Val D'or

Puggz

Heading up late next week and hoping they get more snow! Staying at the Forestel so it will be day trips out of that location.  Looking for recommendations on trails, places for lunch, fuel, and sight seeing.

Thanks in advance :)

P.

2 hours ago, Puggz said:

Heading up late next week and hoping they get more snow! Staying at the Forestel so it will be day trips out of that location.  Looking for recommendations on trails, places for lunch, fuel, and sight seeing.

Thanks in advance :)

P.

Have you noticed the change on the Quebec on line map the last couple of days? If you click on the snowflake and then on grooming, all the trails for the whole province show either dark grey meaning information not available or pink for closed.

22 minutes ago, gobills said:

your plans might change if they go to full lockdown Saturday.  Very unfortunate but a reality.

I believe the announcement is later today.....talks of a curfew and decreasing the essential biz list even smaller.....

They were already in "lock down" for all non essential biz....like Ontario, but there's started before us.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Have you noticed the change on the Quebec on line map the last couple of days? If you click on the snowflake and then on grooming, all the trails for the whole province show either dark grey meaning information not available or pink for closed.

They were having trouble with people riding on trails that were not yet open but using the grooming information as to which trails might have snow. (source - Club Lac 3 Salmons) So they have all the grooming as unreported. Trail conditions are still posted though....I am dreadfully afraid this upcoming lockdown and a curfew is going to be problematic for however many days it is in effect.

1 hour ago, gobills said:

your plans might change if they go to full lockdown Saturday.  Very unfortunate but a reality.

I can see ours being extended also. As I told Mrs. Turbo Doo,  i am fully expecting the worst and hoping for the best.  Still don't see us in the NCDN this season, even though we have plans and rooms booked.  

I'm proceeding as if everything is normal. I can cancel at a moments notice if I have to

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Puggz said:

I'm proceeding as if everything is normal. I can cancel at a moments notice if I have to

I had plans to head to Quebec to that weekend.  Val D'or & Rouyn but have cancelled.  Next year!

• Sad 1

Just read the Global news report.  I have another week booked in mid feb, hope that one is a go. Otherwise.....

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I hope i don't 'have' to cancel my NCDN trips..:poke2:....

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slomo said:

They were having trouble with people riding on trails that were not yet open but using the grooming information as to which trails might have snow. (source - Club Lac 3 Salmons) So they have all the grooming as unreported. Trail conditions are still posted though....I am dreadfully afraid this upcoming lockdown and a curfew is going to be problematic for however many days it is in effect.

Yeah I suspected there was some kind of province wide change on the grooming being not updated. It seems the clubs are still updating grooming online though: https://m.facebook.com/adminclubMalartic/ but need to read and understand French...:blink:

Edited by willb

3 hours ago, willb said:

Yeah I suspected there was some kind of province wide change on the grooming being not updated. It seems the clubs are still updating grooming online though: https://m.facebook.com/adminclubMalartic/ but need to read and understand French...:blink:

Check snowwild.com

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I hope i don't 'have' to cancel my NCDN trips..:poke2:....

I hope not!  Heading North this weekend of lockdown ends as planned. 

16 hours ago, Evil said:

I hope not!  Heading North this weekend of lockdown ends as planned. 

I was heading north also to pick new sled in Hearst on Monday but riding buddies have already backed out. Now full lockdown still in effect in north. This winter is starting to s***.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

:right_on::icon_steer:

Plans ?   Was talking to buddy that said his buddy was heading north. Barrie area for sledding. Got stopped and checked addresses   told to go home.   Again one story one guy     

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Plans ?   Was talking to buddy that said his buddy was heading north. Barrie area for sledding. Got stopped and checked addresses   told to go home.   Again one story one guy     

Stopped by who? Told to go home by who? So far nobody has the authority to stop you from traveling. It is a recommendation. 400 north and south bound between Toronto Barrie and beyond has personal vehicle traffic.

Blackstar asked one of the OPP guys on another forum that offers great feedback on many questions the same question and this was his response to being stopped by OPP:

"Great question...  we encourage all people to abide by their local health unit and provincial guidelines. While there is a strong encouragement to avoid non essential travel there is no legislation outright banning travel. I've not heard of any checkpoints turning people around nor is there legislation to support that. I know the OFSC has talked about trail closures based on covid numbers but they've yet to implement that.  I can say we will be more strict about laying charges for riding on closed trails this year.  Regardless of the reason for closure the rider will receive  a trespass ticket..  $65.  This was happening with or without covid.  Expect little or no tolerance for trail cans and aftermarket exhaust as well.  Landowners have spoken loud and clear.  Excess noise = no trails.  Regardless of personal thoughts towards the cans...I'd rather have trails to ride on!!  Hopefully this is a safe, fun and long season!  Sadly we already a fatality in Eastern Ontario."

And then he went on to say:

"We have not told anyone to turn around nor have we been directed to do so.  The main covid issues we seem to deal with are "large gatherings"   Many of you will remember several years ago when people were saying charges were being laid for trailer hitches sticking out without trailers attached. Simply not true.  There's always a group that likes to create that divide and spreads misinformation. This is no different. "

Edited by stoney

2 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Counted 8-9 trucks and snowmobile trailers headed northbound in a 6km stretch 20 min ago. 

Noticed a fair number of trucks/trailers/sleds on the move this morning when out grabbing my coffee!

Good to see people getting out enjoying what they can.

7 minutes ago, stoney said:

Blackstar asked one of the OPP guys on another forum that offers great feedback on many questions the same question and this was his response to being stopped by OPP:

"Great question...  we encourage all people to abide by their local health unit and provincial guidelines. While there is a strong encouragement to avoid non essential travel there is no legislation outright banning travel. I've not heard of any checkpoints turning people around nor is there legislation to support that. I know the OFSC has talked about trail closures based on covid numbers but they've yet to implement that.  I can say we will be more strict about laying charges for riding on closed trails this year.  Regardless of the reason for closure the rider will receive  a trespass ticket..  $65.  This was happening with or without covid.  Expect little or no tolerance for trail cans and aftermarket exhaust as well.  Landowners have spoken loud and clear.  Excess noise = no trails.  Regardless of personal thoughts towards the cans...I'd rather have trails to ride on!!  Hopefully this is a safe, fun and long season!  Sadly we already a fatality in Eastern Ontario."

"We have not told anyone to turn around nor have we been directed to do so.  The main covid issues we seem to deal with are "large gatherings"   Many of you will remember several years ago when people were saying charges were being laid for trailer hitches sticking out without trailers attached. Simply not true.  There's always a group that likes to create that divide and spreads misinformation. This is no different. "

I applaud the enforcement comments. And also the rest of it too. 

18 minutes ago, stoney said:

$65.00 fine for a trespass offence. Now that will make them stay on the trails   Not!    In my opinion trespass fines should be no less than $500.00 and up from there depending on cicumstances. Any less is not a deterrent.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Stopped by who? Told to go home by who? So far nobody has the authority to stop you from traveling. It is a recommendation. 400 north and south bound between Toronto Barrie and beyond has personal vehicle traffic.

I call it BS...

• Like 1