one in the east - a couple in the north?

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The reality is that patients are being moved to make some room in ICU units in hospitals that have full or close to full ICU units in high covid case areas. If any of us had a family member or friend that happened to have a terrible accident in one of the high Covid 19 areas or any area for that matter and needed to be in an ICU bed I'm certain all of us would want a bed to be available for them. On the local evening news last night, they gave numbers of ICU beds that were available at city hospitals in our area (Guelph, KW, Cambridge). One had 3, and three had 2 ICU beds available with 3 patients having already been transferred from the Toronto area and more expected.

Its literally too bad that those numbers are incorrect. 

I checked the website as of right now WDG health has 6 covid cases in the hospitals in total. So we can cut the emotional rhetoric and get down brass tacks. If you take the six cases in the hospital and then add the number 8 beds they say are available that means that they are well below 50%. Now keep in mind the 6 cases in the hopsitals are with covid not in ICU. You have 407 active cases in total............so if 14 Beds for patiemts ICU are your  total, then whats the real issue.

all right here. 

Status of Cases in WDG | WDG Public Health

By the way the 14 day average has been steadily decreases province wide so why the lockdown now?

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

So you believe they could have built more hospital rooms, produced more doctors and nurses in massive numbers in 8 months. They ramped up and have increased the availability of ventilators and PPE to meet the demand very quickly with the cooperation from businesses but the rooms, doctors and nurses can't happen that quickly.

Thats exactly what Ford announced many times over the last ten months and never did.

28 minutes ago, Yukon said:

Kinda like the 90 bed field hospital that was erected in Burlington, that is being used for covid patients that no longer require icu but still need to recover?

What a waste. I love when they announced the other day it was now open to receive new covid patients.............its been open for 8 months.

3 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Waste or pro-active approach? I believe we are going to see the need for it shortly. Better than reacting to it to late. Like we are seeing...

Edited by Yukon
Added info

18 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Yup - set-up quickly and had zero patients until now.

How about one in the West, three in Central - one in the east - a couple in the north?

Jospeh brant has 12 active covid cases, in that facility alone its a 73 bed facility. How are we nearing (checks notes) a scary tipping point?

Just now, Yukon said:

Waste or pro-active approach? I believe was are going to see the need for it shortly. Better than reacting to it to late. Like we are seeing...

I see the good in putting it up but it sat empty for 8 months and even today i bet it has 4 patients in it. Ill check for the info

36 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

hen add the number 8 beds they say are available that means that they are well below 50%.

And yet the same website you quoted ( Status of Cases in WDG | WDG Public Health ) states that the intensive care occupancy 7 day moving average as of Monday January11/21 is  86.8%.   It should also be noted that WDG health includes more hospitals than were named in the news report I wrote about (10 total I believe) and all those hospitals may or may not keep Covid patients on an ongoing basis. Who's right?

21 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

And yet the same website you quoted ( Status of Cases in WDG | WDG Public Health ) states that the intensive care occupancy 7 day moving average as of Monday January11/21 is  86.8%.   It should also be noted that WDG health includes more hospitals than were named in the news report I wrote about (10 total I believe) and all those hospitals may or may not keep Covid patients on an ongoing basis. Who's right?

i addressed that if the total capacity is 14 then we know where the problem lies

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I am out of likes for today so... well said... just like Horvath who criticised everything from day one but hasn't offered up one single alternative solution

Thank you 02, no need for likes. This entire situation is not a "like" one. Is there an F'in sucks emoji you can share? Everyone has their options, my opinion is not to listen to side line coaches in any situation. Oh wait I just did, damn spider got me; work, life, relationships or COVID I do not wish for such people.

I know I am frustrated, fatigued, unrest; miss my daughter, my friends. However I would miss them way more if COVID took them or even placed them in a crisis situation. I do my part; mask, clean hands, keep my distance and too my bubble. I listen to what the government says then work their rules of the game into my daily life.  I do this without judgement or prejudice but with a clear understanding so I may go about life best as possible.

It sucks not to ride where I want or who I want to ride with. But damn!!! it felt good to squeeze the throttle on the lake where I live.

In the meantime....keep safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yukon said:

Waste or pro-active approach? I believe we are going to see the need for it shortly. Better than reacting to it to late. Like we are seeing...

Pro active is right!  Fyi its 73 beds in there.

5 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Jospeh brant has 12 active covid cases, in that facility alone its a 73 bed facility. How are we nearing (checks notes) a scary tipping point?

How aren't we at a tipping point? 

There is not enough staff for this, nurses are overwhelmed hospitals are overwhelmed.  They are going to have to make decisions soon on who lives and who dies. People that are needing surgeries are being put off due to lack of resources due to lack of doctors, beds etc.

Why are professional sports teams not required to wear masks of some sort?  They are far from social Distancing.  They are huffing and puffing on each other!

Full face shield?

Cloth mask?

They want to get everyone on board then have the big sports stars endorse the rules.  The people who are idolized need to set examples not be exceptions.  

Do do you think kids will take social distancing serious when the big stars don’t?

10 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Why are professional sports teams not required to wear masks of some sort?  They are far from social Distancing.  They are huffing and puffing on each other!

Full face shield?

Cloth mask?

They want to get everyone on board then have the big sports stars endorse the rules.  The people who are idolized need to set examples not be exceptions.  

Do do you think kids will take social distancing serious when the big stars don’t?

Most of them are on a strict testing cycle of once per day. One of the ladies who is doing testing at my work now mentioned she was testing all the maple leaf players in the previous nhl bubble everyday.

test is apparently 98% accurate - so “risk” of any transmittal is “low” - though I agree doesn’t look good for others to look at/emulate.

Just now, ecarnell said:

Most of them are on a strict testing cycle of once per day. One of the ladies who is doing testing at my work now mentioned she was testing all the maple leaf players in the previous nhl bubble everyday.

test is apparently 98% accurate - so “risk” of any transmittal is “low” - though I agree doesn’t look good for others to look at/emulate.

To me it doesn’t matter if they are tested hourly.

Are they all living in a bubble?  No.  

It’s all about Optics.   

19 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Full face shield?

Cloth mask?

Cause they are tested daily and you can not perform at that level with masks on.

glad they are not wearing them.

4 minutes ago, Sksman said:

To me it doesn’t matter if they are tested hourly.

Are they all living in a bubble?  No.  

It’s all about Optics.   

Sort of bubbled, they have tougher restrictions than we do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Cause they are tested daily and you can not perform at that level with masks on.

glad they are not wearing them.

At this stage it’s not about how well you can do your job wearing a mask is it?    There are a lot of people forced into wearing masks whose performance maybe reduced or are uncomfortable wearing a mask at work.   

Either we are all in this together or we are not!  

Professional sports is not a essential service.  They are not necessary. They can wear masks as an example or don’t play!    

Or do we give exemptions to everyone?  Or just the rich?   Or the politicians?   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sksman said:

At this stage it’s not about how well you can do your job wearing a mask is it?    There are a lot of people forced into wearing masks whose performance maybe reduced or are uncomfortable wearing a mask at work.   

Either we are all in this together or we are not!  

Professional sports is not a essential service.  They are not necessary. They can wear masks as an example or don’t play!    

Or do we give exemptions to everyone?  Or just the rich?   Or the politicians?   

If I own the team and pay you 8 million a season, you bet it is. I want wins, I want performance, take the cloth of your face.

if your employer has chosen to force you to wear a mask, they made that call, you have rights and you have options.

we have never been in this all together, it's a nice tag line, but it's never been true and never will be

i am glad professional sports are going, it's time to return to normal, they are as necessary as anyone working and they can also not wear masks and lead by example how other efforts can be successful.

• Like 1

The winter is tough enough.....we need hockey for our sanity. They are testing very tightly and with protocols.  And league paying for it.   Im glad they are playing !!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

If I own the team and pay you 8 million a season, you bet it is. I want wins, I want performance, take the cloth of your face.

if your employer has chosen to force you to wear a mask, they made that call, you have rights and you have options.

we have never been in this all together, it's a nice tag line, but it's never been true and never will be

i am glad professional sports are going, it's time to return to normal, they are as necessary as anyone working and they can also not wear masks and lead by example how other efforts can be successful.

So it’s all about profit and money yet a restaurant can’t open for willing customers?   

A construction crew installing utility lines outside were fined $800/man this week.  6 guys all fined by ministry of labour.  Not one  of the guys  had a issue with the distances they were working at.  All being paid what they accepted for their job.   

And their employer was making the money they wanted.   All profiting.   But all fined!   Why?

What’s the difference?  You said it’s not an issue if my employer doesn’t mandate a mask.

We better shutdown Most of our economy for safety and better good of all citizens but  the rich role models can play professional sports and teach all their fans not to social distance and not to worry about being close to each other.   

Its not not about how good they can or cannot play the game it’s about educating those to young or those Not capable of grasping or understanding  the concepts of social distancing.

A lot of people will never buy into things if politicians and sports stars live by different standards.

Try travelling with a sled trailer. Beacon to the cops to pull you over. Non essential travel. Results probably in a ticket. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Try travelling with a sled trailer. Beacon to the cops to pull you over. Non essential travel. Results probably in a ticket. 

Travel is permitted.......read the regulation update.

it is so confusing. snowmobiling is permitted , no question asked; however, traveling from your area to another is not 

Edited by volsla
grammar

Just now, zoso said:

Travel within Ontario

• Stay home. Travel outside your region should be limited to only essential purposes

Which is snowmobiling.

If you look further into the orders short term rentals are out as well which cancels any overnight trips.

Cochrane is a little far to drive for a day trip.