Annual Valtag sticker exemption?

Can anyone tell me if they know do we require to buy the annual valtag license stickers for our sleds? I called wasaga’s OPP branch and they would not answer me, they said to contact service Ontario (hahaha) since it’s license related... i gave up trying to get through the service ont automated menu torture 

Not sure if it's exempt this year or not, but I renewed all of our sleds stickers online. The $15 isn't worth the cost of the ticket or inconvenience in my opinion if you go through a check this year. 

https://www.ontario.ca/page/renew-licence-plate-sticker

• Like 3

From a good source (sudbury regional police) they are not enforcing the val tags but again it's up to the officer.

Service Ontario locations are open.

Edited by soupkids

1 minute ago, soupkids said:

From a good source (sudbury regional police) they are not enforcing the valley tags but again it's up to the officer.

Service Ontario locations are open.

is that like valley girls? or whatever?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bigfish said:

is that like valley girls? or whatever?

Stupid autocorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless things have changed I tried, but since the stickers have already lapsed and are over due, the online nor kiosk feature does not allow renewal of overdue permits. 

• Like 1

My truck plates are the same. No notice sent by mail, which makes no sense to me so now I'm forced to go to a physical location

1 hour ago, Johnny (Deanlea beach) said:

Unless things have changed I tried, but since the stickers have already lapsed and are over due, the online nor kiosk feature does not allow renewal of overdue permits. 

I renewed my sled sticker last week online. It had expired in Oct.

Pretty easy compared to doing it in person.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jason T said:

did mine online, took 5 days to get my registration sticker for the sled. was over due by a couple months. Easy and no hassle.

So it does work when overdue :right_on:

I cannot recall how long mine took, but it was quicker than I was expecting to receive mine.....quicker than the trail pass for sure :)

^^^^ this.

$15 savings is worth is just to avoid the conversation!

• Like 1

I did mine online this year

There should not be any question from any officer.  Regardless of whether they "say" they aren't enforcing it, Service Ontario is very clear that at the moment, any license place that normally expired on or after March 1, 2020 is NOT expired..  there is therefore nothing to ticket.

I was also going to do it online but the website says you can only renew if they aren't expired yet..   I'm surprised that some have been able to do it so I might try anyways...

https://www.ontario.ca/page/serviceontario-covid-19-coronavirus-response#section-1

Extended expiry date

You may not need to renew your product(s) at this time.

Products that expired on or after March 1, 2020, have an extended expiry date until further notice. We will notify you when it is time to renew.

This includes your:

Up to you to decide, but if you can do it online, why not just do it to avoid dealing with the hassles.

There were reports earlier that people were getting flack & tickets from officers for not having valid stickers, which means you need to deal with it in the courts, etc.....so why put  yourself through that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Sorry, but I also find it funny that we need a piece of paper to remind us to renew.... what are 16... lol :)

My point is they should still be sending the notice and it would be a non issue. I'm sick of everything involving the government and "compliance" having to be so difficult and convoluted. Just look at the information in this thread, everyone has gotten different answers depending on who they asked. Their own website says I can't renew my expired plate, but people have been able to? Their site says your ok until further notice, but officers think it's up to their discretion? Until a month ago I could go to a strip club but standing in line at service Ontario waa risky?:blink:

20 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

My point is they should still be sending the notice and it would be a non issue. I'm sick of everything involving the government and "compliance" having to be so difficult and convoluted. Just look at the information in this thread, everyone has gotten different answers depending on who they asked. Their own website says I can't renew my expired plate, but people have been able to? Their site says your ok until further notice, but officers think it's up to their discretion? Until a month ago I could go to a strip club but standing in line at service Ontario waa risky?:blink:

LMAO on the bold.

FYI...I was able to get my sticker for my truck at a center early Nov.

I am afraid the complication/difficulties for things like this, that should be much easier/straight forward, will not go away, it is now the "norm".....

I think it is good for job security in certain fields of work though.

Plus there is a saying, do not believe all you read on the net.....only about half of it is true, at best.....lol

34 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

My sled expired in August, I renewed Online first week of December when I noticed, and received sticker in a week. Just my experience.

The local Service Ontario (privately owned) in Mitchell is closed right now and the Govt owned one in Stratford will only do ownership transfers right now.   They will not renew stickers.   There is someone at the door asking you what you want to do before they let you in.  

Drove to Mactier because I like to support the local business, made a mistake thinking wife's car was over due, still had a year on it, updated sled to 2023 because sure as sh*t there will be sledding in March and my valtag would be expired.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS - PULL OUT YOUR WALLET AND MAKE SURE YOUR O.H.I.P. CARD HAS NOT EXPIRED!! You will need it for your covid vaccine shots.

4 hours ago, Johnny (Deanlea beach) said:

It did for me... I renewed the vehicle tags which expired in August on schedule at Service Ontario in Midland... I didn't have the sled ownership or licence number with me at the time so I renewed the sled tag online in early November... had it in the mail in under a week. For $15 I'm not going to have to concern myself with the officer choosing to issue a ticket or not. Then there comes the question... insurance. I believe to have your policy valid there is a clause in there that says the sled must be licensed and in compliance with the laws. If I were in an accident I wouldn't want to take a chance on whether the insurance company would use that as an escape clause for their liability.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1