State of emergency declared

Puggz

What does that mean for us? I understand the bit about essential workers but what about getting out on our sleds?

It’s over now ,,, Unless we can consider it exercise,,

It will be interesting to see. It appears snowmobile trails are not affected, however with the stay at home order the OFSC may have little choice but to do the hard stop like in March.

I assign no blame on the OFSC if things get shut down.

6 minutes ago, Jason T said:

They also say you can gather outside max 5 people. 

Very confusing, not sure what it means for sledding. May not be a great experience if you wanted / have to travel outside your community to snowmobile.

The way I read it too.

If social gatherings are permitted outside to a limit of 5 - then that's the message for me.

I will follow those guidelines and carry on with life.

• Like 2

Just now, vooodooo said:

It will be interesting to see. It appears snowmobile trails are not affected, however with the stay at home order the OFSC may have little choice but to do the hard stop like in March.

I assign no blame on the OFSC if things get shut down.

NONE - blame rests you know where.

You also can't leave you house for non essential reasons, but non essential stores are being forced to close at 8pm. So I could get a ticket for going to their store?:rolleyes:

I'd love to see a run down of the permit buyers based on postal code.

Postal code to a permit would give a fairly accurate look at how many permit holders have to trailer ( ignore the "stay at home"). 

If those numbers are as high as I think they'd be, staying open would be encouraging people to travel to use snowmobile trails.

I give it 2/1 odds that things go full stop.

$20 on that anyone? If I lose you get $30 and we stay open for the double win!!

1 minute ago, Jason T said:

Well, on a positive note, 28 days from now we may finally have enough snow to go snowmobiling here...:icon_slap2:

LOL, yep. We need cold and more snow before a shut down really has any meaning. 

• Like 1

The order says snowmobiling can stsy open. It also says you can leave home for exercise and snowmobiling is considered exercise. 

• Like 2

again!!!! we are screwed for now. i hope it will not last longer than 30 days.

Go out and exercise your permit just don't get hurt you don't want to have to be in a hospital!

3 hours ago, thetorches said:

The order says snowmobiling can stay open. It also says you can leave home for exercise and snowmobiling is considered exercise. 

I like your way of thinking, Terry.

THETORCHES FOR PREMIERE ! !

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1

This entire Covid thing seams so overkill in my area but also have zero problems riding in my region which will keep most of the yahoo’s away. 

I’ve been a Ford supporter all along but these new lockdown rules should only be for specific regions only IMO. 

I guess one bad apple ruins it for all as we have seen way too many times in this amazing sport we all cherish

DA8FB09F-E7F1-4C95-8203-4421B38AF632.jpeg

• Like 1

Have two trailheads on my lake going riding. They already ruined spring fishing for me with rampclosures not taking away yhis too

1 minute ago, Rich Saul said:

Groceries by sled for us...

Right on.

stop being mamby pamby  if theres snow and groomed trails im in and going

• Like 2